Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday January 23rd, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Monday January 23rd, 2012

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's `Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, post what is happening in your life/family, your hobbie's, cars, etc.
Make a post & become a part of the
MonteCarloFamily

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect - Get Respect
4-Sure
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link
-> Please Read - Thank You! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^

January 2012
Monte of the Month Winner

Member: 2001 Monte Carlo S.S.- from the Great State of Michigan
Congratulations Ashley `Marie

~ The MCF Winners Gallery ~ - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Created & ReCreated by Administrator `Taz (Lou)
Click above link to view all our SuperSuper MCF Winner's

Please Welcome our new member's to the MCF & our `Blog, thank you!
ToDay's `Blog started by Teacher `Todd

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3142922
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

<!-- / message -->

Last edited by Space; 01-23-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Thanks `Todd
Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 PM

Thank you Teacher Todd for putting up our blog again.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 AM

I hope all the members have a good safe morning. I will check in again in the morning. Good night everyone.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone. Doesn't seem like we got the forecasted ice thankfully. Currently 30 out and well dark lol... Supposted to be rainy today though. I have good ol school this morning and then work tonight. Have a good day everyone.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Smile Thanks Teacher `Todd 4 starting our `Day, our `Blog : )

Hi EveryOne,
Wish you a SuperSuper Day

How to read this mapSevere Weather Outlook <!-- weeklyplannermaplink -->National Forecast

^^^^^^^^^^^41 + years old & still looks `new^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Space; 01-23-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 AM

Mornin guys. Home from work. I had to train one of the new temps. First Joey (our team leader) asked if I was up for training someone and I said ok, told him that he knows I'll do what's needed. Then Curtis (the first level supervisor above Joey) gave me his vote of confidence as well and so I trained a brand new guy. Apparently I did a good job cause by the end of the week I'll probably just be watching him. He's pickin things up quick. He made a comment at the end of the shift about how me being as patient as I was was a big help to him. Pretty cool guy. Looks to be in his mid 40s (Didn't think to ask his exact age but we chatted about a lot in general), single dad of teenagers. Learns quick too. Guess that's where my experience as a military instructor really came into play. He also mentioned to Curtis about how good of a trainer I was. Then when I talked to Curtis he told me he knew I'd excel in that role. He was impressed with how quickly the guy is picking things up and tried to give me the credit.

Storms rolled through and the worst of it went to the north of us. I was amused though when they had us take shelter over a severe thunderstorm warning. There was some small scale rotation within that storm but not enough to prompt a tornado warning. Brooke was up as I suspected. When the worst was finally past us, she sent me a text to let me know that she was going to bed. I kept my ham radio on until they started to shut the ARES net down and then flipped it off. Some of the guys gave me some crap about having the radio but it's all good. We all find something to give each other crap about. Curtis's Boss (who also likes me a lot) liked that I had it though and asked on a few occasions what the spotters were saying.

I also led stretches before work and, as you can imagine, sounded just like a drill sgt when I was counting off everything. They give me crap about that but they're just jealous that they can't echo when they're doing it haha. At least that's what I told Luke (also prior service) when he told me not to let them get me. Literally I'm sure you could have heard me anywhere in the factory. I was echoing off the walls. Now THAT is a command voice! It's all in good fun though. The work isn't ideal, but the guys I work with are pretty cool so that helps break up the monotony.

Well, I'm gonna browse a little bit as I unwind. Might have a bowl of cereal before I go to bed. Because we've been running out of trim so quickly, we're going to start at 830 tomorrow night and possibly the rest of the week. Means I can make it to church on Wednesday night, at least for a little bit. Also means I may get to talk to Brook for a little bit before work if she gets the kiddos to bed at 8 like she usually does.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' all. It's back to the normal routine today since all the snow is gone and the roads are clear. Right now the temp is sitting at 36° with 86% humidity. The high today is supposed to be around 46°. For some reason my coffee tastes especially good this morning...think I'll go pour another cup. Hope everyone makes a good one of it today.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 AM

Sounds like things are going fairly well at work for you, that's good to hear.
I hope things go well at my next job too.
Not much planned today, I should see if I can get my dad's Monte inspected (yearly state safety inspection on it runs out 1/31/12). This afternoon I have to go with my wife to meet my mom-in-law at the podiatrist. They're doing some kind of procedure where they don't want her to drive, so I get to drive her Trailblazer home.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 AM

Yeah it's going well at work. Alright, I've had my snack. I'm done browsing. So I'm off to bed. I'll holler at y'all later.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning again everyone. Finally at school. Lots of traffic this morning. But i think i saw the ugliest car this morning. A suzuki x90, Im on my phone so i can't post a picture. If someone else could post one that'd be great. But it is ugly lol.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday January 23rd, 2012