Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Minnesota weather SUCKS !

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Minnesota weather SUCKS !

Here we go again. This summer up here has been so wet. I think moss is growing on one side of me. After two day's & nights with no rain. Now were under a severe thunderstorms again on saturday! I think Noah built the Ark here.! I'm so sick of this . If it isn't thunderstorms during the summer months here. It's -22 in the winter month's ......Why did I move here ??? Someone ..anyone. Please kick me in the a**. And the best part of this is. I work over night's. So my pride & joy is outside at that time. &^%$# IT ! I have a spot where I canpark it under a over hang so no hail gets to it. But it's just a pain in the ??? Maybe I should find a job on days shift. or just Retire all together........After having such a nice tow days. Taking the Monte & my wife out 2 days in a row. I guess I can't ask for more then that. Not sure how many know that we go to Phoenix, AZ for the winter months. While we were down there. We really get spoiled as far as the weather is. Every morning. I have my coffee outside. Watch the traffic and the sun come up. We walk about 3 to 4 miles every morning. Weather at that time of the yr is fantastic. Never gets over 74. Nights are cool. You need a sweatshirt or a light jacket. But it;s DRY. While we were down there last winter. We had rain 3 days in 3 months. . We would wash the dust off once a week. Then take off where ever. Knowing we would be good as far as weather goes. But this summer up here sure has made up for it. I love football weather. But not the whire crap that comes with it. Or the -22 actual temps for weeks on end. How can this state have such temperature swings ??? 104 to -22. geeez. Ok thanks for letting me rant on like this. Not that it's going to help. But at lwast I got it off my chest. AS it's thundering right now & lightning.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I feel ya man. I'm pretty sure you can count the number of nice days here in Iowa during one year on your own two hands. Yesterday and today taking up two of those precious spots! It's been so rainy this first half of summer it's hardly worth washing the Monte because the next day it is all dirty again from the rain. And isn't the temp swings amazing?! It's unreal how it can be 100+ one day and half a year later -20 or colder! At least it's not boring! HA!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

I can live with boring. If its between 55 & 80. Thats enough of a temp swing for me.