Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, January 28th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mel:
Happy Bday to your son!

Age 11 was the first time my dad let me drive the car by myself!
He taught me at age 10 LOL...

1 More thing:
By a show of hands...
How many people here has ever had a Buffalo Burger(meat)?
Thats what we had for lunch at Cabellas yesterday...
It was friggn deliscious!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM

Hi`David, thanks for your reply. It's sad that we are living in a world that requires us to carry a weapon to protect ourselves from the bad. I wish we could just put all the bad away or re-educate them...

I have my CCW license & have a 9mm Luger that my grandfather gave me. When I worked at a former warehouse in a bad area I would carry it, but I wish that I did not have to. I dread thinking of shooting another human, but `if my life or someone I love was in danger I would. I just find it very sad.

I wish we could settle our problems in a boxing ring instead.
I hope you or others get proper training b-4 you carry or keep weapons in your home.

I pray/wish that we all could live in peace & happiness.
====================================
Thanks `Mel for your reply & your son if a very fortunate young man to have a father like you 4-Sure...I hope you teach Jean Michel to clean & detail (I was doing it @ his age) & really enjoyed those times with my grandfather...He always keeps/kept his rides clean...Wish you happy times 2gether.

Would you consider adopting me & giving me your S.S. when I turn 25

Wish you & member's a super afternoon/sunshine & happy times...Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 01-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh I will Space and my wife has claimed the SS..
And no Buffalo Burger.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi`David, thanks for your reply. It's sad that we are living in a world that requires us to carry a weapon to protect ourselves from the bad. I wish we could just put all the bad away or re-educate them...

I have my CCW license & have a 9mm Luger that my grandfather gave me. When I worked at a former warehouse in a bad area I would carry it, but I wish that I did not have to. I dread thinking of shooting another human, but `if my life or someone I love was in danger I would. I just find it very sad.

I wish we could settle our problems in a boxing ring instead.
I hope you or others get proper training b-4 you carry or keep weapons in your home.

I pray/wish that we all could live in peace & happiness.
====================================
Thanks `Mel for your reply & your son if a very fortunate young man to have a father like you 4-Sure...I hope you teach Jean Michel to clean & detail (I was doing it @ his age) & really enjoyed those times with my grandfather...He always keeps/kept his rides clean...Wish you happy times 2gether.

Would you consider adopting me & giving me your S.S. when I turn 25

Wish you & member's a super afternoon/sunshine & happy times...Peace/Out from `Space
Me personally I am all to familiar with the hazards that come with owning carrying a weapon...(lived in the murder capital for a long time) So it was no biggie for me...
Since the Mrs still work downtown detroit..I want her to have the security of knowing..(god forbid) If something should be going on...since im at home...That she has a way to protect herself from societys deviants!
Especially being downtown Detroit everyday.
I also have a CCp. and have had one for over 20yrs....I have a Smith and Wesson 9mm with an extended (10 shot) magazine...
Like you said its to bad times are like there are...

Last edited by Space; 01-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Lunch time for me..
No buffalo here either. Doubtful there ever will be.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

No buffalo buger yet, but when i go to wyoming this weeked there some places that serve buffalo meat.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good evening all

Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 PM

5 Year Member

Wow Im shocked none has had or tried buffalo burgers..(meat)

Only in Michigan I guess ...lol
Anyone have a Cabellas near by? They have a restaurant there and is on there regular menu..
Ended up going to PD to findout about a purchase permit. They said tuesdays and thursday only.(its Monday) So, we headed to TopGunanyway just checkout some firearms as well as possibly shoot off a few rounds...

Turns out:
TopGun is a 5 star range! Which means they are able to get you a purchase permit !.. Instead of going to PD for it...They changed the law in mid december as far as purchase permits are concerned and allocate now. certain 5 star rated gun ranges to do it for you right then and there...So we did!

We ended up getting a Hammerless 38 +P by Smith and Wesson..Perfect for her to use as a carry weapon. In a cpl weeks they have a CCP class on saturdays thats a 1 day class from 7am til 9pm...for $105.00.
She also gets 3 months free range time..Monday thru Sunday...

So she bought a box of plinks and tried it out right there...I must say she had some really good groupings...for a first time owner..(I have taken her shooting at the range before .... So, she very familiar with the handleing rules etc..Of use of a firearm..
This evening I coached her on the disassembly and cleaning and oiling of it..Since she went thru 50 rounds with it at the range...
She also purchased Some 38 cal Hollow Point rounds to use as protection rounds for at home etc...
Thats about it for this evening.
Have a Great Evening EV1!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Evening all. We had a ton of snow here today followed by rain and a warm up. The roads are fairly clear now but it's all really slushy.

David I'm not sure if I ever had buffalo but I think I have. My wifes uncle had a bunch of different wild game that he brought back with him from out west. I tried a bunch of different things but I dont remember what they all were.

Space I used your moon picture as my new background on my phone and computer. I also saved some of the beach pics for a later time.