Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, November 26th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all

Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi folks!

And Happy Anniversary Jerry!

I'm kinda sad today. Yesterday I buried my pet iguana of 17 years, Bonnie. Her brother, Clyde, died 3 years ago. She was about 20 years old - the same age I was when got her (I was not her first keeper)

My wife is unsympathetic because she didn't much care for the lizards. Lizards aren't really very compassionate, thats for sure. But then, neither is my wife (who hates all pets). No point in mincing words - Clyde was my favorite of the 2 lizards and I lost a lot of interest in keeping lizards after he died. But I still feel a hole in myself now that she is gone. I've been the lizard guy for nearly 20 years. Bonnie outlasted 2 "marriages". She was probably the oldest thing I owned.

It was also the saddest death I've ever known. She didn't just die like her brother. She was on her back more or less motionless for 2 days. The only time she'd move was when I tried to move her. She'd barely open her eyes and flail a bit. She wouldn't upright herself or eat. And when I "boxed her" to bury her I was filled with doubt about whether she had expired yet and what I was supposed to do.

I smashed her terrarium (a 6' x 3' floor-to-ceiling plexiglass and wood contraption I'd built myself) to pieces and loaded it with her in a cardboard box into my Bronco. Then I unceremoniously tossed it all, her included, into the dumpster at work. Not the end I'd wished for. I loved her.

R.I.P.
Bonnie Nichol
1992 - 2012

Last edited by JuniorCar; 11-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Did my cubicle decorations for the holidays

Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Happy Anniversary, Jerry and Judy!.....
Time flys when your haven fun!
I think you both look great in Both pics...!!!!
Your a lucky man for sure! and shes a lucky women!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 PM

Happy Anniversary `Jerry,
Congratulations on 30 years of marriage...That's great in todays world & I enjoyed seeing your pictures of your special days.
Wish you & your wife another 30 happy years 2gether
=======================================
Hi `Brent, I'm really sorry to read about your loss I don't care what type of creatures that you love & I love many...It hurts when they depart your life to another space. Hopefully there is a nicer place to go when our bodies fade away & stop working...I believe there is another place & hopefully we will be reunited when we follow. Death to me is just another reminder to live & extract the most from our human life & also a reminder to love the ones in our life, for they to shall also depart from our human life someday.
Keep your love for those you love in your mind & heart & their spirit will be with you forever or until you meet again...I hope, I pray...`Amen.
============================================
Hi Mod `Mike,
Thanks for sharing your festive holiday office decorations. Your post indicate that you work for a fun company...Looks `great

Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

evening all, happy anniersary jerry. School and work tonight, hoping i dont drive all the way own there just to sit on the computer again.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Hi folks!

And Happy Anniversary Jerry!

I'm kinda sad today. Yesterday I buried my pet iguana of 17 years, Bonnie. Her brother, Clyde, died 3 years ago. She was about 20 years old - the same age I was when got her (I was not her first keeper)

My wife is unsympathetic because she didn't much care for the lizards. Lizards aren't really very compassionate, thats for sure. But then, neither is my wife (who hates all pets). No point in mincing words - Clyde was my favorite of the 2 lizards and I lost a lot of interest in keeping lizards after he died. But I still feel a hole in myself now that she is gone. I've been the lizard guy for nearly 20 years. Bonnie outlasted 2 "marriages". She was probably the oldest thing I owned.

It was also the saddest death I've ever known. She didn't just die like her brother. She was on her back more or less motionless for 2 days. The only time she'd move was when I tried to move her. She'd barely open her eyes and flail a bit. She wouldn't upright herself or eat. And when I "boxed her" to bury her I was filled with doubt about whether she had expired yet and what I was supposed to do.

I smashed her terrarium (a 6' x 3' floor-to-ceiling plexiglass and wood contraption I'd built myself) to pieces and loaded it with her in a cardboard box into my Bronco. Then I unceremoniously tossed it all, her included, into the dumpster at work. Not the end I'd wished for. I loved her.

R.I.P.
Bonnie Nichol
1992 - 2012
Sorry about your pet brent forsure...
I never had an "Exotic" pet like you. But, I do have 2 dogs and a cat...
According to my vet...Zeus (my 13 yr old lab) is 91 in dog years...and he has his issues forsure..They dont know how or why hes lived this long...
Of course im totally worried about him daily with all his fatty bumps etc..as they are huge for him to be carrying around and theres no rhyme or reason why he has them. I know its going to be extremely tough when he passes...and it will definately be the death of me and a huge gap in my heart for him...
So I completely understand...I truly am sorry, as we all know loseing a pet is loseing a member of the family..

As you can see his fatty bumps are huge!
Theres the 1 that looks like his belly(thats a fatty bump thats a size of a football) and the other on his hind hip...(the size of a baseball)

Attached Thumbnails Monday, November 26th 2012-wp_000131.jpg  

Last edited by STUMPMI; 11-26-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Happy Anniversary, Jerry and Judy!.....
Time flys when your haven fun!
I think you both look great in Both pics...!!!!
Your a lucky man for sure! and shes a lucky women!
Thank's David ,I know Iam lucky to find a nice women to put up with me..
Originally Posted by Space
Happy Anniversary `Jerry,
Congratulations on 30 years of marriage...That's great in todays world & I enjoyed seeing your pictures of your special days.
Wish you & your wife another 30 happy years 2gether
Thank's Space..

Happy Anniversary Jerry!
Thank's Brent sorry to hear about Bonnie..

Last edited by zjerry; 11-26-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
...Zeus (my 13 yr old lab) is 91 in dog years...and he has his issues forsure..They dont know how or why hes lived this long...
Of course im totally worried about him daily with all his fatty bumps etc..as they are huge for him to be carrying around and theres no rhyme or reason why he has them.
As you can see his fatty bumps are huge!
Theres the 1 that looks like his belly(thats a fatty bump thats a size of a football) and the other on his hind hip...(the size of a baseball)
As long as he isn't feeling any pain - that's the main thing. His fatty bumps probably bug you more then him. Animals live well without ego and usually have a good drive to live right up until the end. That's why it can be so hard to pull the plug on them - they always seem to want to live

Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 PM

5 Year Member

As long as he isn't feeling any pain - that's the main thing. His fatty bumps probably bug you more then him. Animals live well without ego and usually have a good drive to live right up until the end. That's why it can be so hard to pull the plug on them - they always seem to want to live
I am truly sorry about Bonnie brent, If theres anything you need you can count on me!

Actually the bumps definately affect his mobility and they are very sensative to him...He does wince once in a while....I do have some pain meds for him..That I give to him spareingly....when needed...

But thanks for your kind words and understanding.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, November 26th 2012