Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Friday 12/03/2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Friday 12/03/2010

Was the hardest day of my life.

I had to put my little girl Chelsea to sleep. I knew she was sick. But the way money's been around here there just wasn't any to take her to the vet.

Thursday she'd been making sounds not normal for her. Thursday night once again I couldn't sleep. I got up and her making similar sounds. I went over and gently lifted her, then let her lay on me while I laid on the couch. She kept putting her face in my right hand. I thought she was looking for comfort. When I went back to bed I took her with me. So she could sleep near me as she always liked doing. I got up for work and realized she'd moved to the floor. Not till later did I find she'd also pottied on my bed. Something she's never done before.

I got off work. Got home and realized she wasn't doing well. I'd already called the vet from work and made an appointment for her. I called them back from home and asked they get her in earleir is possible? They said come in at 10:30.

My dad went with me, which was nice of him. The vet looked her over and recommented letting her go. She said Chelsea's condition was serious and she believed Chelsea's kidneys had shut down. So talking with my dad, we decided to let her go.

For over 21.5 years she's been in my life every day. She was there when I didn't feel good and days I felt I didn't have a friend. I just hope I gave her back some of the love she gave me.

I brought her back home cause........... well..... that was her home. And where she needs to be. I told her I loved her and some day when I get to heaven we will be together and I will love just as much as I always have. Then I buried her out back by the trees.

I knew some day she wouldn't be there to want to sleep in my lap while I eat lunch. Thursday was the very last. If only I'd have know the next day she would be gone, I'd have stayed and held her longer.

I miss you so much. RIP baby.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

That really sux man. But at least she is at a better place and will be waiting for you to sit on you lap once more man. 21.5 yrs is a very long time and i bet she was very happy every day of her life.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's heartbreaking man. Really sorry for the loss of Chelsea. 21.5 years is a very long time for a cat. You must have done something right all those years. And I'm sure she appreciated every minute with you.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

RJ, very sorry about your loss man, sounds like a great friend you had there. very very sorry, hang in there, the memories will last forever.....

Old 12-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

I am sooo sorry for your loss, my 2 oldest cats are over 20 now, had them since they were kittens, and are touch and go at times, my boy has congestive heart failure and is on meds. Every day I still have them is truly a gift. My neighbor just took his dog to be PTS this morning, I went over there to say my goodbyes to her and give her some kisses before I went to work. PM me if you need to talk. I have had cats my whole life and have experienced many things with them. Do you have any more pics of her? Maybe I can paint you a portrait of her on an ornament or something in her memory, no charge, again PM me if you would like that. She deserves something like that. I am sure she was loved alot and knew it.

Lisa

Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 PM

As Taz mentioned, it's hearbreaking , and it gave me goosebumps.
Best wishes.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Thank you guys so much. Debbie was nice enough to post Chelsea's photo on facebook and write a little about her.

She was a very good friend. For years she moused all my cars and never once did any damage to any of them. (I can't say the same for Smeekers)

In the 21.5 years we were together she only bit me once and that was my fault. Flea bites gave her a skin allergy. I was getting ready to leave to go to the 2008 Rebel Run. I leaned over to scratch her and she thought it was another flea biting. She turned and bit the crap out of my hand. So here I am any driving up I-75 with the back of my hand bleeding like no tomorrow. Debbie almost had to drive. And Debbie behind the wheel of a standard shift car. Well...... it's not a pretty sight, and no fun for the manual transmission either.

Yes we have other cats. (and one dog) Each one is different in their own way. But none of them are Chelsea. If that makes any sense?

Oh just so you guys know. The photo I posted is one of Chelsea sleeping on my lap one day. Not one of her, well after she was put to sleep. I thought that might need cleared up?

Last edited by rj; 12-05-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:24 AM

RJ, losing a pet to me is just as bad as a family member. My pets are all family. Take comfort in the mutual Joy and happiness you shared. Sorry for your loss.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

It really does suck loosing pets, Im sure she had an amazing life and would do it all again.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:29 AM

R.J.,
I'm really sorry to read about your loss.
Losing a pet is never easy, but we can take joy in the loving memories of their wonderful company.

R.I.P
`Chelsea

Quick Reply: My Friday 12/03/2010