Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Members Blog Sunday February 9, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all, no snow here for once

Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 AM

hey gang! i actually have today off! typically i endup workin at leest a few hrs each sat and sun. its tough getin time to mess on the internet. ive been makin a couple new friends. the one guy the helps me w my thermostt on my monte hangs wit a couple other guys that work on cars. he introduced me to them. ive spent a cple nites after work at the 1 guys pace. hes got a mustang hes workin on. its fun hangin over there when hes workin as he explains thngs a little and answers questions like you guys here do. i think i mght soon try changin my own oil if thse guys dont mind helpin me.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all, back to work today..

Old 02-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Good Morning All!
Ok, I just made it to say morning,
Just about finished my coffee and going to get up to do something.
2 more drawers to varnish to finally finish the kitchen!

The new kitchen is turning out quite nice and my wife loves it.
I didn't tell her the reno cost way more than a re-build.

Last winter, after the trans re-build, I started planning funds for an engine re-build, but the house took all that and a lot more.

Enjoy your day!

P.S. And we're looking forward to NASCAR, starts next weekend.
We noticed the withdrawals are bad while watching Olympics. We're talking coaches as crew chief's, skiers going high and wide, downforce on the bobsled and aerodynamics on the speed skaters.

Last edited by TomF106SS; 02-09-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Well it's still snowing in my neck of the woods.Man I'll be glad when summer gets here so I can complain about it being to hot.lol Doesn't look like like I'm going to get to work on the Monte today so I'm going to spend the day messing with the kids.The wife is off today to(we have been together for 14 years and have 3 kids)

Old 02-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Goodmorning/afternoon all!

Just got home, had a long bar night last night... time to possibly buy some mufflers for the monte, we'll see if I can pull the funds. Gotta remember I have rent at the end of the month lol

Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon folks!

Today, in addition to my back problems (triggered by shoveling last week), I have come down with a cold like my wife. We are laying around like zombies while our lone 5 year old wants to play. We are having none of it - she is on her own.

Last night I drove to Hamilton for Big Hair for Little Kids. It was a annual charity fundraiser my buddy put together. About a dozen people, mostly with long hair, got pledges and had WWF Legend Brutis "The Barber" Beefcake cut there hair off on stage. The hair is used to make wigs for cancer kids. There was music acts too, as well as money raised through raffling, ticket sales and draws. He must have raised a few grand anyways. And in one draw a won an autographed Naslund Canucks hockey jersey (apparently donated be Eddie Shack) - its really sweet and only cost me $10.

But today I will be avoiding excitement...

Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Afternoon EV1!
Ken:
Thanks for starting the daily blog!
Having a great day..I woke up..lol
enjoy your Sunday and the olympics!
See ya!

Old 02-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Afternoon folks!

Today, in addition to my back problems (triggered by shoveling last week), I have come down with a cold like my wife. We are laying around like zombies while our lone 5 year old wants to play. We are having none of it - she is on her own.

Last night I drove to Hamilton for Big Hair for Little Kids. It was a annual charity fundraiser my buddy put together. About a dozen people, mostly with long hair, got pledges and had WWF Legend Brutis "The Barber" Beefcake cut there hair off on stage. The hair is used to make wigs for cancer kids. There was music acts too, as well as money raised through raffling, ticket sales and draws. He must have raised a few grand anyways. And in one draw a won an autographed Naslund Canucks hockey jersey (apparently donated be Eddie Shack) - its really sweet and only cost me $10.

But today I will be avoiding excitement...
I actually tried to talk the wife into driving down for that. I was one of the many that used to watch wwf (before the lawsuit lol) faithfully every week and brutus was a major player at one point in his career. Sadly I even remember watch the cartoons, oh man I'm getting older than I want to be lol

Old 02-09-2014, 04:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
I actually tried to talk the wife into driving down for that. I was one of the many that used to watch wwf (before the lawsuit lol) faithfully every week and brutus was a major player at one point in his career. Sadly I even remember watch the cartoons, oh man I'm getting older than I want to be lol
He is still in pretty good shape too. Big bastard and he still has a million dollar smile - very photogenic. He was on the card for the first live WWF event I ever went to, which was at the London Gardens. That was probably 30 years ago. He was teamed with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine against Corporal Kirschner & Ricky Steamboat. I'm glad at least one other member knows what the hell I'm talking about.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Members Blog Sunday February 9, 2014