Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, January 30, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 PM

I'm thinking it's the same design Gregg, but it's OLD. I'm guessing it's from the '70s at least. I did some research and some of them actually have a schrader valve to increase/decrease pressure. This one doesn't have one anywhere.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening everyone!

Was a cold winter day here. Got some snow that turned to ice yesterday afternoon. Driving to work last night, I felt like I was driving the zamboni on a hockey rink. Even with the snow tires.

Kerry, sorry to hear about the problem man.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
I'm scared cuz I don't know what to doooo. lol What did you have to do to put your highs in? I thought the bulbs would just slip right into the spots and act like the ones I have now? I am so confused now.
I had to run new wires to a new switch to bypass the drls, drls get really screwy with hids but u have a 01 so u might be able to do the relay trick

Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich
I'm thinking it's the same design Gregg, but it's OLD. I'm guessing it's from the '70s at least. I did some research and some of them actually have a schrader valve to increase/decrease pressure. This one doesn't have one anywhere.
Mine has a schrader valve on the top of it. I think replacing it would be fairly straight forward repiping and then pressurizing it. I'm not sure what the pressure should be but I'm thinking about 40 to 60 psi.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

I had a very nice and slow ride home tonight

Last edited by Jon; 01-30-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
Oh goodness, Me and the Monte got attacked by a swarm (3) Mustangs coming home on the highway. At first i wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of the win but the Monte wanted to defend itself. Not knowing what exactly was going up against i took on the challenge. Now i can say that i had no problem against one since it was the V6 model and i had it by a some, But once i heard the supercharger of what i found out after was the Gt500, i knew i was toast. But at least i was 3rd and not 4th.
Jon are you aware that Florida is a vehicle forfeiture state if the cops suspect street racing? There was a thread yesterday that Taz locked out because the subject got very heated. I was partly to blame. Rather than going thru the same subject again I encourage you to read it and know that I don't endorse street racing.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Kerry our issue is actually a multitude of problems all piled into one big issue. The flame on the furnace was sputtering, the cause was a clogged fuel line at the tank. The cause of the clog was the furnace was drawing junk from the bottom of the tank because it was empty. The reason it was empty is because all 200 gallons from out recent fill had leaked out through the fuel line. So now we have to get a whole new tank and fuel lines. Also found out that the fill line is bigger than the vent tube, so when they fill the tank they're actually pressurizing the tank. Tommorow will be a long day, gonna be a cold night. 61 in my room

Old 01-30-2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Kerry our issue is actually a multitude of problems all piled into one big issue. The flame on the furnace was sputtering, the cause was a clogged fuel line at the tank. The cause of the clog was the furnace was drawing junk from the bottom of the tank because it was empty. The reason it was empty is because all 200 gallons from out recent fill had leaked out through the fuel line. So now we have to get a whole new tank and fuel lines. Also found out that the fill line is bigger than the vent tube, so when they fill the tank they're actually pressurizing the tank. Tommorow will be a long day, gonna be a cold night. 61 in my room
The company that supplies your oil may replace your oil tank and the lines for a minimal charge. The oil spill on the other hand may be a huge deal. The state may require a hazmat team to clean up and recover the oil. Keep us posted please.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Jon are you aware that Florida is a vehicle forfeiture state if the cops suspect street racing? There was a thread yesterday that Taz locked out because the subject got very heated. I was partly to blame. Rather than going thru the same subject again I encourage you to read it and know that I don't endorse street racing.
I recall that being a big issue last time i was on here and a very active and respectable member got alot of heat over it.

I dont agree with street racing either and it's not like im going out looking for trouble like a few kids i know. And im actually part of a car club thats all about taking it to the track. And if i do let my fast and furious side take over, i have not once done double the speed limit which places you in jail here.

I know im wrong so we dont have to continue on this at all.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
I recall that being a big issue last time i was on here and a very active and respectable member got alot of heat over it.

I dont agree with street racing either and it's not like im going out looking for trouble like a few kids i know. And im actually part of a car club thats all about taking it to the track. And if i do let my fast and furious side take over, i have not once done double the speed limit which places you in jail here.

I know im wrong so we dont have to continue on this at all.
Jon that is a very mature answer and I respect that. Thank you. Gregg.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, January 30, 2012