Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The Most Interesting Man in the World

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm glad all of you who read this are enjoying it. I thought it would be a Humorous play on these stupid cammercials!!!

Last edited by JC Colon; 02-18-2015 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:37 PM

Well better question is aren't you using a moving truck? Moving trucks already have tow hitches and got the torque to tow a 4000 lbs car with ease

Old 02-18-2015, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member

We got a Pod. It's actually cheaper than a 1 way U-haul, Penski or Rider truck. And we are working on a constrained budget because I am not working and both of us will have to find work once we get there. Mo has had her resume searchable in the Seattle area since the middle of Jan. And has gotten several calls for interviews. I have been checking the job openings in my field and I am very confident that I will be able to find work quickly. There is one particular place I would Love to work for. And they do have a few openings that fit my skills set. But I am not only looking at that one company.
Driving both cars will be Ok. We already have the trip planned out, how many miles we want to drive each day, hotels for the overnights. We are going to spend the 3rd day at Crazy Horse in the Black Hills area. All on all it is going to take us about 4.5 days to make the trip.
Although the Altima is in better condition than My Minion, 100k miles on its clock compared to 190k on mine, I am confident that both cars will be able to complete the trip without incident. And I am getting Oil changes, tune ups and new Thermostats for both cars. I have also already had both cars checked by my Trusted Pep Boys, and they both got a . So the things I am doing or having done is preventative, not necessary.
I took a long trip from NY to Fl in 2 Vans once. Half way down one, an Aerostar, blew a head gasket because of a bad thermostat. That was in S Carolina. The other driver did not notice we were not following them until they got to the middle of Georgia. (Hash Lesson Learned)
Mo and I are carrying Walky-Talkys along with 3 cell phones. So we will have an open and constant communication channel for the whole trip. We will have a Good sum of $$$ on our debit cards, our credit card will have a $0 balance, and we will each have $100 in cash in on our pocket. We are doing all our driving in daylight. I'm trying to cover all possibilities ahead of time.
And I'll have my fingers crossed for added protection!!!! Lol

Old 02-22-2015, 01:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Good one JC.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:09 PM

Based on your torque comment, I'm guessing it's the V6 in the Altima? A Buick V6 in one car and a VQ series V6 in the other definitely lends a lot of confidence on the reliability front. Probably the two most bulletproof V6 families out there.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah Sarg. I am more concerned about the peripherals than the engines themselves. The Altima is the 3.5 V6 combo. The engine is the same as the Maxima, but I've come to understand that the Trans is different.
Since we have to drive thru 2 mountain ranges, I figure the car with the better Torque, the Altima, would be the better car to do the towing. But Mo will not hear of having a hitch welded to her car. I can understand. I don't want one on My Minion either. So we are both driving.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:44 PM

Hi J.C. >
I Love Yellow

I think everyone should