Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

my $1 eagle talon... pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile my $1 eagle talon... pics

so, i said i would post these in a thread once i took some, of course its been snowing like crazy all day so these were the best i could get. for those of you who do not know, last sunday i was in the right place at the right time, and wound up aquiring a neighbors old eagle talon for the wallet- lightining sum of $1 they were moving and had no way of removing the car from the property due to a lost title. my plan is to

A) see if i can get a new title ( not likely ) or
B) just get it running & driving, pound the rear brakes loose, clean 'er up and sell it as a whole parts car for a couple hundred $'s

the car itself is a '97 talon ESI model with the 2.0 DOHC 4-banger and a 5 speed manuel trans ( thank god ) its red with the black top and a gray cloth interior that is in VERY good condition, and the car has very few options, makes my LS seem like a lexus, haha. i also found the original window sticker with the car, along with the window sticker from the used car lot our nieghbor bought it at, and a ton of service records

on the down side, its got high miles, its pretty rusty on the door bottems and 1/4's, brakes are locked up, i see NO antifreeze in the radiator ( uh-oh), its scummy dirty and most of all NO TITLE which sucks, haha.

and finally, here are the pics i took of it today!

got some free X-plod speakers for the monte too

Old 02-23-2010, 11:40 PM

wish i could get a car for $1

Old 02-23-2010, 11:51 PM

Good luck with that Ryan.
I'm sure at SOME point that used to be somebody's baby... and a half decent car.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 AM

you know you want to

Attached Thumbnails my alt= eagle talon... pics-dsm%2520front.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 01:42 AM

If you go to North Philly I'm sure you could sell it for 600-800, even in those conditions and no tittle. Craiglist it and you'll get a few calls from there at least.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 AM

`Hi `Ryan, .....Good Find ~>Good Buy ~> 4-Sure

Old 02-24-2010, 05:38 AM

Good buy... if you do nothing other then use it to do donuts in the neighbor's yard it'll be well worth the price! :-P How difficult is it to get a new title in PA (man talk about buzzkill!) Here is SC I think all you need to do is have the RO go to the DOT and tell them he/she lost the title and get a replacement, think it cost $10 or something along that line, since they moved they may have to get a notorized letter and then they sign it over to you and you get a new title. Would think whole process in SC would cost less then $30. Not a bad price for the car either, however parting out you would probably make a killing... then again with the ricers out there that wing isn't near tall enough!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:10 AM

It is according to the year of the Vehicle. for many of the older vehicles the titles will be purged from the states system so you may want to get`a new title from a Title service like www.GetNewTitle.com. They can also get titles for newer vehicles that have been abandon in most states and in short tme.

• [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Top Steps to Take

Replacing a lost title is simple. The form is available in PDF format so you can download the document and fill it out before taking or mailing it to PennDOT. All you need is the free Acrobat Reader software from Adobe.
Complete Form MV-38 O, Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title and submit it to your local service center or messenger center office by mail to the address below.
If your title has been stolen, report the theft to local law enforcement and submit a copy of the report with your application.
The fee for a replacement title is $22.50.

Top Mailing Address

You may also submit the application for replacement title by mail. Send the completed form and fees, in form of check or money order only, to:
  • PA Department of Transportation
  • Bureau of Motor Vehicles
  • Harrisburg, PA 17104-2516

Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks for the info space. right now im looking into a coupla title options, eather the program my friend went through or the one we got a title for my dad's '54 chevy through years back.

i figure if i can get a title i'll look into what else it'll need for inspection, heck mabe i'll drive it a lil, if i can get a title i'll probibly list it on CL for $1600 OBO, and go down from there. if i cant get a title, its going up on CL for $800, and dropping from there if it doesint sell.

as for now imma detail it out & wash it when the snow melts back, get it running and drive it around my development a lil, practice driving a stick 'caus i SUCK at it, and i dont have to worry if i really hurt this car

'an dave, i would'int mind doing a quick build on this car, a friend of mine built a '95 ESI 5 speed car, red & black, and it was a killer looking car. he put aftermarket cams in the N/A 2.0 too, which sounded suprisingly good. but this one is getting rusty underneith, it would need that repaired before i dumped money into aything else. it would get like your '95 LS project reeal quick, haha.

something else i noticed is how tiny the interior is! NOW i remember why i bought the monte, i have the seat in the talon all the way back and the tilt wheel all the way up, and i still have my knees up on eather side of the wheel, lol. the backseat is REALLY cozy, haha

Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by skylark65
...something else i noticed is how tiny the interior is! NOW i remember why i bought the monte, i have the seat in the talon all the way back and the tilt wheel all the way up, and i still have my knees up on eather side of the wheel, lol. the backseat is REALLY cozy, haha
**Flashback to Police Academy** "Why don't we pull the front seats out and sit in the back seat?"

Quick Reply: my $1 eagle talon... pics