Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I've come to the conclusoing that this forum isn't about cars, it's about people. Cars are just what put us all here... on the MCF. The members blog, my own NASCAR fantasy thing,!

Hi `Duane,
You have good insight on what the MCF is all about...I always enjoy reading your posts & your super created MCF NASCAR Thread that you were named our NASCAR HISTORIAN

The world wide web can bring so many people together that have same and similar interest, but I believe the MCF brings a social type network of friends together that love automobiles...The Monte Carlo is a SuperSuper automobile that has been produced for many years, but is no longer produced

I believe that is why every member should contribute to the MCF...We can all dream about a future Monte Carlo, but there is no new one at present...

The MCF is a privately owned web site, and for it to survive it must have activity to keep sponsor's paying to keep the site funded...Without sponsor's, we would not `be !!

Yes, I agree that we have many member's that have departed and sold their Monte's, but many have returned and still contribute and post updates on their life...

What I love about the MCF is that it is a family site..(Even though there's a kid that takes that to the edge on some of his posts/thread: ) I've found the member's respect each other & get respect. There's not to many other forums that have this friendly family atmosphere to enjoy...
and care about each other.

Our Administrator Taz & Staff are not paid for their time/service, but I believe they do it for the love of the Monte Carlo & it's member's...

I believe we are the best automobile forum on the `Web ~> 4-Sure : )
It's active member's like you that keep our forum interesting and bring member's back to see what's new.

Thanks to you and all active contributing members andStaff for their dedication...Special thanks to our leader `Taz, (Lou), who not only puts up with me, some crazy member's & you also : ) LOL...'

He has worked tirelessly to keep our forum running strong so that member's can enjoy their stay/visits
to the MCF.

I've said this before "I believe our World would be a better place `if there were more like Taz upon it"...
I know that The Monte Carlo Forum is better...Thank You

Last edited by Space; 08-05-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I appreciate the compliments. Obviously, I can't take all the credit. MCF is around because of all of us. You and I. Without members, there is no forum.

I was going to make a long (and probably boring :p) post. But Space and Duane already said it best.

I came here as a potential Monte owner in 2007. An upset Pontiac Grand Am GT owner who was tired of paying thousands in engine repairs on the lemon 3400 engine in my 99 grand am. I was looking for a car with the more reliable 3800 engine, and I happened across this really cool looking supercharged Monte at a Chevy dealership. I came here looking for info on whether the Monte I found was worth looking into. And the good people here on MCF gave me all the info I needed to make an informed purchase.

I came here for info, and stayed because of the great people on the forum. I never imagined I'd reach 10,000+ posts, and become assistant admin. I feel honored to be here among all you good people. You've all helped me many times over, and I sincerely appreciate it!

Old 10-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Loved reading this! The site is fantastic the people here are great and unbelievably knowledgeable/ always willing to help one another. Best car site for sure!

Old 10-17-2011, 01:48 AM

Wow. With a history like that it is amazing that this site still exists. It reminds me of the story of the bird that crashed and burned only to have a stronger more beautiful Phoenix emerge from the ashes. I am glad that I found this site and that I was welcomed with open arms. Duane is very perceptive for such a young man and it hit the nail on the head when he said that car ownership is secondary here. Thanks for all that you all do. Gregg

Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

We're all glad you're here!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

You're all special!

Old 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Default oH i AGREE!

Originally Posted by mwjames
loved reading this! The site is fantastic the people here are great and unbelievably knowledgeable/ always willing to help one another. Best car site for sure!
agreed!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
You're all special!
Thanx man! I think.

Attached Thumbnails Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?-teambus.jpg  
Old 09-09-2012, 06:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know this is kind of an old thread, but i just read it to find out the history.
Sounds like a lot of ups and downs!
Thanks to Taz and space and everyone else who kept this thing running!
i go on here so many times a day, more than i can count on my fingers for sure!
It's always interesting, every time i get on here theirs something new to read. I learned a lot about my Monte SS and i wish i found this site sooner with my first Monte.
Thanks to everyone who keeps this site running smoothly and thanks for all the help, knowledge, and friendship I've gained over the past year and few months!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Crap, I didn't realize this thread was this old.....

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?