Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG: SunDay June 28, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome pics Amy!

Everytime I see pics of your car, I want to max out my credit card and do all the mods and detailing work on my list so I can enter mine into some shows.

But then the monthly bills (phone bill, utilties bills, etc...) tell me otherwise.

Amy, do you think the Cobra owner did some smooth talking with the officials to be put into a different catagory? Maybe he knew he couldn't win in the Mustang catagory?

Every car show I go to, there are always ten times the number of Mustangs as cars in other catagories. Which is one reason why Montes stand out. Not as many of them as those 'stangs that crowd the streets.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lou, you dont really need the mods to enter a show. only if you want to win trophies like amy's car does. i entered my 5th gen in the show last weekend, dings, dents, scrapes and all, and parked next to chris. i vacumed, dusted and armor all'd the interior the night before, and put EVERYTHING that was out of place, you know in the door pockets, cupholder, on the backseat, ect, ect in the trunk out of sight, and hosed the car down real quick. we had some dew overnight on the car, so i dried it off, and went to the show, and cleaned the wheels and tires while i was there. i entered the car under a stock catigory, and i even got 1 or 2 votes, which is 1 or 2 more than i thought i would ever get, plus i had a blast just being on the feild.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

You know, he probably could have placed in the Mustang class because he has such a unique car. Again, the people who were registering the cars probably mentioned that the stock 90's class wasn't very large and that it would be OK to enter. I've been doing this show for the past 4 years and the past 3 years I've always got the same judges and won 1st place - the guys knew my car inside and out. This time other guys judged the show. The guy with the Cobra again, probably had a better paint job. My paint isn't perfect by any means because my car was a DD for the first 3 years of it's life. So I'm sure the judging was fair and I can't really argue. The guy with the Cobra claims this is his last show cause he doesn't want to go through the trouble anymore about getting his car show ready. I know he doesn't drive it much because he told me he only put 800 miles on the car last year. Oh well, like I said before, you can't win them all.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I really only have 3 minor mods and that's not what the judges are looking for. With a newer car judges look for how clean the car is, how good the paint is, how good the body looks - no dents waves or dings, if the trunk is clean and completely empty of car car products etc. I've just started judging shows and that's what I look for. Another thing is to take into consideration of the age of the car. If 2 cars scored the same amount of points I would go back and look at both cars to make sure nothing was missed the first time around and If I can't find anything wrong, I will usually pick the older of the 2 cars.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

amy how many trophies do you have, wow, great job on your car shows, thanks for all your great posts, see ya

Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Well since the Monte Nats was yanked away from me at the very last second,I spent the day being bored today.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

amy, great job in the show! the car looks fantastic. i'm glad you're satisfied with the bumper.

rj, what happened with the show???

i had a fun day at the track today, although my favorite race car got wrecked . it was the first racecar i ever drove so it's special to me, and it went out to our california garage for over a year and just came back about a month ago. some girl lost it coming out of turn 4 and spun out, tried to overcorrect it coming back the other way and hit the rear end into the wall right by the start/finish line. she didn't buy our insurance policy (for $70) so she ended up owing us for all the damage, which was close to $4000, though my boss only charged her $2800. she was pretty young so she was difficult to deal with because she didn't want to deal with it, she is supposed to be paying us $25 a month till it's paid off (with interest). at that rate, she'll be paying for it till she is 40....but oh well, we have a wrecked race car to deal with.

then the last class of the day had to be completely rescheduled, because the city ambulance (we always have to have fire & ambulance on hand at our events, we are not allowed to be on track without them both present) had to leave for an emergency in the city. it's a small town and they only have 2 ambulances and they were both needed. so we waited about an hour and my boss took a vote and everyone said they'd come back. so that kind of sucked. i hate when the ambulances leave, it's usually a false alarm (no idea what the situation was today but...) so we usually get stuck and put behind on our schedule. but anyway, that was my day... i'm tired and sore as usual so i'll probably be off to bed soon. i hope everyone had an otherwise great weekend!!

Old 06-29-2009, 11:25 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
amy, great job in the show! the car looks fantastic. i'm glad you're satisfied with the bumper.

i had a fun day at the track today, although my favorite race car got wrecked . it was the first racecar i ever drove so it's special to me, and it went out to our california garage for over a year and just came back about a month ago. some girl lost it coming out of turn 4 and spun out, tried to overcorrect it coming back the other way and hit the rear end into the wall right by the start/finish line. she didn't buy our insurance policy (for $70) so she ended up owing us for all the damage, which was close to $4000, though my boss only charged her $2800. she was pretty young so she was difficult to deal with because she didn't want to deal with it, she is supposed to be paying us $25 a month till it's paid off (with interest). at that rate, she'll be paying for it till she is 40....but oh well, we have a wrecked race car to deal with.

then the last class of the day had to be completely rescheduled, because the city ambulance (we always have to have fire & ambulance on hand at our events, we are not allowed to be on track without them both present) had to leave for an emergency in the city. it's a small town and they only have 2 ambulances and they were both needed. so we waited about an hour and my boss took a vote and everyone said they'd come back. so that kind of sucked. i hate when the ambulances leave, it's usually a false alarm (no idea what the situation was today but...) so we usually get stuck and put behind on our schedule. but anyway, that was my day... i'm tired and sore as usual so i'll probably be off to bed soon. i hope everyone had an otherwise great weekend!!
Wow sounds like an exciting day. Better then I had.

How does the saying go?
"Women. You can't live with them and you can't shoot them."