Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My dads dream car is on its way

Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My dads dream car is on its way

My dad, brother and i went up to Sterling to pick up my dads freshly painted 69 charger RT 440 4 speed with a dyna rear end.

This is my dads dream car that hehas always wanted since he was a little kid. Itis a original triple black car, Blackvinal top, black interior, black paint.

It will be a little time before it gets finished but the biggest step is out of theway.

He still hasnt decided if hewants to put the 440 enginin it and stroke it out or save his pennies and go with a full crate motor.

then here are all the pics from picking the car up.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x.../69%20CHARGER/

Old 01-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: My dads dream car is on its way

WOW, what a ride... I like all the Chargers thru about 72... thats almost Bullitt right there (year off). I'm gald you're dad is getting his dream car... and tell him Duane says if he puts anything but a 440 in that thing I'm coming all the way to Illinois to slap him

I hope to get my own dream car someday.. 1969 Ford Torino, 428 Cobra Jet with a 4 speed (that beat the Chargers on the track until they came out with the Daytona version btw , and restore one.....

Old 01-02-2009, 08:14 PM

He is thinking he wants the hood to look like this.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 PM

dude that would be very sweet. wait it will be no matter what.
whats his goal?? to be a cruiser, drag car, or a garage queen???

do you yourself have a project car you want er anything like that?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

if he guts the hood and puts that on that car... i will personally make the trip to Bloomington, find out where you live, and bitch slap him

i can't stand waht the guy did to taht car in Fast and the Furious... I'm glad he got creamed by the train... too bad the Supra didn't go with him.

if he does it, it is his dream and his money, his car... but man, PLEASE MAKE IT STOCK!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!?!??!!????

Old 01-03-2009, 12:23 AM

Inssanity21 He will drive this car do not worry about that, that is one of his biggest pet peeves is when a trailer queen comes to car show and wins something. A car is ment to be driven and give rides not to take rides.

his goal is to make this car embarrass any car that he meets on the street. Thats about it.

Cowboy6622 He is rebulding this car to stock everything except the engine. Which if you rebuild a car why wouldnt you rebuild the engine to be better? Also its not a number matching block so its not a big deal if the 440 doesnt go back in, but it is a dytona date codded block so he could easily get a good grand+ just out of the block of this car if he were to sell the block. And in all honesty a big *** blower sticking out of the hood just looks sweet to me.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Beautiful car.

The new paint looks like a mile deep.

Is the car an original vinyl top car? For some reason it makes me think it was?????????????

A guy I've known for 30 years use to own a '71 Duster he & his son restored. Jack went to all the troubles of finding an original 340 to put in the car. Even an original 6 pack hood. One year out of the blue he decides to cut the hood for the now polished blower he out on the engine. 99% of everyone who say the refreshed Duster said they would have found another hood to whack a hole in. Not an original 6 packhood. But it was Jack's car. Not our's.

This guy traded the Duster even up for a '71 Cuda from the state ofKentucky. Pretty sweet ride.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

if he guts the hood and puts that on that car... i will personally make the trip to Bloomington, find out where you live, and bitch slap him

i can't stand waht the guy did to taht car in Fast and the Furious... I'm glad he got creamed by the train... too bad the Supra didn't go with him.

if he does it, it is his dream and his money, his car... but man, PLEASE MAKE IT STOCK!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!?!??!!????

What about going with an aftermarket hood for the blower, and simply keep the original hood incase he ever wants to return to a stock look? That way you're not cutting up the original hood.

Great car. Congrats! I'm surprised that it wasn't one of the thousands used by The Dukes of Hazard.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Beautiful car.

The new paint looks like a mile deep.

Is the car an original vinyl top car? For some reason it makes me think it was?????????????

The paint is amazing how deep it is. I wish my monte looked this black. i have never seen a black car this, well, black.

TAZ- If he goes with the blower he will defenitly get a different hood to cut he wouldnt waste the money getting the hood painted just to put a big hole in it.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

These are AMAZING cars! My high school buddy had one, a 383 4-speed. The dominated Tri-City Dragway back in the early 70's.
Funny story:
I also knew a guy that had 2 hemi Chargers of that style, at the same time, but both were rough. The 1st one, dark blue '66, I was working for him contract at the time when he bought it. $4,000. (It was nice then.) 2 days later, a guy walked into the shop and asked for Fred, and they went outside to talk. Didn't come back in, gone. About 4pm, Fred's wife come storming in, grabbed the check book or whatever, grumbled Fred was in jail, and stormed out. Seems Fred bought the hemi Charger with a RUBBER CHECK and the guy pressed charges! Rubber check Fred. Wrote me 2 of 'em! He dealt with Chicago boys as bankers, also. Missed a payment, and they ruffed him up pretty bad. Destroyed Fred's Ramcharger and the Charger, too. Rubber check Fred. LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My dads dream car is on its way