Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, October 21, 2013 > Check In <

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

Good Morning 'Tadd,
Do you like working from home, or do you prefer to be @ the office.
I'm working from Space's warehouse apartment & I prefer to be at the Port & be at my condo

Thanks for your post in 'Amy's > Mustang Thread. I love that 'sub video & I could live 4-ever on a vessel like that 4>Sure...
Were you on a sub while in the Navy ?

It's great that you are prepared for the Cold & did not put'off what needed done. When do you put your Monte S.S. in2 storage ?

Wish U & member's a Great new day of life > EnJoy
Peace/Out Bum'Mike

Mike,

I was on board the USS Orion AS18 a submarine tender. I was a DK3 and did payroll for 12 submarines

Name:  AS-18_image_1007805_zpsb0b9be3b.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  44.5 KB

The Orion was built in 1942 and provided torpedoes to the Pacific fleet. Our torpedoes sank many Japanese military ships in WWII

Besides Payroll I was on the Nuclear weapons watch. We provided Nuclear torpedoes to the subs, We also provided medical care, foundry, dentist and many other things to the crew of the subs. Alas the Orion is no more she was scrapped back in 92

Yep love to work from home sorta semi retired (so to say)

Deuce will go into storage after the MCF Meet in Ann Arbor MI next week-end

Last edited by Tadcaster; 10-21-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Mr 'Tadd for your reply & thanks for your service to our country. Did you enjoy your time in the Navy ? If I enlisted (?), I would like to be in the NAVY & would like to try & be a Navy Seal (That would be a human challenge 4>Sure: )...I love the ocean, but don't like what people are doing to it....There's so much dumping of thrash etc that it saddens me...Thanks for your words & sharing + your picture of the Orion

-----------------------------------
Hi 'Devin, Good Luck @ the doc's > Hope U R feeling better...
Great pic of yours & Keane's Monte @ High Point

Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member

Mike,

Yes I did enjoy my time in the Navy Home ported in Charleston S.C.

I got to see Cuba (was there for over a month), Hattie (off shore), Bermuda, and the Bahamas

I was in a gale in the Bermuda triangle (Yes the ship did glow green one night)
Made a lot of good friends there too. Would I do it again? Aye I would in a heart beat

I got some neat sea pictures I'll post on veterans day

The picture you posted was when the Orion was in La Maddalena Italy. I could have gone over with her but took separation leave instead. This was near the end of my 4 year hitch

I considered the Seals but I was married at the time and they where only taking single volunteers back in the 70's

Last edited by Tadcaster; 10-21-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was great, went to a cousins wedding Saturday, which was a ton of fun. Spent a good portion of Sunday cleaning my garage and hanging some cabinets. Then did a little yard work. Good and productive weekend! Does it have to be Monday!? LOL

Old 10-21-2013, 09:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

Hi 'Devin, Good Luck @ the doc's > Hope U R feeling better...
Great pic of yours & Keane's Monte @ High Point
Thanks Mike!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was great, went to a cousins wedding Saturday, which was a ton of fun. Spent a good portion of Sunday cleaning my garage and hanging some cabinets. Then did a little yard work. Good and productive weekend! Does it have to be Monday!? LOL

Hi Mod Michael, I really believe that Monday is so much better then NoDay > 4> Sure (lol)
Sounds like U had a fun/productive weekend > I hope we also get a Tuesday + + + + >

============================================
Thanks `Tadd for your reply & sharing..I've been close to Cuba many times + the Bermuda Triangle area many times...When I've been out at sea in that area with space he always thinks he's gona `be beamed up to outer space > LOL
====================
You're Welcome 'Devin > Keep us updated > Good Luck

Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Hey Mike...you're right, I'll take Monday over no day at all for sure...but if I had my choice, Saturday could stay on repeat forever! LOL

Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

[QUOTE=SpaceRider;577543]
Thanks Mr 'Tadd for your reply & thanks for your service to our country. Did you enjoy your time in the Navy ? If I enlisted (?), I would like to be in the NAVY & would like to try & be a Navy Seal (That would be a human challenge 4>Sure: )...I love the ocean, but don't like what people are doing to it....There's so much dumping of thrash etc that it saddens me...Thanks for your words & sharing + your picture of the Orion

Good Morning Spaceport and All of MCF!
Wow, that pic is a Blast from the past for me. During my first 6 years in the Navy, I was station on The USS Shenandoah, AD 44. She was a Distroyer Tender quite similar to the Sub Tender pictured. Although I enjoyed all my 10 years in the Navy, my fondest memories are from my time at sea. I've seen So many places I would not have had I not been on that ship. EGYPT, ISRAEL, GREECE and TURKEY just to name a few. I've stood in front of the Great Piramids and on Mt. Vasuvious. It was Great. And all on a ship like AS 18. I will always have those memories, and always feel Proud to have served! Thanks for the pic! And for The resurfacing of Great memories!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member

Hey JC good to see another old salt here at MCF sounds like you enjoyed your time in also.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, October 21, 2013 > Check In <