Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
^^^what he said. Over at the forum that I'm a mod on, the forum had just expanded & they needed a Chevy Moderator sooooo I volunteered & I've loved it so far I was kinda shocked that I was able to be a mod since I have only been on the forum since March but the main admin/part owner really liked my attitude & all soo yeahh
Yea had nothing to do with the fact you are the main active female member :p

BTW I'm also a mod on said forum lol

As far as keeping your personal opinions out of stuff? Just keep a clear head and think about what you are about to say before you hit "Submit Reply". Also its always helps to have a boss who you do not want to be on the bad side of whatsoeverrrrrrrrr.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ditto & ditto. I have one main goal, and that is to look out for the good of this "MCF Family" That's the way "I" look at it. For a car that isn't even being made anymore, and still grow by 20% a year in membership, it's because we try REALLY hard to be THE best auto forum "family" on the web. I take this serious. It shows in my MCF paycheck.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I joined MCF in 2007. Around the time I joined, the original owners of MCF (Ralph & Amanda) had just sold the site to a company that owned many internet forums.

That left just Admin Patrick and the original moderators. Shortly afterwards, a couple of the moderators had given up their moderator duties for personal reasons. The remaining moderators had busy schedules and weren't able to be on as much as they liked, but still logged in as much as possible. Admin Patrick became reponsible for about 50 different forums, so he wasn't able to be on here much either.

Since I was on here so much, Space emailed admin Patrick and suggested me as a moderator. Patrick offered to make me a moderator, which I was thrilled to accept.

2008 was a difficult year on MCF. Most of the moderators had sold their Montes and left. Then the server was hit with a major virus that almost killed the forum completely.

When the forum was rebuilt in 2009, admin Patrick offered to make me assistant admin. Since it was obvious the forum needed an admin that could be more active on the forum. I gladly accepted the un-paid position.

Like most other forums, when a new moderator is needed, all the moderators and I discuss potential new moderators. All of us trust each other's judgement. And personally, I value thier opinions when a decision about the forum is needed. Sure as an admin, I have a final say. But the way I see it, this is not "Lou's forum". This is a Monte Carlo Enthusiast Community forum. And I feel all the staff are entitled to their opinions on what's best for the forum. And having great moderators is very important. I'm very grateful for all the staff here. They help to make this forum a place I look forward to visiting everyday.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

My hats off too the mods/admins you all always do what you can ancering questions and keeping us spam/drama free! i always wondered whats it's like to be a mod and what goes on behind the scenes! keep up the good work

Old 09-01-2010, 10:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
i always wondered whats it's like to be a mod and what goes on behind the scenes!
We have Popcorn and Beer parties.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
We have Popcorn and Beer parties.

and this is when Lou pulls you guys over driving the new MCF car in front

Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Here's the OFFICIAL MCF staff "beer run" car

It's been in the MCF family for years! It get's towed from one moderator to the next!
LOL!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Greg, `Chris, & Member's reading this;

p.s. I'm just the janitor, and I'd show you the MCF Staff Lounge, but I have not cleaned it this year...We are too busy enjoying reading everyone posts, and seeing their awesome pictures of their Monte's : )
Just to kind of blur the line between fantasy and reality...

There really is a "MCF Staff Lounge". It's the name of the Moderator's Section of the forum.

Space is the janitor. I'm the guy that re-fills the candy machines with microwave popcorn.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Taz

Space is the janitor. I'm the guy that re-fills the candy machines with microwave popcorn.
..Yes, no one trust me with the keys to the candy machine : ) & they don't let me use the microwave since they caught me putting my head in `it ~> to ReCharge.....
LOL
Mod J.J. gives me popcorn on the side : ), but I have to wash his GMC : )
Not E.Z. being a janitor, but someone has 2 do `it : )
Peace/Happy 2 `all : )

Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I just say random stuff about cars, people liked it and I became a Mod

IDK how it works, I just look important

Quick Reply: Moderators