Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of October 2017

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Updated the date on the Fall photo contest to the 29th of October

October Photo Contest
"FALL COLORS"

So lets do a Photo Contest
In Memory of Barb, Stumpi, and Butch
who we lost this year.
They were active in the Photo shoots.
With the upcoming fall foliage colors this will be a great time to take a few pics
with your Monte Carlo.
Lets have all the entries in by October 29th which is a Sunday.
Be as creative as you like.

If you haven't played this game before:
1.take a photo of your Monte with the fall foliage in the background.
2. Post it in this thread between now and the 16th of October.
3. we can do a maximum of 10 entries if we have more we can do a second poll and then a run off for a final winner.
4. a reference shot is included to stimulate creativity, imagine your Monte on this road.
5. NO PHOTO SHOPING IS ALLOWED, HAS TO BE A PHOTO YOU TOOK, AND YOU MAY CROP IT.

This is not a Halloween theme.
We can do one of those after this one.

Attached Thumbnails

Old 10-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Hello everyone. I have been away for a while. I've been dealing with some pretty rotten divorce stuff....thats never fun. On the flip side I have been doing a lot of traveling for work. That has been nice.

My SS bit the bullet last week. It overheated, got to 240deg before I new it. Coolant was low, don't know where the leak is yet. I topped it off and drove about 350 miles fine. then Tuesday morning I went out to crank it and it has a dead miss on one cylinder and the top of the engine sounded like shaking rocks in a can.

I can't decide on rebuilding the top half, the whole thing, a new engine, or just selling it. Its got 150k. If I wasn't going through a divorce I would go with a supercharged upgrade!

Anybody interested in a nice silver SS with a bummed engine?

Old 10-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey guys,

I'm a married man now and just back from our honeymoon in the mountains of North Carolina.

Here's Detroit's video for its Amazon HQ2 bid. This video is legit, I got chills actually.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Congratulations Matt!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Hey guys,

I'm a married man now and just back from our honeymoon in the mountains of North Carolina.

Here's Detroit's video for its Amazon HQ2 bid. This video is legit, I got chills actually.

https://youtu.be/DO4J_PC1b5M
Congratulations on your marriage Matt.

That's a well done video. As a resident near Amazon HQ1 here in Seattle, I can tell you that Amazon is a great boost to the local economy. I've watched Amazon grow and have been involved in the construction and maintenance of Amazon buildings here since their inception when they bought and remodeled an old VA hospital, to the 20+ high rise office buildings they occupy in the South Lake Union area. Construction of their buildings has been continuous for about 15 years now.
Their population does have an impact on traffic. Pedestrians tend to run in herds often causing grid-lock downtown.
Since they have a "brick and mortar" buildings in Washington state, sales tax is applied to purchases by WA residents which often bumps them out as the best online deal.
Amazon employees have some unusual privileges like encouragement to bring pets to work, allowed to drink alcohol on the job (actually have self service bars in buildings), and flexible hours.
They have a very strict security policy. Contractors can't work there without a thorough background check.

Last edited by plumbob; 10-25-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good morning and thank you guys!

In the low-mid-30s this morning, our first real frost on the ground. Our October has been fairly mild until this week. The Upper Peninsula of MI is looking at snow through the weekend.

What's everyone's fall color situation where they live? This fall in SE MI we've been warmer and much dryer than usual so we haven't seen much vibrant coloring and it's been really blotchy. Some trees are dropping leaves before changing color. We have two huge maple trees on our back property line and they're still mostly green and haven't really dropped many leaves yet. Our City's leaf pickup for this season starts next week and goes through mid-November so I'm hoping they drop soon.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-26-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So today was a really bad day for me, and my Monte. I was involved in a car accident this morning. The front end looks better in the pictures than it really is. Because the plastic bumper cover springs back into shape. But everything behind it crushed. The air bags went off, which pretty much makes the car a write-off.

Personally, I'm in a lot of pain. Spent about 4 hours in the hospital emergency room this morning.

I had my Dale Jr edition since 2007, and wanted to keep it despite the problems I had with it. Time to get GM to bring the Monte Carlo name plate back, and get a new Monte.

Attached Thumbnails Month of October 2017-2004-monte-carlo-10-27-2017-picture-1.jpg   Month of October 2017-2004-monte-carlo-10-27-2017-picture-2.jpg  
Old 10-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Hope you feel better soon Taz, looks like the impact was pretty hard. So sorry it seems like the end of the road for your Monte. They're dropping like flies lately. I can think of at least four from our group that have been totalled in the past six months.
I agree with your feelings that GM should bring back the Monte, but I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon....Any thoughts about what the replacement will be?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:39 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For now I'll be driving my dad's Buick Century, since he doesn't drive any more. But long term, not sure yet.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Taz
So today was a really bad day for me, and my Monte. I was involved in a car accident this morning. The front end looks better in the pictures than it really is. Because the plastic bumper cover springs back into shape. But everything behind it crushed. The air bags went off, which pretty much makes the car a write-off.

Personally, I'm in a lot of pain. Spent about 4 hours in the hospital emergency room this morning.

I had my Dale Jr edition since 2007, and wanted to keep it despite the problems I had with it. Time to get GM to bring the Monte Carlo name plate back, and get a new Monte.

Wow, that's terrible hope you are OK. Looks like the Monte is a goner. That really sucks.
A friend of mine and his wife were on I-80 by Lincoln, NE and an 18 wheeler changed lanes and drove up over there GMC Terrain. they had to use the Jaws of life to get him and his wife out. He is doing ok but his wife is healing real slow. Broke her hand and leg. Trying to be careful any more is real difficult.
Hope you get better soon!!! Stay safe.