Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER's BLOG: LABOR `DAY, September 7, 2009 -> EnJoy

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...Good Morn'in `Justin, It's Labor Day U aren't suppose 2 work 2 day...Take a Break & kick back with your family : ) You;ve been going through a lot lately, & deserve a day 2 play 4-Sure.
Wish U a Super Day & hope U have some `fun...
You live in a beautiful area of the country...EnJoy your `now : )
Just look @ your Monte & dream `bout all the things U wanta do 2 `it.... Peace/Happiness/`Space

Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Mornin' all, and happy Labor Day to y'all! Hope everyone get their chance to fire up the barbi' and get that steak, ribs or whatever done to perfection. I know it's Labor Day, but I still got several things that NEED to get done today, MOST of which is to vacumn out the Monte and put the driveway BACK in the drive and OUT of my floorboards!!! I HATE gravel drives, but it is what it is. The good news is that I will be able to store 1 or 2 of our cars at work this winter. We have an 8 bay room in the back of the building, and it is only half full. That means that we can put our daily drivers (The Intimidator SS and the Silverado Z71 Sportside) in the garage this winter. Got to get the Olds cleaned up for storage, but I don't think that's happening today.
We plan on ending the day at South Haven tonight to watch the sunset. Haven't done that in a while, so we're looking forward to that! Here's a few pic's of the pier and light house at South Haven, taken a while back. Hope you enjoy them, and I also hope you can do something as relaxing and rewarding as this yourselves today, even if it's just relaxing in your own back yard!
Enjoy the sunset at South Haven:
North Beach:

North pier on the Black River:

The light house on the South Pier just before sunset:

South Beach:

I'll post more pics of the sunset tonight.
Have a GREAT day MCF'rs.

Last edited by RocknSS04; 09-07-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:54 AM

Good morning all. Hope everyone is enjoying today. I am heading into school to put up some posters and get ready for tomorrow.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

mornin, all. not alot going on today (hopefully), im just relaxing fora while & then my dad wants to cut firewood..... idk why, he must think labor day is when you preform manuel laber instead of rest from it, lol.

wayne, enjoy the sunset. looks beutifull

todd, what grade / subject are you teaching again? sorry if i dont remember you should let the students put up the posters, lol.

justin, what else are ya pulling apart on your monte? how much is left ? hope it goes well for ya, & you can find a good 350 or something good to dump in....

everyone else, have a good one!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 AM

Ryan I am going to be teaching 6-8 reading. I am teaching the kids who are failing to try and get them up to speed in reading. I have always taught grade school so this will be interesting.

Wayne those are some great pics.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:42 AM

ok, remedial reading. that aint so bad, its gotta be better than remedial math, lol. i can read dang good, last year i red a 550 page book in 2 days for my summer work but ill be damned if i could spell or multiply or devide, lol. i hope the new job goes smoothly for ya

Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

space workin on the monte isn't work, it's my fun, i love working on that car... it means i'm getting somewere.....and adventually will be done....yeah thats pritty far off but it's all good

Old 09-07-2009, 10:33 AM
15 Year Member

Ryan, well since i dont have a garage i'm pullin the motor bit by bit...i've only got the intak off so far... and everything is commin out... was gunna pull the big ugly airbox but i'm gunna wait

Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 AM
15 Year Member

until next summer otherwise i'd have a winter wonder land inside the monte too and i dont want that....

Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM

yha, it sucks not having a gradge, i was lucky enuff for my dad to say i could park my buick in our 1 car gradge, but it kinda sucks because there is so much crap in there there is no room to work on it, & stuff always gets piled on top of it so whenever i wanna tinker with it i have to basicly clean the whole damn gradge out.... a real pita, lol caus by the time im done i dont have time to do things with the buick... i actually just got in from cleaning the gradge & porch & under our other porch....

Quick Reply: MEMBER's BLOG: LABOR `DAY, September 7, 2009 -> EnJoy