Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I joined just after the large crash and it was a broken forum. IDK why but I stayed :P

Learned a ton about my car, and I have been contributing and helping rebuild all the articles as well as I could.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

dangggg. thats a rough history. but im glad to see the mcf up and running smoothly. and i know not all of the members on here will read this but i wanna thank everyone on this forum for all the incredible help they have given me these past two years. if i hadnt of found this forum then my monte would probably have been sold long ago. but with everyones help and advice on here ive learned alot about my monte and many other gens. thanks for all the help and i hope to keep learning more and more about the mcf's history.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bama_z34
dangggg. thats a rough history. but im glad to see the mcf up and running smoothly. and i know not all of the members on here will read this but i wanna thank everyone on this forum for all the incredible help they have given me these past two years. if i hadnt of found this forum then my monte would probably have been sold long ago. but with everyones help and advice on here ive learned alot about my monte and many other gens. thanks for all the help and i hope to keep learning more and more about the mcf's history.

bama_z34, thank you for starting a great thread and I would also like to thank all the great members and administrators here as well for their continued support and knowledge.....

Thank You MCF.........

Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM

^^^x4

Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Ya great Idea and thanks to Lou for the explanation!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Thats a crazy history, heartwarming ending

Mike I didnt know I joined in the same month as you. Wheres my moderator invite

And bama- My first was a 89 grand prix, still is.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

I would like to know how Lou got involved with MCF

Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Mike I didnt know I joined in the same month as you. Wheres my moderator invite
Clearly you aren't observant enough to even be a Mod

Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I added some pictures to my post on the first page.

Originally Posted by Jon
I would like to know how Lou got involved with MCF
I joined the forum in August 2007. I was in the market to get rid of my money-pit, lemon of a 1999 Grand Am GT. And a Chevy dealership had a couple Dale Jr edition Montes. I thought they looked pretty darn cool. I had also heard that GM's 3.8 litre engine was a very reliable engine. Which is exactly what I was looking for. The fact that the junior edition had a supercharger was even better.

I wanted to know if there were known issues with the 2004 Montes. Being a member on a grand am forum, I knew the place to go was a monte forum. So I google searched "monte carlo forum". This forum came up first in the list. I looked around, and found a lot of friendly helpful people. I learned from this site that I should have no major issues to worry about. So I bought the car and joined the site.

When the forum needed a new moderator, Space contacted Admin Patrick and suggested me since I was spending so much time on the forum. I gladly accepted the offer. But Admin Patrick, being the lead admin for many forums (over 50+) couldn't spend as much time on MCF as he liked. When the new MCF came online, Patrick asked me to be assistant admin. A site-specific admin. All of Internet Brands forums have site-specific admins. I'm the site-specific admin on MCF. So it's all Space's fault.

But I don't make all the decisions myself. I feel all the staff should be able to have a say in what happens here. I ask the rest of the moderators for their input before making decisions. I should add that none of the moderators or myself are employees of Internet Brands. We don't get paid for any of this. We're here for the same reason you are.

Since we're not IB employees, the owners don't give us access to every part of the forum. Since the server hack of 2008, parts of the forum that need access to the forum's operating system or the server's file system are strictly protected. Only Internet Brands tech department has the access needed to make certain changes to the forum. Like the forum logo, color and layout of the forum, and some features.

That's why it takes a while to get certain things done. Anything I have access to can be done quickly. But if it needs to go through the tech department, it usually takes longer. Some ideas/wants just get flat out denied. As we're all aware.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Clearly you aren't observant enough to even be a Mod
LOL. That's funny!

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?