Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Music that you like...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Default RE: Music that you like...

eclectic describes it for me. most of the time i listen to rock whether it's punk rock, metal, hair bands, classic rock, etc. but i also listen to lots of different techno music, lots of different rap and hip hop. and i have a few country cd's hangin around. oh can't leave out ska lol. only music i don't really like is opera/ classical stuff.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:26 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i listen to other kinds of music occasinally, but i still prefer my country. carrie underwood, toby keith, and brad paisley are my favorites.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I mostly listen to rock from the late 80's to today. But I'll also listen to "classic" rock, some country, some rap. Everything else, I don't dislike, but don't actively listen to on a regular basis. Basically, if someone is listening to something else, I won't tell them to put headphones on, or "turn the sh*t off".

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 AM

[align=center]Hi `Cort,[/align][align=center]I love all types of music. I've never had MTV or cable[/align][align=center]and was influenced more by my grandfather, and[/align][align=center]his friends on their music. I've never really been into[/align][align=center]rap or hip/hop techno. I know that Big city kids that come to[/align][align=center]the beach listen to way different music then the[/align][align=center]BeachRiverBum's & I.[/align][align=center]96.5 Classic Rock - Orlando's Rock Experience.[/align][align=center]I now also like `jazz & sometimes classical music : ) WoW [/align][align=center]We know that we are waydifferent then the rest[/align][align=center]of the kids our age (We live in a bubble-isolated from[/align][align=center]the rest of the World: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is some of the tunes we listen to[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][align=center]The Beatles

[/align][align=center]Garth Brooks[/align]
[align=center]Led Zeppelin[/align]
[align=center]The Eagles[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Pink Floyd[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]AC/DC[/align]
[align=center]Rolling Stones[/align]
[align=center]Rock[/align]
[align=center]Aerosmith[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]George Strait[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mariah Carey[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Metallica[/align]
[align=center]Van Halen
[/align][align=center]U2
[/align][align=center]Fleetwood Mac
[/align][align=center]Guns N' Roses[/align]
[align=center]Kenny G[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Jazz[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Shania Twain[/align]
[align=center][URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada][u][color=

Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 AM

Pretty much anything other than country,I listen to it all

Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 AM

[align=center]Hi Cort, I wish your parents a fast recovery from their[/align][align=center]medical ordeal...`Space[/align][align=center]_________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Yes, I noticed, & you are diverse : )[/align]

Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

I play that classical stuff as a cellist.

Cool. Who would've thought a cellist would drive a Monte, but then I guess it does fit as it is pretty classy itself.

Country is about all I listen to and the occassional instrumental(ie. Boots Randolph - sax, Floyd Cramer - piano). In school I played trombone in band, and I switched between trombone and bass guitar in jazz band. I really enjoyed jazz band, it wasn't so strict, you could have a little fun improvising. One of these days I'm going to learn to play the sax.

Cort, I wish your parents the best.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I play it all... Rock, Metal, Country, Jazz, Folk, Alternative... I have also created different styles, because I like all kinds of music, I have mixed them or fused them together to create a new style like... Country Jazz (mixing jazz with bluegrass), or Hard Country (mixing heavy Metal with Country)

Below is a RAW (as in rough) recording of what I call Hard Country (I just threw it together in 5-minutes) Both parts played on my Ovation....
http://www.yourhealingprayer.com/Theme1.mp3

This is me playing Tesla's Love Song - a little more refined... but still a RAW recording.
http://www.yourhealingprayer.com/LoveSong1.mp3

Quick Reply: Music that you like...