Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The Monte...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Default The Monte...

Hey everyone. How are you all doing? I have some sad news. (And I'm not even a top 10 poster) With another baby on the way and a Michigan winter, my wife and I decided it would be best to sell the Monte Carlo and get a Jimmy or Blazer. I'm looking for an '01 or whatever the last model year for the Jimmy was. We want $4250 for the Monte because of the work that has been done to it. If anyone in MI is interested, pm me or check out Craig's list in the Jackson area. (Sorry mods, I'm not soley trying to sell my car.) All of you are great, and I hope you can still let me post even though I don't have a Monte, I am still an enthusiast. ;o) Take Care!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: The Monte...

Selling your Monte is a sad day. But at least you're not buying a Honda Pilot. LOL.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:28 PM

HAHA. Can't afford it! LOL

Old 08-29-2008, 08:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of the Monte, but I understand. I'm thinking about getting a 4 door or a wagon myself, for the extra room. But I'm NOT selling the Intimidator SS, just looking for a 5th car (that's just sick! but everything we have is 2 doors)
I bought a '95 Blazer, and put 166,000 miles on it before buying an '01 Impala new. The Impala was TWICE the vehicle the Blazer was. I HIGHLY recommend a FWD car for these Michigan winters. Go for a 4 door, and FORGET the Jimmy or Blazer. Maintenance is more, and the gas milage is WAY less than an Impala. Unless you need to drive thru DEEP snow, buy a car like the Impala, which is same as a Monte, anyway! ('04 or later, if possible)

Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 PM

i dont think they will let us post if we dont have a monte here. I mean most of us mods dont have them any more . LOL
you can still post here if your reallly really nice and dont feed TAZ!!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mickey
you can still post here if your reallly really nice and dont feed TAZ!!
Well you can feed him but not after midnight.

Im sorry you have to sell your car ryan. Its a shame. I agree that you should look for a 4 door car. Maybe a pontiac G8 gt....hmmm maybe an all wheel drive malibu.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:21 AM

[align=center]Hi Ryan,[/align][align=center]I am sorry to read your post, but fully understand that[/align][align=center]everyone has priorities, and must do, what they have to do.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that youstill stay active on the MCF. You are[/align][align=center]a great contributing member, and a asset to our forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I still have not obtained another Monte Carlo, but I constantly[/align][align=center]dream about getting another one.[/align][align=center]I hope your future provides you with the oppurtunity [/align][align=center]to get another one during your journey of life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you luck in selling and finding a vehicle that will[/align][align=center]be safe and fill your family needs.[/align][align=center]Wish you, and family the best.
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/5B76E0339FB541738DFDD4AE51AC8119.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 08-30-2008, 09:44 AM

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ctd/818185241.html

theres something to look into!

sorry to hear about you losing your monte, i hope when the time comes you can look at another one!

Old 08-30-2008, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of the Monte, but I understand. I'm thinking about getting a 4 door or a wagon myself, for the extra room. But I'm NOT selling the Intimidator SS, just looking for a 5th car (that's just sick! but everything we have is 2 doors)
I bought a '95 Blazer, and put 166,000 miles on it before buying an '01 Impala new. The Impala was TWICE the vehicle the Blazer was. I HIGHLY recommend a FWD car for these Michigan winters. Go for a 4 door, and FORGET the Jimmy or Blazer. Maintenance is more, and the gas milage is WAY less than an Impala. Unless you need to drive thru DEEP snow, buy a car like the Impala, which is same as a Monte, anyway! ('04 or later, if possible)
I would LOVE to get an Impala, but I will be driving through deep snow and that is another major factor. We have an '05 Chevy Classic with Goodyear TripleTreds, but even that won't get through the roads in the winter where I need to drive. Even just to get to the expressway. lol. Thanks for the replies and I'll keep you updated. The Jimmy I'm looking at has 114k miles and is CLEAN. I had my dad run a vehicle inquiry and no problems at all...two owners. No head gaskets leaking or intake gaskets leaking. It will need brakes soon, it just had plugs/wires/cap and rotor put on with new tires. It just had a 4 wheel drive actuator switch replaced which is common for all push button 4x4 systems. I'll keep you all updated and I won't feed Taz after midnight. )