Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, June 2, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 10:50 AM
1 Year Member

Well, a bit of news, he's home and resting now, Ima go check out his truck now that it's daylight.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all.
John - I hope your friend is ok and doesn't have any hidden injuries.

I started my day taking my daughter to the ER. She tripped and messed her knee up. Fractured it and 2 broken off pieces floating. Just waiting for surgery to be scheduled.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' folks! It's noon actually...

Happy Birthday Devin! Let us know if you get anything good!

That crash looks crazy John. Thanks for sharing the pic.

In spite how filthy your Monte Carlo is Keane, when I switched my MCF calendar to June, I was inspired by your awesome photo to get out and get some more shots of my car. The chicks in the house were too lazy to get out this morning and the sky was overcast like I prefer.

This one has some calendar potential:
Name:  IMG_0533.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  137.6 KB
Taken in St.Thomas, Ontario 6/2/2014Name:  IMG_0503.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  148.6 KB

It was funny when I was shooting. A guy rolls up on a bicycle and produces a camera (no cell phone) from a backpack and he starts taking pics. Then a lady come out of a house across the street from this bridge with her camera and starts taking pics too. I hope I got the best shot!

Around the corner from this bridge is a monument to Jumbo, so I got that shot too.

From Wikipedia:
Jumbo (1861 – September 15, 1885), also known as Jumbo the Elephant and Jumbo the Circus Elephant, was a 19th-century male African Bush Elephant born in the French Sudan. Jumbo was eventually exported to a zoo in Paris, France; and then transferred in 1865 to London Zoo in England. Jumbo was sold to P. T. Barnum, who took him to America for exhibition in March 1882.

Jumbo died at a railway classification yard in Canada at St. Thomas, Ontario, where he was hit and fatally wounded by a locomotive. A life-size statue of the elephant was erected in 1985 in St. Thomas to commemorate the centennial of the elephant's death. It is located on Talbot Street on the west side of the city.

Name:  IMG_0541.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  112.4 KB

Last edited by JuniorCar; 06-02-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Brent, I've been to that monument years ago. I was amazed at how huge Jumbo was. Nice pics by the way!

John, hope your friend turns out okay. It's no fun being sick or injured. And all the BS that goes along with it just adds to it.

Mike, sorry to hear about the ER man.

On a lighter note. I'm finally getting my Monte back tomorrow from the collision place. One major job down. Now to deal with the Passlock issue. This could be a huge pain in the a$$. The passlock system is leaving me stuck unable to start the car at random. So I don't trust driving the Monte around much until it's fixed. Problem is this...

Recalls.

GM has so many cars on recall for the same thing. Recalled car owners are being told it could take months before their car is fixed due to part availability. If I get stuck in line with all of them, I could be in for a long wait to get the Monte's passlock system fixed.

Oh joy.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mondays are miserable! need Tuesday to get here!!

Old 06-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Evening Guys.

On break now. All those recalls make me really nervous about buying a newer GM truck to replace my Burb with.

To be fair though, Nissan has been high on my list from the beginning, and if I find a good deal, I'd consider an Infiniti QX56 (Infiniti version of the Armada). They're all just hard to find here.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Thanks Brent! and sweet pics!

Old 06-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Found out around dinner time. My car insurance company is shafting me out of my deductible. Because I decided not to renew with them. Apparantly I was supposed to let them continue charging me double the premium that other companies are charging.

Officially, the insurance company says that the other driver's husband's story about my car hitting her car SIDEWAYS is more believable. Yeah, because my Monte has that ultra rare SIDEWAYS STEERING option only available on my car. Even the police report sides with me. The husband wasn't even there at the time.

But because I decided not to renew my policy with them, I'm getting a $500 shafting as a going away present.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good evening everyone

Devin - Happy Birthday and again congrats on your win

John - Sorry to hear about your friend, glad he is ok

Brent - Nice pics, and I have also been to that monument, but it was a while ago lol

Keane - had to start my day with washing my car too too many birds decided to use mine as a landing spot for their feces

Taz - Glad to hear you are getting your car back, you will have to elaborate more on your ultra rare one of option of sideways steering some people's children lol

Mike - I hope your daughter is ok with her knee, that is not a good thing to have happen

Everyone else I hope your day was as good as it can be, and that everyone has a better tomorrow

Old 06-02-2014, 08:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good evening all. Sucks about the deductible Lou. I was lucky to get my deductible back when that stupid guy hit my 05 SS in a parking lot.
Happy B-Day Devin!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, June 2, 2014