Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Monday 3/14/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well guys, I'm ready to go back to bed.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 AM

Morning All,

Fun, event filled weekend. Saw the wife and daughter off very early Saturday morning for their drive to Mobile, AL, where they caught a Carnival Cruise ship. Sort of a victory celebration for my daughter's successful first year in college. Too bad my son and I are stuck at home... His Spring Break is in a few weeks.

Saturday night was my son's final performance in the high school musical 'The Wedding Singer'. The kids did great. Amazing performances considering that they are only in high school. Some real talent there. We spent Sunday afternoon tearing apart set pieces and helping clean up. Now that the show is over, life in our house will finally get back to normal. The last couple months have been really hectic with after school and late night rehearsals.

Space - I'm jealous. I would have loved seeing that airshow. I attended every one I could as a kid in St. Pete, FL. Between the shows at the St. Pete / Clearwater Airport and those at McDill AFB, I got to see the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds almost every year. All kinds of great old aircraft came to those shows. I don't get to see airshows very often anymore, but I enjoy them as much today as when I was a kid.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all, daylight savings time has me all messed up, so had to get up and going in a whirlwind as i went out the door for work,

Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 AM

That's awesome, david. Did he play adam sandlers part?

My boss is nice enough to let me borrow an old company car he deemed not safe for his friend. It doesn't like to go into park. I figure ill fix it while I got it, he's trying to sell it, so im going to try cleaning it up to sell for him.

Its a 01 expedition with 260K miles

Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by augi
That's awesome, david. Did he play adam sandlers part?
No, that part was played by a senior who is a great musician - plays the guitar and has a great voice. My son is only a sophomore; he has a great voice but isn't a guitar player (yet). Even though he wasn't a lead, he got to play a bunch of solid supporting roles throughout the performance, more than any other underclassmen. It was great fun for proud Mom & Dad to see him up there.

Any word on how long Eleanor will be out of commission?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone

I'm loving the hour switch to the PM. It feels good to cook dinner without it being pitch black outside.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM

Happy Monday Everyone! I had a pretty uneventful weekend. The wife and myself started watching HBO's Trublood and have almost finished the first season. Other then that we took in the movie Red Riding Hood and spent some time with my aunt and two cousins. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Eleanors old engine should be coming out today, then he's gotta switch the parts from it to the other new buick engine. Clean the old crap out of it. (He told me the good news is he knows what he needs this time) so... wed or thurs

Im going over there tonight to change the timing belt in the family camry so my mom can make a safe trip to illinois.

Its good that your son got the experiance of being on stage. The good news is that with further encouragement and some guitar lessons, hell be the lead in many more performances.

Paradox, I have never seen trublood... I don't have hbo so I don't really watch all the series involved.

You say its good?! A drama? Horror?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

My Monte was sick so I had to stay home this morning. It seems much better now *knock on wood*

I had a vac leak under the blower the size of Maine.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:33 AM

Morning All. I'm messed up from the time change as well. I keep thinking about what is going on in Japan & it's driving me crazy...

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Monday 3/14/11