Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Missouri Introduces legislation 90 days to turn in guns.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Missouri Introduces legislation 90 days to turn in guns.

Is this the "And so it begins" phase of gun confiscation or what? It seems the 2013 State of Missouri's "1st Regular Session of the 97th General Assembly" is out to grab specific weapons and make a criminal of everyone who fails to comply to surrender their weapons. See this is another reason many have opposed Gun registration for years. The authorities have a list of all the registered weapon owners and can go pound on their doors and determine the disposition of the banned weapons, even semi-auto pistols are to be deemed illegal. Below is an excerpt from the new bill being submitted and a link to the actual bill. While you can you should unregister your weapons and say you sold them to someone at a gun show or on the internet and no longer own the weapon. Is this going to get ugly if passed? Well it won't be pretty....

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

LINK TO ACTUAL BILL:

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...ro/HB0545I.HTM

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 02-15-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Here in Canada, the federal government tried to start a gun registry. Where owners needed to report their guns and serial numbers, etc. It was a huge disaster. It was costing a ton of money, and the opposition party kept insisting it was a waste of time and taxpayers money. I guess clear heads prevailed. Because they aren't doing it anymore.

I agree something needs to be done about idiots shooting up the schools and such. But a knee-jerk reaction doesn't always work out the way you wanted it to. So what's the answer? I don't know. Joe Average Citizen doesn't NEED to own an AK-47 or any other assault rifle. You don't go deer hunting with an assault rifle. But at the same time, Joe Average doesn't NEED to own a 500+ horsepower car to get groceries either.

At some point we're all going to have to agree on something. At least in principle.

I think the solution is most likely a multistep process. Step one being with parents actually parenting their kids, instead of letting the tv and internet parent their kids.

I'm not going to bash Obama or the NRA here. I think in their hearts, they both just want the best for America in the long run. But figuring out the best way to do it is going to be tough.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Now it seems Washington state is joining the ban the assault weapon push. They want a sheriff to actually come to your home and inspect it. WOW

In order to continue to possess a so-called assault weapon that was owned before the assumed passing of the legislation, the person must "safely and securely" store the assault weapon and allow the sheriff of the county to, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to "ensure compliance," despite some apparent civil liberties implications related to the Fourth Amendment.

Any person who, after the effective date of the section, acquires title to an assault weapon by inheritance, bequest or succession must within thirty days either dispose of the weapon or have it permanently disabled so that it is incapable of discharging a projectile. Failure to comply will result in a class C felony.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:13 PM

I've stated loud and proud over on the R6 forum that I will NOT be giving up my M4's....Yes, I own them (a few), legally, and I'm a law abiding citizen...All this ban is going to do is potentially turn a large amount of folk into felons.

All I ill say is "Shall NOT be infringed upon"...And it's got nothing to do with hunting.

I'll leave this here...Please watch the entire 5mins.

"if you put a frog in boiling hot water, it would jump out. But put it in cold water, and heat it up gradually, it would slowly boil to death."...

This is what is taking place with our liberties; slowing giving them away.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Missouri is pretty decent about their concealed carry policy I thought...

In a place like WAshington state, you seriously need a good rifle if you live out in the Cascade Mountains or places like that with Black Bears and the such... you never know when a high powered rifle with several chances to hit may be the difference in life and death.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 AM

I'm glad I don't live in either of those two states but I'm sure there are more to come.

If they did things like have stiffer sentences on gun crime instead of letting people out because jails are over populated that would help. People kill someone and get out a few years later to kill again.

They want come in my house because I have a legal and registered gun and inspect it or take it but all the criminals on the street will be left alone unless caught then slapped on the wrist and let go...

Look at Chicago with the toughest gun laws. The laws have not reduced crime there.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Louisiana is a hunting and fishing state that why is called a sportsman's paradise
even own our car license plates it would never fly here and the gentileman in the video he is a true American we have forgotten what it took to get our freedom and to keep it and I applaud him!!

Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Excellent You Tube video. Mac7504, thanks for posting...

One of the opening statements says The U.S. has been awash in weapons and ammunition for decades and there have been no constant mass killings, what we are currently experiencing is social decay hence all the mass killings as of late.

The closing sentence "A free people can only afford to make this mistake once" is true.......