Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG: Saturday June 27, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy Saturday all!!! I'm super busy right now but I wanted to pop in and show you the cake I woke up to. My g/f spent all morning making it for me, and it's awesome!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:35 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Haha that guy is such a badass. If I could only remember his name.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

EDUARDO!! my little brother loved that show, but its never on anymore.

oh, just got in from the delaware water gap show, met up with chris and wound up parking next to him. not a huge show, but pretty nice with a good variaty of vehicles. plus it was a perfect day for a show, not too hot but not rainy and dreary like its been up here. it did pour in the way home though.

Last edited by skylark65; 06-27-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Afternoon Everyone.......

Happy Birthday Mike! Hope you have a great day!

Wayne, I agree, I love Tire Rack, I don;t live close to one, but I order form them...great company, with great deals! I noticed you said you use Castrol Edge in your Pontiac, what do you think of that stuff??? I've never used anything but Mobil 1 in my Monte, but that Castrol looks like some good stuff. Also, about your truck....My 1989 Silverado had the same problem, do you have drum brakes in the rear? On my truck, it was not the cable that broke, it was actually the metal piece inside the drum that applies the parking brake. It some how broke off and was beating around inside the drum making an awful metallic banging sound when I drove it...When I took off the drum, the piece literally fell out...its hard to explain, but it was definetly part of the parking brake, and like your my parking brake went straight to the floor. Since it happend I have yet to fix it, I just took the piece out, inspected everything and put it back together for now. The brakes work fine, I just don't have a parking brake for now. Its one of those things that I just gotta find the part, and get around to fixing it one of these days.....Let me know what yours turns out to be.......

Have a GREAT Saturday afternoon everyone....its HOT here today, so i'm going to jump in the pool!

Old 06-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

hi everyone, just got back from the car show in the delaware water gap area, and let me say it was awesome, there were well over 150 cars at the show, all kinds and all everything, we took some pics but you'll have to wait until i get back home to pittsburgh! as i drove in to register my car a red 94 monte carlo ls was registering behind me so i thought it may be ryan (skylark65) and i jumped out and headed over to see and believe it or not it was my buddy ryan and his dad ranger!!!! he is one cool kid and his dad is a super car guy also. ranger had a ton of stories when growing up fixing cars!! i would love to say more but kinda stupid right now, actually stupid all the time. i have a lot to learn all over again from when i was a kid messing around with cars, i need more info about my car also. everyone at the show was super nice and very friendly, i would definately come back here, although we drove about 300+ miles in my sweet 06 monte, that drove amazing!!!! the show was well worth it!! oh well, see you for now

Old 06-27-2009, 03:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Chris, sounds like you had a good time, glad it was fun for ya!

Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
hi everyone, just got back from the car show in the delaware water gap area, and let me say it was awesome, there were well over 150 cars at the show, all kinds and all everything, we took some pics but you'll have to wait until i get back home to pittsburgh! as i drove in to register my car a red 94 monte carlo ls was registering behind me so i thought it may be ryan (skylark65) and i jumped out and headed over to see and believe it or not it was my buddy ryan and his dad ranger!!!! he is one cool kid and his dad is a super car guy also. ranger had a ton of stories when growing up fixing cars!! i would love to say more but kinda stupid right now, actually stupid all the time. i have a lot to learn all over again from when i was a kid messing around with cars, i need more info about my car also. everyone at the show was super nice and very friendly, i would definately come back here, although we drove about 300+ miles in my sweet 06 monte, that drove amazing!!!! the show was well worth it!! oh well, see you for now
chris, im glad you enjoyed yourself, it was great to meet up with you. now its time to just kick back and realax, and make sure you get some hotel suvinears tomorrow, you know, maby some towels, some soap, a lamp, an armchair, ect, ect.. haha. enjoy the rest of your weekend, man.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

mornin all im on an actual computer everything is soooo huge compaired to my phone screen no real plans today if the weather holds out we r gunna head down to cruis night in a nearby town

Old 06-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
mornin all im on an actual computer everything is soooo huge compaired to my phone screen no real plans today if the weather holds out we r gunna head down to cruis night in a nearby town
my bad more like afternoon damn neer evening

Old 06-27-2009, 04:47 PM

Sounds like everyone is having a great time

Happy Birthday BlkSheep `Mike,
WoW that cake is love : ) 4-Sure....hope U R saving us some
Wish U a SuperHappy Day/Life
_______________________________________________-

Thanks Chris & Ryan for your review of the Show, & that
you got 2 meet `up....Look forward 2 seeing the pic's : )
Ryan, how did you Monte run ?
How many Monte's were there ?

`Budsjlm, Hope you post more pic's of your
4th Gen Monte.
+++++++
EnJoy your `eve
Peace/Out

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG: Saturday June 27, 2009