Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, 2/22/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Thnaks 4 your reply

Thanks much `Michael for your concerns, thoughts & appreciation Thank you also for your time & dedication to the MCF & it's member's. You've been missed & we will be looking forward to your updates. Wish you & Yours the Best...Don't 4-get to enjoy your Journey of Life....Sometimes it goes by really fast..."Love the ones you Love +"

Peace/Out from `Mike

Old 02-22-2016, 03:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all, BBM i actually applied for a county job and was rejected because me degree was not from a properly accredited school(that was a slap in the face). I more or less have a plan and am sticking to it at this point.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Cool >2 be & 2 Enjoy >being >4-Real<

Hi `Keane & thanks for your reply...it's good to have a plan & I hope it works for you... I have to constantly change my plans...It's like with my work I have to go where the work is & mostly it's where the ports are around the world or the islands. I hope that you are flexible & can adjust. I was surprised to read in your posts that you worked over the holidays for UPS...That had to be a interesting work adventure.

I hope you had a good visit with your grandmother ? Does she still remember you ? I have a difficult time visiting the few remaining beach bum seniors because they don't remember me, but I still go and visit them. It's sad to see the ones you love fade

Wish you & member's a great `eve...Thanks for checking in...Lots of good posts to check out & keep things active

Oh, what's 4 dinner ? I'm hungry again >

Old 02-22-2016, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member

She remembers me, but often calls me other peoples names. I have a plan until it changes, if something doesn't work out how i expected it to then i move to plan b or c or z. I always like to have a plan in life.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Talking We's Blog'in >>>Where R U at ? What ya doing ? Let us know ? LOL

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
She remembers me, .

Really `Keane, how could anyone ever forget you once they met you
It's great that you have alternative plans for your job search & for life.
I also have plans, but they seem to be in constant change. I've been trapped here all day waiting to hear from my boss, but I guess it's good I already have a job and I'm on salary +...So I' m getting paid to play on the MCF Today

Thanks for blogging with me & keeping our forum active. I hope we start seeing more member's checking in & saying hello +

Wish you & member's a Super `Eve/sleep/dreams/`Life >EnJoy<

Old 02-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Hello Micheal. Congratulations on the BABY, engagement, house and all. You are definitely busy.

BBMike Thanks for all your activity on the forum. You always have something positive to "motor type" I busted out laughing when I read that. You should see my slow motion typing.

Keane I hope you find the career you are looking for. I am glad you have a plan. I am also glad you visit your Grandma. I watched my Grandparents fade and leave this world one at at time. Each time I said I am going to visit the others more often. It is sometimes hard but it is rewarding. One of the funniest stories I have was with my Grandpa Owen. I had a quick visit with him one afternoon after work so I rolled his wheel chair out into the common area. When I got ready to leave I reached for the wheelchair to take him back to his room. He grabbed my arm and said "there's no need to push it, just pull that rope down there and crank it and I can drive it back". I had a good belly laugh with him. After a few minutes he caught on and said he thought he was still on the lawnmower.! I hope I never forget that day. It's hard when your elders get confused but I tried to always keep it happy for them and laugh. Most of the time they would laugh back.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member

I wish i still had grandparents around. Never met one grandfather, the other passed away when i was young, as well as a grandmother years ago. So the one i visit is the only grandparent i have left. But indeed, go visit when you can, never know when you may not be able to anymore. Thankfully alot of the family stops by often since they don't live too far from the nursing home.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:18 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening all

Old 02-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good evening to all, just had a long day,relaxing in home preparing for the next day, about to start looking at hotels in the boston area, im planning on going up to the new england patriots season opener in sept.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:16 PM

Evening guys. Getting settled into my room in TN. I'll be here for a couple of days before I go to NC to see my mom.