Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

mickey and matt

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Photobucket
Default mickey and matt

i did what you said, i removed my heater and ac controls and looked for a vacuum leak only 1 problem theres no vacuum lines back there only electrical wires. am i looking in the right place or am i boned?

this is what i saw

Old 05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Default RE: mickey and matt

then you going to have to find out where it is at mostlikly unde rthe hood or behind the love box etc... those wires have to go to a switch someplace in that dash for it to change from one point to another I.E. if you want defrost or floor or both .

becuse it is all Eletric ya might also see if you can find one in a bone yard and try replacing it with it to see if this fixes the issue for you. it could be a eletric controll int he dash that will trigger some switch of some sort to direct the air.
Also have you went under the hood with the car runnign to see if you can find a vac. leak there?
Might check it out also as sometimes it could be there to .

the basics are this.
when you hit the gas peddel it causes the vacum to lower soem as it will direct it to a diffrent part of the motor for it to run correctly. when you let off of it then it will redirect it to the correct place to operate the acc.

SO if you have a leak someplace when you hit the gas it will cause it to lose presure at the switch and allow the spring to over rid ethat paticular switch causeing it to open some and allow it to chang eht elocation of the air flow and becomming SOOOOOOOOO annoying .

Old 05-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Photobucket

hahahaha sounds like a total tear down for me

YEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWW GIT R DONE

ok ill rip everything else out and see what i can see mr mickey d00d and ill get back to u

Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Photobucket

ok mickey d00d, i pulled the glovebox and found all of this, i checked all the multicolored tube things and their good and not leaking, that thing in the upper left with the spring i can see that move as i change the controls from defrost to ac but it doesnt go all the way i can push it further with my fingers. so i guess its under the hood now to check unless i missed something here?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Did you pull the lines one at a time to see what each one does? If you pull one of the lines and it imitates your problem than that line is probably leaking someone along the line.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Photobucket

nope and 2 late tonight but ill jump on that first thing in the morning

Old 05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Photobucket

edit-- sorry for the double post

Old 05-05-2008, 12:24 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why are you pulling the dash apart in your car?

Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: rj

Why are you pulling the dash apart in your car?

this is why rj d00d

https://montecarloforum.com/m_92414/tm.htm

Old 05-05-2008, 03:17 PM

the diffrent color line thingys as ya say are the vac lines that your looking for . but it ya look it has the wires comming out for the switches on the dash. So it is a power switch that changes your vac etc.... so it might be the issue your trying to find also.
Just pull them one at a time and check them to see if they are under load changing position .

Do you have a vac guage?
if so hook it up to each of the lines and take a reading on it.
then do it so your problem comes up and check them again. and see what happens to it.

Quick Reply: mickey and matt