Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte back, some upgrades and parts added.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Monte back, some upgrades and parts added.

While the car was in the shop having the Holley system installed we took the time to repair some things and upgrade others and such. Thought I would post some of these things we did here as time takes its toll on rubber parts, electronics etc. Plus to enlighten you on the upgrades done, I mean who else will really ever appreciate what we do to our Montes but other Monte owners.

BASIC OEM TYPE STUFF REPAIRS:

Engine oil pan gasket, front crankshaft seal, right solid engine mount, front lower forward control arm bushings, rear sub-frame bushings, A/C accumulator, Gatorback Poly Belts, Passenger side CV Axle (HD), drivers side CV axle, A/C Delco Battery, Ignition control module, 4 wheel alignment.

UPGRADES AFTERMARKET ADD ONS:

ZZP Intermediate Output shaft, Replacement HD 4T65E Differential, Complete extensive upgraded transaxle rebuild, Holley Water Methanol System, Complete replacement of OEM and any other fuel related parts (New 07 Monte Fuel Tank, Teflon Stainless braided lines, CTS-V fuel pump). Custom set of MSD HEI Cap Plug wires, Pressure Worx CTS-V2 Universal 3 bar PWM Fuel Module controller, WALBRO fuel system cornering pickup kit, Fuel temperatuer sensor, AEM Fail safe gauge / system, Full Race Borg Warner Blow off valve billet cover, all kinds of heat shields, modding of the CarTuning front / rear manifolds, modify lower intake manifold to accept 2nd coolant temp sensor and there are many more minute things done with sensors added, relocated etc etc.

And so this is why my car was gone for a year. The technician had other day to day jobs at his sop that needed attending to, and to do all this stuff PLUS understand and install the Holley EFI system itself was a mind bender. The car was on the dyno for 3 days... But hey it is done now, yeah. Now have to clean it up very good ad get it ready for the AutoRama event next Friday. The car has to be in position on Thursday, so I have about 4.5 days to trick it out for a proper presentation at a huge event like this, kind of intimidating really, going to be some big time players there...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 03-17-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Well good luck at the Autorama show

Well good luck at the Autorama show!!
They just had one here in Omaha, Nebraska unfortunately I didn't make it. But some friends had went and got to See Dale Jr. and even got some stuff signed. How cool is that.
Now if I would have went they would have shut down the line just as I got there, cause his time would have been up.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh my gosh where are the pictures!? Good luck at the show!