Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, September 26, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Dang you are good

"The Rock will take you down Know Your Role Boulevard which is on the corner of Jabroni Drive and check you directly into the Smackdown Hotel!"

I honestly thought you were going to say...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT KIND OF CAR THAT IS!!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Taz you're always one step ahead of me

Wish I woulda thought of that!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

IF YOU SMELL-L-L-L-L-L-AH.....

what The Rock......

is cookin'

Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 AM
15 Year Member

Who...in the blue...hell are you?

When I saw the Rock say that to Booker T, I thought I was going to cry

lol

By now I'm sure you can tell I'm a huge wrestling fan

And yes, I know it's fake

Old 09-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
By now I'm sure you can tell I'm a huge wrestling fan

And yes, I know it's fake
Well, yes and no. Everything is scripted and rehearsed ahead of time. And some things are done "safely" so everyone goes home at the end of the show instead of a hospital or morgue. But it's not necessarily completely fake. When you see a guy jump off a 12 foot ladder and crash through a table, it's really happening. It's not CGI, and obviously the guys are not wearing any padding. Basically there's two ways to do that stuff. The right way hurts like hell, but they go home at the end of the night. The wrong way sends you to the hospital (if you're lucky).

And before anyone thinks I'm naive about what wrestling really is. I had a relative who was a professional wrestler many decades ago. He wasn't in WWE/WWF or WCW. So 99.9% of you wouldn't know him.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:11 AM

I thought " The Rock" was a Ford guy...?? He probably couldn't even get in a Monte!
LOL!

Mornin' All! Hope you are all well! We are havin' some great weather here in the KC area.

-Mark.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I was a HUGE wrestling fan back in middle school / early high school. Then I started working nights after school and missing it and never really went back to watching it.

My parents still watch it though. It's funny when I go up on a Friday night and they have Smackdown on. I have no idea who 75% of the people are, and seeing Christian with short hair is so odd.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Well, yes and no. Everything is scripted and rehearsed ahead of time. And some things are done "safely" so everyone goes home at the end of the show instead of a hospital or morgue. But it's not necessarily completely fake. When you see a guy jump off a 12 foot ladder and crash through a table, it's really happening. It's not CGI, and obviously the guys are not wearing any padding. Basically there's two ways to do that stuff. The right way hurts like hell, but they go home at the end of the night. The wrong way sends you to the hospital (if you're lucky).

And before anyone thinks I'm naive about what wrestling really is. I had a relative who was a professional wrestler many decades ago. He wasn't in WWE/WWF or WCW. So 99.9% of you wouldn't know him.
IDK, my wrestling knowledge is fairly extensive lol, you could give it a shot...

I never miss a Monday Night Raw. Smackdown.....eh, I watch it if I get around to it

Weird fact: Macho Man died the day before my wedding

Chibi, you gotta watch Raw tonight!!! CM Punk is a funny dude, and Kevin Nash is always lurking. Yes, Diesel. lol and Triple H is the C.O.O.

TNA Impact Wrestling is a good show, they have lots of talent, and the best wrestler of all time

Not Hulk Hogan

Sting

Oh, and ROH just started being televised! Desmond Wolf, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas all wrestle with them.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I doubt I'll get to watch it tonight or anytime soon lol.

This boxer on Conan last week did an interview and he said he was on WWE and did a few things for them. And when he was "training" for it, they told him that he was definitely going to get smacked in the face, and he was SUPPOSED to punch the Big Show with a real punch. Not open fisted or anything. He said he really broke Big Shows nose.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM
15 Year Member

Yep, Floyd Mayweather

Here's another car... I felt it wasn't fair though, so it won't be the next WTF Kinda Car Is That. This one is just for giggles.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, September 26, 2011