Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Friday 4/08/11

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Morning All,

Happy Friday! It's been a long week.

Even this morning started with a brain fart for me. I got to work and heard a funny burbling noise as I was shutting down the engine on my bike. Looked back and saw my bike cover/case hanging down in front of the exhaust. Doh!! I unhooked one side yesterday in order to remove the seat; the cover in it's case is hooked up at the back of the seat. Forgot to hook it back up when I was done. It was flopping around just behind the exhaust during the commute this morning and fried a big hole through the case and multiple layers of the cover. At least it didn't catch on fire. How embarrassing would that have been?? The day can only get better, right?

I'm taking the afternoon off to get ready for vacation. My wife, son, and I head to Orlando early Saturday morning. We're taking the Monte; need to do my usual pre-trip checks on the car. We gave our son the choice of picking a spring break activity / trip. He chose Disney / Universal Studios. We have 4-day park hopper passes for Disney and 1-day tickets for Universal to see the Harry Potter stuff. Heard it was pretty good; time to see for ourselves.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!
Happy B-Day Michael!
Good luck with the inspection Mike!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

morning all, not alot going on here amy's taxes came in this morning so if all goes right we should have a new car by monday

Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 AM

Hi `Dave, don't feel bad, I have BrainFarts all the time My brain is always exploding (Bad Fuel or Zomething: ) LOL

Great to read that it wasn't worse & that you were not hurt.
I hope the replacement part isn't 2 expensive....It could have always been worse....Now on2 the positive...You and your family are very fortunate to be able to take a vacation together & travel to the SunShine State to enjoy all the Parks..
One of these day's I will find the time & $'s to `go.

Wish you all a SuperFun Time & a Safe Trip...Make good memories & hopefully take pictures & share with your Monte Carlo Family ~> EnJoy the `Journey/Experience ((2Gether: ))

Old 04-08-2011, 08:08 AM

Dave enjoy your vacation!!!

Happy Birthday Michael!!!!

Morning everyone, TGIF

Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
morning all, not alot going on here amy's taxes came in this morning so if all goes right we should have a new car by monday

Hi `Justin, great that you got your tax$'s & I wish you luck on finding a car that you will enjoy....It's great that you know how to check them `out...Wish you the best 4-Sure...

Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
...Wish you all a SuperFun Time & a Safe Trip...Make good memories & hopefully take pictures & share with your Monte Carlo Family ~> EnJoy the `Journey/Experience ((2Gether: ))
We always have fun no matter where we go. Gotta know how to relax. All work and no play makes Dave a dull boy...

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
ps: on a pretty cool side note, my daughter and her chorus group at her school will be singing the national anthem at the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game next Thursday....
Chris - Just saw this from yesterday's blog. That's awesome about your daughter! Too cool!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:47 AM

Enjoy the trip Dave, it sounds like you really need it.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Passed with flying colors!!!!!

And the inspection stickers this year are gold for me, so it's like a gold star

Old 04-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Congrats on the rainbow pass, mike

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Friday 4/08/11