Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF ToDay 3/17/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:41 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wayne, you are a man amoung men.

For St. Patrick's day I did.................. not much actually.
Worked a little on my dad' 1941 Dodge pickup for him. Seems a spider decided I looked like lunch? I happened to notice my right hand was bleeding. Then it occured to me there wasn't one puncture in my hand but two. Like two fang marks. And puss was leaking out of the wound.

NOTE TO SELF: if I find Mr. Spider he is going away. PERMINENTLY!!!!

I even forgot to wear green yesteday and I'm part Irish. (oh the pain)
I did wear green pants to work. But after I got home, I put on different cloths and forgot my "Party Till Yur Green" T-shirt.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Arrow A Good `Man

Originally Posted by rj
Wayne, you are a man amoung men.

R.J., I agree that Member: RocknSS04

`Wayne is a good man in `life.
I know that he is a true believer in his God.
We may differ on teachings, belief's,
but I always respect a Good Man.
Below is 4 `Wayne
We wish him the best in `life & beyond `it.

God’s Definition Of A Good Man

You’ve probably heard someone refer to someone else as a "good man." But what exactly is meant by such a description of a person? In Jeremiah 5:1, God told Jeremiah to see if he could find a good man. The remainder of the fifth chapter of Jeremiah describes God’s definition of a good man.
First, a good man is one who is careful in his dealings with others (5:1.) The ASV renders this as one who "doeth justly." Justice is to be determined, not by what is right in our own eyes, but in light of what is in accordance with God’s law (Psalm 119:66.) The man whom God considers a good man is one who is fair and honest in his dealings with others. Those in the early church were said to be "having favor with all the people" because of the exemplary lives they led (Acts 2:47.)
Second, a good man is one who is committed to seeking the truth (5:1.) Because of his desire for the truth, his interest in what is right is greater than his interest in who is right. A good man is one who places a high value upon the truth (John 8:32, I Corinthians 13:6, I Timothy 3:15, II Timothy 2:15, I Peter 1:22.)
Third, a good man is careful in his speech (5:2.) A good man’s speech is consistent with his lifestyle. A good man is one who speaks the truth. A good man is one who keeps his word, never making promises he is incapable of keeping or has no intentions of keeping (Deuteronomy 23:23, Matthew 5:33-37, James 5:12.)
Fourth, a good man is one who receives correction (5:3-5.) God’s chastisement is a manifestation of his love for us. God’s chastisement serves to correct our faults, strengthen our faith, and help prepare us for eternity.
Fifth, a good man is morally pure (5:7-8.) One of the many lessons we learn from the book of Jeremiah is that apostasy always leads to moral decay. As Christians, we are to shine as lights in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation (Philippians 2:15.)
Sixth, a good man places his confidence in God (5:17, 24.) The people of Jeremiah’s day foolishly placed their confidence in their walled cities. David wrote that God would be his rock and his fortress (Psalm 18:2.) As Christians, we are to trust in the Lord with all our hearts (Proverbs 3:5-6.)
Seventh, a good man is one who is concerned with the welfare of others (5:28.) The people in Jeremiah’s day were consumed with satisfying their own desires. As Christians, we must be concerned with those who are less fortunate than ourselves (Proverbs 31:20, Ephesians 4:28, James 1:27.)
`amen
The `Bums & I are so thankful that we were raised/taught
by good people, and a great man: My Grandfather.
They did not just teach us by words, but by their examples.
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 03-18-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: R U a Good Person ?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

GUYS! I'm humbled! Am I a good man? I try REAL hard, but I'm humbled. I didn't post my activities for reason of bragging. The question was asked what we were doing, and I just posted an honest response, as I always do. PLEASE, do not hold me higher than any other member here. I'm just doing a favor for my good friends, and he just happens to be our Pastor, but he is my Brother in Christ 1st, and we are to help those that need help. Just trying to do a favor, because I could.

By these definitions, Space, YOU are a good man, for coming back and taking care of your Grandfather! YOU fit the same definitions that you posted, and I'm sure MANY of us here do, also. Chris, I know your situation. Many others, also. PLEASE do not hold any of us higher than any other here. We are "The Monte Carlo Forum Family", and I am proud to be part of this family of caring people.

BECAUSE WE CARE!

BTW, The visit at Mayo went GREAT today! We head home early tomorrow, and he comes back in another 3 weeks for another round of routine tests and Dr. visit. This is a FABULOUS facility!

Last edited by RocknSS04; 03-18-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Arrow Humble `Person

Hi `Wayne,
I have learned that a "Good Person is a Humble Person".

Everyone has choices to be Good, or Bad
I found it easy 2 be `Bad , and it takes a lot of
self discipline to be `Good 4-Sure.

Life sure is filled with temptations
~> be `Bad `Space

Be a `Good boy `Space, don't purposely hurt self or others.
That's what you have been taught.
Good Acts/words = Good consequences
Bad Acts/Words = Bad consequences
Your choice...`amen
Peace/Out

`Taz is a Good Man
& is Humble

Last edited by Space; 03-19-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: 2 Wish U a GOOD Day : )
Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry I missed this thread yesterday. As long as I've known Wayne, he's always seemed like the kind of guy that would gladly do stuff like that.

Way to go Wayne!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
rj
15 Year Member

GUYS! I'm humbled! Am I a good man? I try REAL hard, but I'm humbled. I didn't post my activities for reason of bragging. The question was asked what we were doing, and I just posted an honest response, as I always do. PLEASE, do not hold me higher than any other member here. I'm just doing a favor for my good friends, and he just happens to be our Pastor, but he is my Brother in Christ 1st, and we are to help those that need help. Just trying to do a favor, because I could.
Don't worry.

It's your turn to buy the next round. Hahahahahaha

Taz, does the MCF official member's car still run? I haven't seen it in a while and wasn't sure the web site still owned it or not? Wayne could drive it to go get the next round of beer for the rest of us.

Wayne,
We can all tell you did not post your day's activities to get recognition out of it. That's why we feel your a man amoung men for helping out someone in need.

True we have other members who stand out. But it's okay if we support you from time to time.

Loosing your job, you could use it.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
Don't worry.

It's your turn to buy the next round. Hahahahahaha

Taz, does the MCF official member's car still run? I haven't seen it in a while and wasn't sure the web site still owned it or not? Wayne could drive it to go get the next round of beer for the rest of us.

Wayne,
We can all tell you did not post your day's activities to get recognition out of it. That's why we feel your a man amoung men for helping out someone in need.

True we have other members who stand out. But it's okay if we support you from time to time.
Ah, yes. The MCF company Yugo. Used for beer and parts runs.

Here she is:

What style! What class! What a body!

Now get going and get that beer darn it!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

ALL RIGHT! There's a new micro brewery just north of the Mackinaw Bridge. THAT's the car to use for the beer run!

(BTW, a Yugo blew OFF the Mackinaw Bridge about 10 years ago!)

LOL!

Last edited by RocknSS04; 03-19-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member

(BTW, a Yugo blew OFF the Mackinaw Bridge about 10 years ago!)

Did ANYONE bother to Tell Wayne where we got the official MCF web car?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 PM

Hey Space, so nice to hear your good news! Today I'm checking up on what's happening to all the good ppl on MCF. I wish we could all work together somewhere, how fun would that be? Just a dream, I'm unemployed.

Quick Reply: MCF ToDay 3/17/09