Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, 13 October 2014

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Mike!

Thanks Space!

I am posting a pic of my 72 Malibu. I have owned it since High School! Had to park it some years ago. Then life got me away from Hot Rods for a spell. Now the rust Demons have left some serious damage. But we will overcome!

One Day she's gonna be a real street sleeper. I am thinking 383 stroker kit, feul injection...oh yeah!

Attached Thumbnails Monday, 13 October 2014-img_20140707_184228_752.jpg   Monday, 13 October 2014-img_20140707_184033_731-2-.jpg  

Last edited by GTHSS; 10-13-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Thumbs up >That would be a Super Project 4 U & Family <

Hi `Tommy,
Thanks for posting sharing

Looks like a Super Project 4-Sure!
I sure hope that you can find the time/$'s to restore your Malibu back to life on the highways of your `Life WoW..

How many miles on it now ? How is the condition of the 350 ?
Is it auto or standard transmission ?

Don't ever give `up on your dreams...I know that family has to come first (?) or should it be your dream ride (LOL) ?

Wish you the best of luck on a future restore Thanks

Old 10-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Good morning everyone. Another day of work and school. It will be a long Monday but hopefully it goes quick and Tuesday is here. Have a good beginning of the week.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Family fist for sure!

She's an automatic. I rebuilt the engine in 1984. Only 10k on engine but will go through it again when the money tree shakes. Tranny is good but will rebuild it too.

The body will be first. I am thinking Hugger orange with black hood stripes.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everybody!

Old 10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Thumbs up "`be thankful 2 `be" >4-Sure<

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Good morning everyone. Another day of work and school. It will be a long Monday but hopefully it goes quick and Tuesday is here. Have a good beginning of the week.
Good Morning `Zach,
I admire your positive outlook on life/work/school.
EnJoy your new day of `life 4-Sure

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Family fist for sure!

She's an automatic. I rebuilt the engine in 1984. Only 10k on engine but will go through it again when the money tree shakes. Tranny is good but will rebuild it too.

The body will be first. I am thinking Hugger orange with black hood stripes.

Thanks again `Tommy, yes > Family 1st 4-Sure or (?) > LOL
I agree 100% that family, friends & the MCF should come 1st.
Wish you the best on finding the time & $'s to bringing your Chevy Malibu back to life > Good Luck

Originally Posted by Taz
Morning everybody!

Good Morning `Lou,
Thanks for all that you have done & do to make 0ur forum GOOD & better 4-Sure...

Wish you & Member's a Good & Happy New Day of Life
I constantly have to remind myself how much better we have it then so many that are living on Planet Earth. We all have our problems, but they are really minor compared to the majority of other's that are living without or in constant fear everyday

I still try to look at what I have & be thankful & not concentrate on what I don't have. I'll just keep working hard on getting to where I want to be in life & keep reminding myself & others to be Thankful to `be 4-Sure...

Last edited by Space; 10-13-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone, enjoying a relaxing thanksgiving monday up here today. Had 11 people over for turkey and ham. Nice dinner but we made way too much food as usual, on the positive though leftovers of turkey and stuffing are never a bad thing.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day

Old 10-13-2014, 03:32 PM

Plasti dipped my trim and it did not turn out well.... It looked great but it dried too quick and when i peeled it, it all came off badly... That was a waste of my day... Plus theres still some underneath the car that i cant get off....

Old 10-13-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by ohara
Good afternoon everyone, enjoying a relaxing thanksgiving monday up here today. Had 11 people over for turkey and ham. Nice dinner but we made way too much food as usual, on the positive though leftovers of turkey and stuffing are never a bad thing.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day

Hi `Ken,
Your post/words inspired a thread to you & country for a Belated Happy Thanksgiving. (Sadly, I have no excuse & I'm not even taking any pain med's >LOL)
It's great to read that you had a great Turkey dinner & were able to share with others in your life. We all have so much to be thankful for 4-Sure
>Thank `You<

Originally Posted by Red Monte Carlo
Plasti dipped my trim and it did not turn out well.... It looked great but it dried too quick and when i peeled it, it all came off badly... That was a waste of my day... Plus theres still some underneath the car that i cant get off....

Hi Red Monte Carlo (no name in your profile),
A day is never wasted `if you gain experiences & lessons. I can relate to painting problems....I found it wasn't one of my talents...(I'm still searching for other talents>no luck) I now take my auto/bike/skateboard to the pro's to paint

I hope a member can post help on getting the rest of the dip `off. I've never Plasti dipped Good Luck to You >Don't give up on getting your Monte the way U want `it to be

Old 10-13-2014, 04:41 PM

What's up MCF hope all had a good day and are especting a good evening. I'm going back to work to take one of the work trucks home instead of this it's the worst thing ever driving a car with slicks in the rain holly smokes it can't stay straight It has to go sideways even if I'm crusing at 25mph, glad it's a traffic jam right now lol no seriously I'm glad it's bumper to bumper right now.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, 13 October 2014