Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, 2/22/2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Get Up > Get Out > EnJoy your Journey of Life<

Good Morning `Keane, Did you get to sleep in, or were you in your covert agent position on another site It's great to read that you are taking time to visit your grandmother. I hope she likes where she is at. It so difficult for many elderly.

Oh, I read some of your older posts that you are again looking for work ? Wish you the best on finding a job that you enjoy & get some decent pay. You may have to expand your search. I think you already have a full time job just taking care of all your rides The sad part is that you are not getting paid for it. Have you ever thought of working for a car dealership or auto related businesses since you like cars/vehicles ?

Wish you a safe & happy day...Great always to see you checking in with your Monte Carlo Family

Old 02-22-2016, 09:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm actually up pretty early compared to normal lol. I am indeed looking for work again. I wouldn't mind working at a dealer, i've applied to a couple but never heard back. I have a career plan and have applications out, but the companies i applied for notoriously take very long to make progress. I have backup plans but fortunately they require me to do some waiting until the position opens up in a month or two.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 AM

Thanks Keane for your reply....It's good you have a career plan & I know from the national news how difficult it is to find a job in many parts of the country. Have you ever considered working for the government ? City/State/Federal....I read on the web a month or so ago that they are always hiring & there's a consistent paycheck with good benefits....Just another avenue to consider ?

I just wish you good Luck....EnJoy your time with your grandmother.
Be thankful she is still in your life...Be safe out there

Old 02-22-2016, 09:59 AM
Unhappy Where have U been ? How R U ?

10:45 AM STUMPMI+ Viewing Thread
Picks/Daytona 500/Sunday Afternoon

Hi Mod `David, seen you were online today (*yesterday) & we hope that you stop in & let us know how you are doing ? Miss you

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-22-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Unhappy Sometimes it's just Sad that some don't care

Old 02-22-2016, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Just checking in, wanted to say hi to everyone. I hope you are all doing well.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Good Morning Everyone!

Just checking in, wanted to say hi to everyone. I hope you are all doing well.

Hi Mod `Michael, it's great to see you checking in...I just about gave up on you...I know that you are a busy man, but I hope when you do get a break & check in. I've read most of your posts along with `Space over the years. How's your Corvette & other rides ? How are you ?
How's the House. When you get time (?) post a update.

Wish you a super new year & life 2016

Old 02-22-2016, 12:42 PM

10 Year Member

Hey Mike-

I know, I think about the forum and you all frequently, I just don't manage to get on. How is Space? It's been a while since I heard an update on him?How are you doing?

I'm doing really good, thanks for asking. Work is keeping me swamped, all the time and traveling more than I'd like...but I don't complain, I like being busy much more than being slow. Megan and I are engaged now (happened on Christmas) and expecting a baby Boy, due May 28th of this year. The Corvette is good...I don't drive it a whole lot, but when I do I really enjoy having it. It's going NO WHERE as of now. LOL. The Malibu is great, really like the car...super comfortable, rock solid reliable...I've not been back to the dealer since I bought it. It has 42K on it now (in 13 months!!!). We got rid of Megan's Nissan Murano and bought her a 2016 Tahoe, which is awesome. Great family mobile and shockingly good gas mileage for what it is...we have been averaging 18-21, which shocked me in a good way. LOL

As for the house...it's funny you should ask. I am selling the house we live in, in fact it's already sold. Megan and I bought a new house, which is in escrow now, and scheduled to close mid March. It's bigger and has 1.6 acres of land, so Megan's houses can be at home now (although it will take some work on the property to get it horse ready). My house never even went on the market, my realtor had an interested buyer and knew I was going to sell it in the next few months, so he brought the guy over and he made an offer I couldn't refuse. So now my house is in escrow too...but we are doing an extended close to give Megan and I plenty of time to do a few things to the new house and move at our leisure. We are looking to be moved into the new place by end of April (just in time for the baby) and the closing on my current house.

I hope to hear back from you soon. Take Care!

-Michael

Old 02-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Thumbs up Thanks Michael

WoW `Michael, thanks for your update (WoW), you have a very valid reason for not being on the MCF.

Congrats on the engagement and news of Michael Jr How did that happen

* Plus a new home Really happy for you & Megan

It's also good that work is going good for you & I can understand how valuable your time must be. We do expect pictures when time permits ie; house/cars/baby etc

`Space is in a neurological rehab in Sweden with his g/f (doctor) and Beach Bum Tommy & Grandpa `Space is there. He doesn't remember anyone, but we are all hopeful..Yes, a person life can change in a heartbeat. From a broken ankle to a stroke I don't know why bad things happy to super good people. I haven't been over to see him yet

I'm trying to fill in for `Space on the MCF (this place reminds me of him)..

I will cease motor typing because I know that you have lots to read. We hope we see you more often or when time permits.

Looking forward to your updates. Wish you & yours the best in life...Sincerely, Bum`Mike

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-22-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:42 PM

10 Year Member

I will try to get on more often then I do, for sure. Like I said, I have the best intentions of getting on and next thing I know, weeks have passed.

I still can't get over Space. How things like this happen...like you said, to good people, is beyond me. So out of left field. Definitely wishing the best and sending good vibes his way.

The forum certainly appreciates you're continued support and activity. Take Care!