Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, October 28th, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Smile

Hi `Josh & Welcome to the MCF `Blog
I really like Robotics & I think they are the future. What type are you building ? Do you have any pic's ? vid's ? (If so ? > please share)

Great to see you posting on the blog & we hope to see you & other member's checking in & saying hi + + +
Name:  doomed.gif
Views: 11
Size:  751.0 KB
Check out the below vid on "How to survive a Robot attack/rebellion"

2013 Game Info - Best Robotics Inc. - Boosting Engineering Science ...

www.bestinc.org/b_game_rules.php‎

Head-to-Head Competition 2013 Gatekeeper Game Specific Rule

Old 10-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Smile

Sea Lion Thief
Sad, but funny > Take a break & click below > EnJoy

Old 10-28-2013, 05:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Evening EV1!

Its been a very uneventful day...

Have a Great Day/Evening.

Tad:
Prayers and well wishes for your Mother , you and your family..

Hope today finds your Mother in better health.
God Bless.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Good morning everyone!

I'm now down to 1 ride for 6 months

I wish I had something like that for our "outdoor" vehicles... Very nice MIke!
How is it attached to the ground in case of high winds etc?

Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 PM

Hi `David,
It's been an eventful day > everyday is for `me...Sometimes, many times U just have to make it happen....I prefer happy eventful days over the bad ones 4-Sure....

You can just set you mind to have a very eventful & happy `eve

It looks like Chibi `Mikes tent garage is bolted to the payment in several locations with a tube type bar down the sides. I think it's a good way to keep a ride `if you don't have a garage. I will look forward to Mike's updates on how it hold up's... I know that car covers can be a pain, but a good one will save the paint & body...

Wish you & member's a super `eve > EnJoy

Attached Thumbnails Monday, October 28th, 2013-mike-tent.jpg  
Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Default Super Sport Nation

Hey ladies and gents with Facebook accounts, "Super Sport Nation" hosted Monte Carlo Monday today on their page, and there's only a few hours left for your submissions. Devin got his Monte featured, Josh VanSchepen shared a picture of a Monte Carlo limo, and I got my Monte featured too! Check out the link!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Name:  1391673_424537430980457_1239668713_n.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  93.5 KB

Old 10-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Post Of the U.S. automakers, General Motors (GM) fared best

Autos

Toyota's Camry, Still the Bestselling Car in America, Is No Longer the Most Reliable

By Kyle Stock October 28, 2013

The same day Toyota (7203:JP) appeared to cement its lead in the global car sales race, the Japanese giant lost a powerful endorsement. In its annual reliability ranking, Consumer Reports said it no longer recommends three of Toyota’s most popular vehicles: the Camry, the RAV4 SUV and the Prius V hybrid wagon. All three cars drew poor ratings in a new test by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
As a company, Toyota fared well. Its Lexus luxury line finished No. 1, and the Toyota brand was ranked second-most-reliable. That may not matter to car-buyers, who presumably care more about buying a safe, reliable car than about an automaker’s broader reputation. Longtime Toyota drivers may be surprised to learn that Consumer Reports will no longer recommend any version of the Camry, the top-selling car in the U.S. for the past 11 years.
“Maybe there was a time that you could say: ‘Well, if it’s a car from Subaru(9632:JP), it’s a car from Toyota, it’s going to be reliable,’” Jake Fisher, director of auto testing at Consumer Reports, told Bloomberg News. “No longer are we seeing that.” Subaru’s Forester, for example, was the top-rated vehicle, while its BRZ sports car scored relatively poorly. Overall, the company finished in the No. 10 spot.
STORY: Toyota, Rivals Sell Car Leasing to the Family Sedan Crowd
With 2013 rapidly coming to a close, Toyota’s global sales lead seems secure this year, and the Camry is still the top-selling car in America. Even so, with 8 million subscribers, Consumer Reports has long been a trusted source for would-be car buyers and its influence is considered on a par with recommendations from friends and family and test drives. It doesn’t sell advertising space to car companies and it insists on buying the vehicles it tests, rather than taking freebies. It even has its own car-testing track on the Connecticut coast.
“The institute has raised the bar again, and we are responding to the challenge,” Cindy Knight, a Toyota spokeswoman, said in an e-mail to Bloomberg. “We are looking at a range of solutions to achieve greater crash performance in this area.”
Of the U.S. automakers, General Motors (GM) fared best with a ninth-place ranking on the Consumer Reports list. Ford (F) drew poor scores for alleged glitches in its electronics systems. Chrysler finished below par as well.
VIDEO: What’s Toyota’s Secret Weapon to Boost Sales?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:14 PM

Name:  1391673_424537430980457_1239668713_n.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  93.5 KB

Hi Dub `Tyler,
Great picture of your Monte Carlo S.S.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Hey ladies and gents with Facebook accounts, "Super Sport Nation" hosted Monte Carlo Monday today on their page, and there's only a few hours left for your submissions. Devin got his Monte featured, Josh VanSchepen shared a picture of a Monte Carlo limo, and I got my Monte featured too! Check out the link!
And we're having our 2nd round of t-shirt sales for anyone interested! Designed by yours, truly!

Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
And we're having our 2nd round of t-shirt sales for anyone interested! Designed by yours, truly!
Josh, are you a part of SSN or something? I saw those stickers, those seem cool. I wouldn't mind a tee shirt either! Keep me posted when you have pics of them, I want to pick out a shirt first!!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, October 28th, 2013