Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF-ToDay: Wednesday 5-6-09 ->Click`2-Go`Fast, & Be -> FURIOUS

Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF-ToDay: Wednesday 5-6-09 ->Click`2-Go`Fast, & Be -> FURIOUS

MCF ToDay

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MCF Way `Off Topic Thread

For EveryOne 2 Post

What are you doing Today

* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids, etc.

Wish you a Happy`Day
- Your Choice -

MCF `Staff

Last edited by Space; 05-06-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 AM

* Member's Make a Post, & let us know that you
visited the MCF ToDay

I'm back @ work again ToDay
Happy 2 `be

You 2 can be replaced...
Here 1 second, gone the next
That's `Life ~ What `if ?

A BeachBum Production
"We come in `Peace"
EnJoy your
Now

Last edited by Space; 05-06-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: To Wish `You a ~> `Happy : )
Old 05-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Thumbs up Fast & Furious Monte : )

Direct from the 2006 sequel The Fast and The FuriousTokyo Drift comes this 1971 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Hero #1 car.

The Fast and The Furious and 2Fast 2Furious were two monster smash summer hits. It became only natural to follow with a third, and for this installment, the cars went East to Japan. Sean Boswell played the head strong rebel teen Lucas Black who put all this money in this classic American Muscle Car and proves his worth in a brutal car race with a brand new Dodge Viper.
For the movie, 9 cars were purchased to portray the 1971 NASCAR inspired Monte Carlo. This particular Monte Carlo was one of 2 big blocks used on screen. First, the car was stripped and filled with racing goodies. This car had a Bill Mitchell 572 crate motor with 700+ HP. The Richmond 4 speed was mated to a Moser 12bolt rear with 4:88 gears. The suspension mods included a tubular front suspension by Global West with Speed Engineering sway-bars, KYB shocks, and quick ratio steering. Wilwood disc brakes bring the speed down with custom gauges for monitoring the systems. Large fuel cell and nitrous bottle complete the trunk. After shooting ended the car was raced for a Hot Rod article and the motor blew on its first pass. The 509 motor out of Hero #2 was removed and placed in this car. That motor had run 11:98 at 118 in the quarter and is a 565 H.P beast. The car has 70 miles on it since built for the film. The vertigate shifter was replaced with a Hurst Competition 4 speed to make shifting easier and the gears are now a more civil 3.90. The car was painted gloss black to be used in Fast and Furious 4, but was not chosen for screen use in that movie. Car comes with clear California title and Certificate of Authenticity signed by the Picture Car Coordinator (builder). Buyer will be required to sign a Release of Liability form before transfer of ownership.

VEHICLE CONDITION: This Monte Carlo is in great movie condition. As noted in Hot Rod, this is perhaps the greatest performing movie car ever made. The body is in perfect shape with fiberglass cowl induction hood mounted with 4 pin latches. Trunk is solid and frame and floor panels are in great shape with no rust damage. All seams and body welds have been rewelded and ground smooth. The paint is fresh and in excellent shape. Tires are brand new Generals on the movie used NASCAR rims. Exhaust is side exiting with Flowmaster mufflers out of ceramic coated headers. Chrome bumpers are excellent. Doors have power windows but rear quarter glass is fixed. Grill is excellent and the lights work. Inside the car has sheet metal door panels with full roll cage. Dash is custom with Auto Meter Pro Comp gauges. There is a switch panel with master power, fan , lights, and ignition. Bucket racing seats are in excellent shape with lap belts and shoulder harnesses. The Bill Mitchell 509 engine runs perfect with "632"aluminum valve covers on aluminum Merlin heads, March pulleys, and aluminum radiator with dual electric cooling fans. I changed the rear gears to 3:90s for higher top end on the roads. Richmond tranny shifts tight and makes for quick throws. Nitrous is not hooked up. This Monte sounds mean and runs killer breaking the tires loose in all gears. It will make a great drifter or Autocross car.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115634
Inspired by NASCAR legends and powered by a massive V8, this old Monte Carlo gets new life in The Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Member's click above link for Pic's/Vid's Road Test

__________________________________________________ __
Moviemachines was created to offer unique vehicles and props from Hollywood normally unavailable to the general public. In the past we have sold such classic movie cars as the Starsky & Hutch Torinos, General Lees from the Dukes of Hazzard, Inspector Gadget Lincolns, Terminator 3 vehicles, Death Race Mustangs, XXX GTOs, Fast and Furious 1, 2 and 3 cars, Flinstones prehistoric vehicles, Men In Black police cars, MI2 motorcycles, and so many others. Our goal is to be the premiere provider of movie cars to the world. See our upcoming auctions of the Camaro FBomb and Mitsubishi Evo from Fast & Furious.

Last edited by Space; 05-06-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:34 AM

Member's
What do you think of
the above 71 Fast & Furious Monte ?
Present Bid @ Time of this post:
$10K
I would luv 2 have it 4-Sure
I think it would make a SuperSpaceMonte
Would U want `it ?
Post your thoughts/opinion's
It's on E-Bay

Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Thumbs up 4 the Luv of Cars : )

Below posted 4 the Love of the `Cars
or
another`SpaceDreamPost

Driving Impression: 2009 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE
The Handling GT Evoluzione package sharpens the hooves of this prancing horse.

10 Cars to Watch For
From ultra-luxury sports sedans to high-end exotics, 10 of the hottest new cars on the way.

News: Corvette Models to Get Race-Inspired Upgrades
2010 Chevrolet Corvette gets launch control, Z06/ZR1 models get new traction control.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:43 AM

From MotorTrend May 09
Camaro vs Genesis

2010 Chevrolet Camaro V-6 vs 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
click above
Six Shooters: We Find the King of the Affordable V-6 Coupes Read More

Member's, which one do you want ?

Last edited by Space; 05-06-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I'd take that Monte and drive the wheels off of it.

Then put new ones again and start all over.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:04 PM

5 Year Member

Wow. Reading all the comments that people left on the Camaro VS Genesis article, people are really POed about the fact that they put them in the same category. Like one person said,

"The Hyundai is a ricer tuner's wet dream. While the Camaro will apeal to muscle heads and large coupe buyers. One is a muscle car base bodel, while the other is just a sporty car top end model. Sorry, they may be technically in the same class, but I doubt a ton of people would cross shop these two."

I have to agree.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:27 PM

J.J., I agree with both of your posts.

1. I would luv 2 have the Monte
2. I also agree with the statements of comments of the
Motor Trend readers.
I do think it was a decent test of the two, but I think they
are completely different animinals : (
Camaro was close in the Race : )
The cost of the Camaro was $28K +
and the Genesis was ove $30K
Way 2 much 4 me.
But Kudo's 2 Korea for giv'in some competition in the market.
Thanks 4 post'in your thoughts.
p.s. When's U B.D. ?

Last edited by Space; 05-06-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

p.s. When's U B.D. ?
Universal Battery Day?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MCF-ToDay: Wednesday 5-6-09 ->Click`2-Go`Fast, & Be -> FURIOUS