Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   MCF ToDay MEMBERS BLOG: June 8, 2009 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/mcf-today-members-blog-june-8-2009-a-14124/)

MAMONTE 06-08-2009 01:13 PM

JJ & SkyLark65, I agree, I did not want to wake up this morning...more sleep please! LOL

Space, I'm glad you got to take a quick trip to the beach this morning! You deserve some free time man!

Mike, I feel ya man...work was crazy this morning, but now its slowed down.

Taz, glad you had some family time...but sucks the weather is being a pain! Not to rub it in or anything, but its gorgeous here..about 70 and all blue sky's! :)

MAMONTE 06-08-2009 01:16 PM

Yea, I guess I just got a bad one...happens sometimes! Hoping whatever new one I get last! I'm also going to be checking the wiring of the Sub and Amp..I am a little suspicious that the guy who wired it wired it on the wrong side of the fuse...thus by passing the fuse, and making the amp draw off the battery ALL the time...if thats the case then i'll be fixing it, and the next battery will last longer I hope!

Space 06-08-2009 01:25 PM

Hi `Michael,
Bummer about your battery : ( Several member's had
battery prob's with their 06-07 Monte's :(
Great that your Mother let you use her car.
What are you going to replace it with ?
Did your CAI come in ? or any word on `it.
Who did U order from ? We can get a chain letter
going to his company. :D
Glad 2 read that U had a E.Z. weekend, &
hope yours week gets better with no more prob's.:)

MAMONTE 06-08-2009 01:34 PM

Hi Space,

Yea, my mom said i could take the Bonnie, and she wouuld drive the truck since I have a MUCH longer commute than her, and the Bonnie gets way better gas milage.
IDK what i'm going to put in for the new battery. First off, I have to go some place that is open after 8pm...so that limits me there. I kinda wanted an Optima, because I've heard good things about them, but can't find anyone with one in stock, and I don't think I can choke down $189 for a battery...so I X'ed that idea...I might actually go with the store brand from All Parts Automotive, its made by Interstate, and because its a store brand, if it dies within the first 2 years, the store will give me a new one no questions asked...then it also has the pro-rated 70 month warrenty..and its $80 bucks, and they are open till 9!

No CAI yet, and he has not responded to a single e-mail...I even sent an e-mail last week stating that I purchased it 3+ weeks ago, and was charged for it via Paypal over 3 weeks ago...NOTHING from him, not a word. I bought it from MPD, Inc.

MAMONTE 06-08-2009 01:44 PM

Any opinions on a battery I should get?????

I will NOT buy a DieHard though...I have had terrible luck with them in the past!

Space 06-08-2009 01:54 PM

:rolleyes:
Hi `Michael, check `out the below link on batteries
Good Luck

We offer news and reviews of the best car batteries from NAPA, Interstate, EverStart, Duralast, Sears, DieHard, Optima, Deka, and AutoCraft.

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2009 02:04 PM

A battery is a battery is a battery, unfortunately they can go at anytime. I would replace it with another AC Delco. Or get a battery that comes with a 3-year+ warranty

MAMONTE 06-08-2009 02:06 PM

Thanks Space......

Weird...I did not realize that...I've had GREAT luck with Interstate, and crappy luck with DieHard, yet they are made by the same company! Interesting!

MAMONTE 06-08-2009 02:10 PM

Mike, yea, I noticed that from Space's article...maybe I should save some money and get the Wal-Mart Ever Start...LOL

I would like to get an AC Delco, but don't know of anyone around here that sells them other than the dealer, and one other place, but they close at 6....So I don't think i'm gettin an AC Delco :(

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2009 02:20 PM

Ask your boss to get out early for your car, being as you did him that favor of letting him borrow it, he owes you :p