Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, 8/25/2014 - Check In - Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning Y'all. It is a mild and sunny day here in VA. I hope everybody in the Bay area is getting back to normal after the quakes. Be careful out there!

Old 08-25-2014, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Thanks 4 check'in IN

Good Morning Tommy & Family,
Thanks for checking in with your Monte Carlo Family
I just checked your area on Google & it's a beautiful area of the country that you reside.

I love small towns verses large cities like Orlando, Miami etc.
Do you like your area of the country ?

Wish you & member's a Super Monday ......`Life

Old 08-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Good mornin' all. It looks like we have a few more 80°+ days heading our way. It's been a relatively dry Summer this year with temps in the 80s and 90s being a large portion of that. Predictions say it will be a shorter, warmer Winter for us as well. Who says it's always raining in Seattle? Do me a favor - keep right on telling people that. We're getting too many transplants as it is...

Old 08-25-2014, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Morning all and I'm sorry that you have to go through this Tadd. I had to do this also. I will be praying for her and you Tadd. Have a good day all.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Good morning everyone and happy Monday. I am in my second class of the day since school just started. So far so good but it is still early. Hahaha.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Talking Everyone >Please move to Seattle >LOL<

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Good mornin' all. It looks like we have a few more 80°+ days heading our way. It's been a relatively dry Summer this year with temps in the 80s and 90s being a large portion of that. Predictions say it will be a shorter, warmer Winter for us as well. Who says it's always raining in Seattle? Do me a favor - keep right on telling people that. We're getting too many transplants as it is...

Hi `Mike,
HEY EVERYONE, it's always raining in Seattle > LOL >
1. It’s Always Raining in Seattle

The Emerald City in the Evergreen State is famed for its coffee — and for its rain. While the ample rain of the Seattle area keeps things green and helps it maintain the moniker “Emerald City,” it is far from the rainiest city in the United States.

Downtown Seattle from West Seattle –

Perhaps you are guessing that Portland or another northwest city takes the cake as the soggiest spot? Wrong again — the rainiest three cities in the U.S. are Mobile, Alabama, Pensacola, Florida, and New Orleans, Louisiana.

Seattle garners its reputation as rainy partially because of the incessant grey cloud cover that looms for most of its winter season.
It rains frequently in Seattle, but nowhere near as copiously as it does in the drenched Gulf Coast town of Mobile.
In actuality, Seattle typically ranks number 41 or 42 on a list of the rainiest cities in America.
Fact or Fiction:
Fact or Fiction: Myths About Famous Places Around the World | guide2travel.ca
Originally Posted by Mels SS
Morning all and I'm sorry that you have to go through this Tadd. I had to do this also. I will be praying for her and you Tadd. Have a good day all.
Good morning `Mel,
Your words paint a good picture of you. Thanks for checking in...Wish you a Happy/Peaceful New Day.

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Good morning everyone and happy Monday. I am in my second class of the day since school just started. So far so good but it is still early. Hahaha.

Hi `Zach, thanks for checking in on your first day of College
Wish you a great experience and fun this year working towards your degree. Keep us updated.

Wish all a Super New Day/Week/Life >>>>>>>>>>Enjoy

Old 08-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Goodmorning all...

I just inherited a large collection of Snap On tools from the 70's and 80's. They were my grandpa's and they are well used to there is some surface rust and such and I am wanting to clean them up. (The ratchets are beyond repair, so they will be replaced by warranty I believe)

What method do you guys thing could work the best? I was considering soaking all of the sockets and wrenches in degreaser followed by a 50/50 white vinegar/water mix. Then spraying them all down with WD40 and cleaning them up just to keep them reasonably nice.

Any ideas?

Old 08-25-2014, 10:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Morning all, more mirror issues in my monte. My current plastic mount thats on the window has chipped and will no longer hold the mirror. I've had so many issues with this mirror lol. I need to get some epoxy, reuse the original metal mount and get a new mirror and hopefully be done.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Good Morning Tommy & Family,
Thanks for checking in with your Monte Carlo Family
I just checked your area on Google & it's a beautiful area of the country that you reside.

I love small towns verses large cities like Orlando, Miami etc.
Do you like your area of the country ?

Wish you & member's a Super Monday ......`Life
Yes. It is a nice area, very rural. Just down the road is beautiful Buggs Island (Kerr) Lake. I will post some lake pictures one of these days.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, 8/25/2014 - Check In - Thanks