Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My encounter with a 2010 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Are u lookin at the newer style ones? Lemme give u a bit of advice stay away, a freind of mines parents have a fully loaded one & there die hard gm only car ppl & they absolutly hate it it has 10k miles & there trading it off it has a bad ride & just isnt comfortable

The one I drove to Bluffton IN (400 miles round trip in one day) was a 6 banger and real comfey the seats just molded to your body like a hug. The ride was stiff like any performance car would be but comfortable. You had a feel for the road but it did not abuse you. But it's not like I can run out and buy one they can be pricey

Looks like I have to post a full review this week-end

Old 02-10-2012, 07:06 PM

My neighbor has a new Challenger SRT8,and i rode in my moms friends v6 2010 camaro,and i would love to own any new camaro

Old 02-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Zen

They are every were.But if you like them then get one it your car

Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 AM

mann i want to rent one! how much did it cost to rent for a day!?

Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 AM

Tad it sounds like you enjoyed your rentals. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
OH NO. I'll drive what I want. I don't care how popular it is

I mean... at least it isn't an Edge or some other SUV like 95% of the cars around here.
Aren't moderators supposed to lead by setting the example?

Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Camaro are not common in London Ontario at all. I was going to agree with Chibi. Monte Carlo and Edges are very common here. Heck, I'd even go as far as to say the specific DaleJr Edition Monte Carlo is more common then new generation Camaro's in London. But 03JGMonte's rides are both exceptional examples of their respective models that would stand out in a pack of their own.

I didn't know they rented Camaro's SS's. I 'd say that is a testament to the cars durability because you know that everyone that rents one is going to beat the **** out it. Sounds fun!

Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 AM

Thanks `Tadd for your post/pic's & experience with the Camaro...I wish they weren't so heavy & I wish I had the funds to have a ZL`1

For the dollars, I think a Monte Carlo gives a person a lot of Bang for their $'s...All the Camaro's that I like are just way 2 Expensive 4-$ure * I am starting to see the Camaro's on the Used car lots & some have low miles & a lot lower prices then `NEW...

Yes, it would be fun to rent a S.S. & really test one `out

Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
mann i want to rent one! how much did it cost to rent for a day!?
I for get for the day but the guy at Enterprise told me the silver one he rented me at the corporate rate would normally rent for $99 buck per day (It was a 6 banger)

The SS Rented in Phoenix total for a week was about 800 bucks (was my Christmas gift that year)

Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Thanks `Tadd for your post/pic's & experience with the Camaro...I wish they weren't so heavy & I wish I had the funds to have a ZL`1

For the dollars, I think a Monte Carlo gives a person a lot of Bang for their $'s...All the Camaro's that I like are just way 2 Expensive 4-$ure * I am starting to see the Camaro's on the Used car lots & some have low miles & a lot lower prices then `NEW...

Yes, it would be fun to rent a S.S. & really test one `out

I got some more pics of the inside of the silver Camaro I drove this week I'll post em this week end and I made some mental notes on it's performance that I'll share.

Quick Reply: My encounter with a 2010 Camaro SS