Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Wednesday 4/06/11

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:01 AM

Morning All,

Cold ride to work this morning - about 38 F. Should be relatively toasty on the way home though - weatherman says should hit 70 today.

Our wonderful elected officials in DC may be screwing with my livelihood shortly. For folks like me that support the government, we could be put on furlough if Congress doesn't approve a budget or another continuing resolution. If the government shuts down, I will likely have to stay home. As long as it's settled soon, I'll still get paid. I'll just have to use my vacation days. Good thing I was planning to go on vacation next week anyway for my son's spring break.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 AM

Dave... I hear ya on the weather.
When are you coming to the distillery?

Morning everyone else. Im glad to have my monte carlo. Sadly, I have a smaller tank, bad trans (still no o/d) and bigger engine than my old car and am still getting more mpgs than it ever did.

My dfriend, carl just paid $75 to fil up his tahoe yesterday and is getting 7 mpgs in it.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I filled up the Monte yesterday and had an MPG calculation of almost 35mpgs

I'm thinking there has to be something wrong, but my trip said 365 and the Monte only took 10.5 gallons. (My fuel level sender unit is bad, so I try not to let my trip get too close to 400)

I reset and I'm gonna do another calculation haha I wouldn't mind it being that high, but that just seems a little too much... My usual was 32 highway

Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by augi
Dave... I hear ya on the weather.
When are you coming to the distillery?
Hey Dustin. My wife and I will probably visit the JD Distillery this summer. If so, I'll give you a heads-up; maybe we can meet up in the town square.

Originally Posted by augi
My dfriend, carl just paid $75 to fil up his tahoe yesterday and is getting 7 mpgs in it.
Ouch... And I thought the 14 mpg I average in my old car was bad.

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I filled up the Monte yesterday and had an MPG calculation of almost 35mpgs

I'm thinking there has to be something wrong, but my trip said 365 and the Monte only took 10.5 gallons. (My fuel level sender unit is bad, so I try not to let my trip get too close to 400)

I reset and I'm gonna do another calculation haha I wouldn't mind it being that high, but that just seems a little too much... My usual was 32 highway
35 would be great! Our Monte seems to average about 32 highway, mid 20's city. Still pretty good for the size of car/engine. A lot of smaller cars don't manage as well.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

happy hump day all !! its snowing lightly here this morning = (

Old 04-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Happy over-the-hump day! Good weather here today in Kansas - although they say we could have some bad storms here Thursday. Hope it's not as bad as last Sunday was, as our Black '98 MC LS got caught in a Ping-Pong sized Hail Storm.

My neighbors were laughing at me - 'cause I ran out there & covered it up w/moving blankets - till it was over. For 13 yrs. old it still has a nice paint-job.

They can laugh at me if they want!

Mark in kansas.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i would do the same Mark !!

Old 04-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Whats up everyone

Not much goin on here, gonna get a price on painting my flames on hopefully that dont break the bank

Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Well... im currently taking my passenger mirror off to re paint it for the show next weekend. I did a rather shotty job earlier this winter and feel that it wont suffice... under street lighing, it looks really orange compared to my car.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Day started out cold but it warmed up nice in just a few hours.

I Dont think gas will reach, might hit 5$ then we will see a drop.
It would hit 7$ if there was an actuall oil shortage.
Im speaking for my area though, it might get that high around Lou's Area.

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Wednesday 4/06/11