Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, January 6, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1..
Lou(Taz)
Thanks for starting the daily blog!

Not much snow here down river... Maybe 4 or 5 inches overnight... Nothing to brag about.. Sounds like everyone else got a chit load...

All total I would say we maybe have 8 to 10 on the ground... I'm fortunate though... This has been a good time for me..I don't have to do any shoveling etc... My neighbors have that covered... The girl next door has a nice big one with a steel auger and 5 hp motor on it along with its self propelled. (Forward and Reverse)

3 doors down my neighbor Bud I can count on every year he just does it automatically... He is like I use to be.... I use to enjoy shoveling snow and takeing care of the lawn during the summer months... He's a good man.

Thanks Bud and Jennifer!

Lizzy and I are going to venture out and go down to the corner coney island for breakfast..

Devin:
Great Pic of that funnel cloud over lake Michigan...

Mike (Chibi)
Hope you feel better soon..colds/flu is no fun anytime you get one..But its especially worse IMO to be sick during the winter Months...
Feel better soon Mike!

Have a Great Snowy Day Ev1 !!! Be safe out there!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Good morning everyone, I'm not feeling well at all. Had a pretty bad weekend, and had to go into work because I need to get a lot done. Im' hoping that I can work from home tomorrow.
We are getting cold cold temps, the coldest we have had in 20 years

Hi Admin 'Mike, Sorry 2 read that U aren't feeling well + have to work
Wish U a feel all better > Take good care of yourself. I hope U haven't caught the latest flu 'bug > Many in Florida are getting it : (..

Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Washtenaw County Sheriff is urging people to avoid the country roads out here because of 3-4 foot drifts across them.

Some more Michigan snow reports coming in

Detroit 10.6"
E. Grand Rapids 8.5"
Eaton Rapids 15.0"
Flint 17.1"
Grand Ledge 14.4"
Haslett 18.0"
Hastings 12.2"
Kalamazoo 11.8"
Mason 14.4"
Paw Paw 13.0"
White Lake 14.6"

Reports of 50 MPH winds coming off of Lake Michigan this morning.

Temperature of -54 °F recorded at 7:30 AM this morning in Gogebic Co. in the Upper Peninsula.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-06-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
^ Hi 'Devin, That's a beautiful Big SNAKE (WoW)...I'm not in2 big snakes & the islands I'm going to has many according to one of the faxes I got from 'Space

Below is the size I think I could handle (LOL)...I'd be afraid of the one U have

. discovered on the Caribbean island of Barbados, 2 years ago

Below is
The ferde-lance is the most feared snake in the islands….maybe in the world.

www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/75128/fer-de-lance‎ <Click 4 more 'infor

Any of several extremely venomous snakes of the viper family (Viperidae) found in diverse habitats from cultivated lands to forests throughout tropical America ..
================================================== =============
**> 'Devin, would U want one of the above ? > I don't, but I may ship U one 'if Space catches it (LOL)

LOL it would be awesome to be on that island and go snake looking should bring a snake hook with you! Haha
I will not own a "hot" or Venomous snake because I noticed most people who do are missing fingers from when they got bit
Good luck on the island!

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 01-06-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't thnk it is the flu bug that has been going around, luckly..

Just feeling miserable haha

Old 01-06-2014, 08:34 AM

-26 this morning in mm. Monte fired right up. Schools here are all closed due to the extreme cold temps. So I have an unexpected day off to hang with my son ( inside). Even the dogs don't last more than a minute out there have had to carry them in today.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Smile >Be the driver of your Life > 2014>EnJoy<

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
LOL it would be awesome to be on that island and go snake looking should bring a snake hook with you! Haha
I will not own a "hot" or Venomous snake because I noticed most people who do are missing fingers from when they got bit
Good luck on the island!

LoL 'Devin, > I'll be look'in 4>sure, but not to capture them, but 2 run away as fast as I can (LOL)
I do think many snakes are beautiful, but they all seem sneaky (LOL) & I don't want any of them crawling in2 my sleep'in bag (Or Spider's)...
Thanks 4 your post & sharing > I always enjoy your posts. I'm gona miss being able to get online, but we are going to be really busy getting things set 'up...

Wish you & all a safe & happy journey of 'life. > EnJoy
Peace/Out > Bum 'Mike

Old 01-06-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by DaNfRoMSt.PaUl
-26 this morning in mm. Monte fired right up. Schools here are all closed due to the extreme cold temps. So I have an unexpected day off to hang with my son ( inside). Even the dogs don't last more than a minute out there have had to carry them in today.

Hi Dan, great to see you posting on the 'Blog. I hope that you have strong anti-freeze in your Monte. Wish you a warm inside day with family.
Be Safe..
* > I get a chill on every weather post I've read this morning (LOL) I don't think I could endure your weather...I freeze when it get's in2 the 60's (LOL)

Old 01-06-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

Hi Dan, great to see you posting on the 'Blog. I hope that you have strong anti-freeze in your Monte. Wish you a warm inside day with family.
Be Safe..
* > I get a chill on every weather post I've read this morning (LOL) I don't think I could endure your weather...I freeze when it get's in2 the 60's (LOL)

Haha. I can only dream of the sixties. I think I'm going to grill and have some beers on the deck this weekend when it gets up to thirty. LOL It looks like Florida is going to get some "cold" weather in a couple days. I can mail you a jacket if you need one.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Fun fact: Flint had their #3 heaviest snowfall and Detroit it's #24 heaviest snowfall.

More Michigan snow reports coming in

Ann Arbor 10.4”
Birch Run 11.0”
Clarkston 15.3”
Corunna 16.0”
Farmington Hills 13.2”
Flushing 14.5”
Lake Orion 12.9”
Midland 5.5”
Morenci 12.0”
Port Huron 10.6”
Saginaw 8.4”