Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   MEMBERS BLOG & Check In: Monday, Feb. 21, 2011 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/members-blog-check-monday-feb-21-2011-a-26253/)

Sparky-88 02-21-2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaw35 (Post 298698)
Morning everyone,...Sooo me and my Monte got spanked yesterday by an old lady in a Mercedes AMG i knew that car could beat mine i just didn't expect grandma to floor it like that, live and learn.

Dude... How embarrassing. :p At least it was a hot car.

Budsjlm 02-21-2011 10:18 AM

Morning all, was real slow going into work... snow total from lastnight 15in and it's snowing again they are talking another 3-5, only like a 1/3 of the people who work here came in... i should have just called in!

ChibiBlackSheep 02-21-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88 (Post 298699)
I missed this earlier. I use an old fashioned 'safety razor' with soap / brush but don't get my supplies through 'The Art of Shaving'. Wicked expensive. Drug stores usually carry my blades & soap. I got hooked on the safety razor approach in the military. The blades cleaned camo off the face nicely and I could remove the blade and wipe it clean. Can't do that with modern multi-blade gizmos. No need for camo on my face anymore, but I still like the shave.

I agree that you don't need fancy new razors, but the preshave oil and soap combination were amazing. I'm italian so I have rough facial hair, but I'm also irish so I have sensitive skin and it was the smoothest my face ever felt without any irritation. But I do agree how expensive it is (around $100/mo) and I couldn't deal with that. But it was nice since I got their weekly starter kit for free as a promotion for a new store that opened.

ChibiBlackSheep 02-21-2011 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm (Post 298708)
Morning all, was real slow going into work... snow total from lastnight 15in and it's snowing again they are talking another 3-5, only like a 1/3 of the people who work here came in... i should have just called in!

It's not bad to brave it every now and then as long as you are safe and confident you can make it in. Your work will now think of you as a better employee who they can rely on and it could really help you out in the long run :D

Stay safe though Justin!!!

MillerMonteSS 02-21-2011 10:36 AM

Well, I just read the new Army promotion policy. I don't think I have a chance of making it to SSG before I get out. Oh well...

Blazed SS 02-21-2011 10:43 AM

Good morning all !!

augi 02-21-2011 10:45 AM

Greg, that sucks.

Hi dave, did you enjoy the beautiful weather we had last weekend as well?

I went to the pull n save yesterday and FINALLY got a keyless entry remote for my car. Programmed it and went to town.

Also got a z34 wheel... going tto get the tire this afternoon and get some paint and this week... my project is some wheel paint... im just wondering if anyone could photoshop this for me. And opinions on what would be nicer...

http://www.originalwheels.com/chevro...els-5067-b.jpg

I am thing bronze spokes, the nut and outer lip still polished

Or dark chrome with the nut and outer lip polished

MillerMonteSS 02-21-2011 10:50 AM

Thanks augi. I have always liked the dark chrome look. I am pretty sure that they carry the look in a can.

Space 02-21-2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS (Post 298713)
Well, I just read the new Army promotion policy. I don't think I have a chance of making it to SSG before I get out. Oh well...

:rolleyes:
Hi Sergeant Miller :eek: `Greg, if they won't promote you, we will & make you a SSG...Are you now a E-5 or E6 (if I remember the ranks correctly)...When does your enlistment end ? Would you get the promotion `if you re-enlisted ?
If you don't re-enlist ~>? what type of work will you pursue ?
We could start a campaign & we could all email your First Sgt & give our endorsement....Don't give `up & keep do'in your best 2 get 2 where U wanta `be 4-Sure....Good Luck : )
========================================
`Augi, I like those Rim's, but I'd keep them stock (?), but they aren't mine, so be creative & do what U like best....That's what mades everybody's car their own style : ) 4-Sure...
Look forward to reading & seeing what U `do...
=================================
`Justin, be careful out there...I just watched the noon news & they showed vid's of your area of the country...WOW...
Take it E.Z. driving 4-Sure...
========================================
Mod `Mike & Dave, If shaving cost $100 a month, then I am now happy that I don't have to shave that often 4-Real : )
Maybe I can glue some hair 2 my face from other area :eek: LOL
----------------------------------------------------------------
I had to get `up to relieve a security guard @ the gate that got sick until another arrived...I was having a great dream about racing cars when I was awaken : (
============================
Go'in back in2 recharge Mode...Still tired & outa `gas...
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks everyone for all your contributions.
Peace/Happiness to all reading my words from `Space : )

MillerMonteSS 02-21-2011 12:24 PM

Thanks 'Space. I am a Sergeant (E-5). A re-enlistment would only give me the additional time to promote. It wouldn't help me directly. When I get out; I will probably do the same thing that I do now. I don't mind the Corrections aspect of my job, but I truly enjoy the Law Enforcement side of it.