Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, May 16, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 AM

..Good Monday morning Mod `Mike,
Great 2 read that you had a relaxing weekend. How's the honeyMoon ? Wish you a fast work week & more future
relaxing/fun weekEnds : )
============================================
Sucessful Blast `Off of Endeavor Space Shuttle in2 orbit..
It's now traveling over 5500 MPH towards the SpaceStation.
It was overcast & a cloudy launch, but I enjoyed watching the last mission of the Endeavor...Yes, Human's in SpaceCountry
Top Stories:Monday,May 16, 2011More News »

Endeavour Launches For Final Time

Endeavour lifts off successfully on the next-to-last flight of the space shuttle era. More

LIVE VIDEO: Launch | Local 6
VIDEO: Mission | Preps

Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone.

Space, I saw the launch this morning. Sign of the times: Coverage of the launch was only a few minutes. And because it happened near the top of the hour (9:00am eastern time), the major networks cut away to regular programming about 10 seconds after blast off. Have our attention spans really become that short? Or do we just not care about space travel anymore?

Is it that we are more concerned with our day to day lives? Space travel used to offer hope for the future; looking forward towards bigger and better things. I fear that we have come to the thinking that we've "been there, done that".

Do most people see the space program as a big waste of tax payer money? Would most people be happier if the space program was scrapped completely?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM

Good Morning `Lou,
I believe the Space Program is important, but the cost is super high to maintain & develop. I hope/pray that the private industry stays involved in the program. Many are suffering on the Spacecoast with the cancelling of the Space Program...There's no `jobs here, but there's not many jobs in the USA : ( They went overseas,
and we snoozed & we lost 4-Sure.

The USA has major financial problems, and so does our World. I think we should concentrate on the many issues
here on `Earth, before we continue to explore `Space & Beyond. To me it's very sad , but our Nation & World
has to get their act 2gether on important issues. There's to many to list on this post

Our involvement in wars are not just costing us Trillions of Dollars, but many life's of those that protect all of us.
I believe we should take care of our home first, before we go to others and deal with their problems. I think wars should only be fought by the United Nations, and not just a few countries...If it's right for one country to fight & protect, it should be right for all countries that believe in freedon to participate 4-Real...Who is making money on War...There's many

I don't have the answers, and I hope our present or future leaders can resolve the multidude of problems that everyone is facing...."Lead, Follow or get out of the way"

Let us pray 4-Sure..
& divided we Fall
We have to wake `up & stand `up, or our tomorrow's are going to be worse then our today's 4-Sure.

Last edited by Space; 05-16-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

HI

Old 05-16-2011, 10:19 AM

Morning all...
sorry id didn't check in all weekend, but I had a pretty eventful weekend.

I woke up saturday morning at 545 after being up all night friday night to my mom being stranded on the siide of. The interstate 2 hours away. She was going to visit my brother in kentucky and her transmission (or hoping torque converter) gave out leaving her sitting on the exit ramp of exit 71
I got my, mechanics truck and drove out there to upton kentucky and hauled the car back on a car dolly at 50mph for 150 miles.

Then I stayed at her house all night and woke up sunday and went to the pull apart, got a new shift ****, and a grand am ram air intake for my friend's car and installed it, then went to my sisters and wired up a stereo outside their house by their pool, then went home and passed out

Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 AM

Good Morning all. Time to do some homework for class tomorrow.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:32 AM

Hi `Dustin,
You sure have encountered many problems lately, but I was glad to read that you were able to help your mother & so many others in your life...It says a lot about your character & who you are 4-Sure...I hope everything works out for your Mom & her car....& I hope you got a good rest and some good days ahead....Good Luck
===========================================
Hi Teacher`Todd,
Get that homework done, and then take a break & enjoy your day/Life... & think about helping homeschooler's 4 $'s ?
It could be great extra $'s

Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon friends. Lunch at work today. Drove the Monte in today (don't usally) but today was nice for a change. B.room Painting is done! Yea! hope to get to detailing Wifey's Monte this week-end coming up. You all have a good Monday (Is there such a thing?)

Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 AM

[quote]
Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Afternoon friends. Lunch at work today. Drove the Monte in today (don't usally) but today was nice for a change. B.room Painting is done! Yea! hope to get to detailing Wifey's Monte this week-end coming up. You all have a good Monday (Is there such a thing?)
Hi `Tad,
Everyday I am given, I am thankful, but somedays are better
then other's 4-Sure....Check out the below link (vid)
Warning: Contains some brief nudity ..Oh `No

Good Monday Morning.wmv

Click above
Hope your day is better than these two.
I've had a few days like this in my life...
Ok, I've had many : )

Last edited by Space; 05-16-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:49 PM

You are right that tutoring home schoolers could be a good money maker, but unfortunately the three different people I know could not make any money doing it in our small town. We have horrible unemployment rates and no one has the extra money. The churches locally went together to create tutoring for free and that is where the kids go. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, May 16, 2011