Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte Carlo Informative Website

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So i've hit a small bump in the road of creating my website, we're switching programs in class but i will easily be able to switch it over from HTML.

I am probably not going to mess around with the hosting here at school, ill just buy a domain.

I'm still open to ideas!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member

it's here! here's a basic idea of where i'm at so far, I still obviously have a ton of information to add, i basically have no information yet, on the site at least, that will take the longest, but if you guys could, i know its not interesting yet but navigate around the site, post anything that you guys think might make it easier to do and anything else i should include, minus the how-to's and the monte's page.

let me know! thanks!

http://myweb.msoe.edu/trewynm/website/websitehome.html

yes this is off our school server here at school, i will publish to something like godaddy or something as it gets bigger and more well known, so the page can keep up with the traffic, if i ever get there..

Also, MillerMonteSS, I have your car on the home page, if you wouldn't like it there let me know and I can find another, I just wanted to get a 7th gen on there and a different car than mine, so let me know! thanks!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member

the other montes page is currently down, will be fixed soon. buttons should still work, graphics just do not show up.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member

Update, Other Montes page is fixed =] let me know if anyone has any recommendations, tons of work will be put in tomorrow, if you would like your car feature please let me know

people that will be featured:

Lisa

Also, on the 6th generation page I will be adding information on the exhaust too, like was recommended before

Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 AM

Idk what you are actually going for on this site...
why not put up how- tos on the 5th gen? I find myself doing alot based on the how tos from predecessors.
also, you could do the other generations... we have all the how to info here.
you may even be able to go as far as posting a history section for each model.
like info such as the 7th gen is actually the revised 6th gen according to gm. The only reason we call it the 7th gen is because so many changes were made that its like a total restyling

Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 AM

But the site looks great. I can't wait to see it finished.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:28 AM

Hi `Mitch,
Looking Great, and I know that you will get a A+ : )
Also, your pictures of your Monte look great on your page.
Will be checking back to see your progress...Good Luck

Old 03-16-2011, 08:41 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
Idk what you are actually going for on this site...
why not put up how- tos on the 5th gen? I find myself doing alot based on the how tos from predecessors.
also, you could do the other generations... we have all the how to info here.
you may even be able to go as far as posting a history section for each model.
like info such as the 7th gen is actually the revised 6th gen according to gm. The only reason we call it the 7th gen is because so many changes were made that its like a total restyling
just the time that needs to be put in just to add one more generation is a ton, i may do it in the end tho once i get the 6th and 7th gen stuff down, it all just depends on where im at with time.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
10 Year Member

Its been brought to my attention that some of my spelling and stuff was bad on the home page. All sites will be spell checked when finished I was just trying to show you guys my template so far I will be getting a more interesting background tonight and hopefully start adding some information to some of the individual pages.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Just a few opinions from the peanut gallery.

It's too red and it could use a better "banner." There are many sites that can create custom banners for sites if you google for them. They're pretty cool. Also, the 4 pictures, any way you can create a slide show thing instead of the 4 staggered the way they are? Just a thought. I also think the style of the buttons or links at the bottom are much more attractive than the ones on the top. For continuity maybe have all of them the same?

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Informative Website