Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

mcf site probs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Photobucket
Default mcf site probs?

for some reason everytime i reply to a post my computer goes apesh** and opens so many internet explorers that my computer crashes, is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Default RE: mcf site probs?

i havent had any problems

Old 12-13-2008, 05:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not that for me, but on the laptop, I can't post while using Firefox, but I.E., I can. The desktop 'puter work fine. I'll be glad when we get our new server up.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Hi Chris...sometimes I can`t post in here but with other forums I can. TC man...

Old 12-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Haven't had that problem.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been made aware from a couple members that some people are getting "forbidden" errors when trying to post.

I've emailed admin Patrick about this in detail. When I find something out, I'll pass it on to everyone.

Thanks everyone!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

There's some kind of bug going around that screws with your search engines, don't know what else it might be doing.
You might try this and see if it finds anything.

Go to this website, download and run the free malware program http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Delete what it finds, restart and you should be fine.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 AM

Hello `Becky,
Thanks for posting the above link for free malware program.
Members like you make the MCF a better place to visit,
and learn about the Awesome Monte Carlo, and about
people from all around planet `earth.
Wish you & yours a
Super Holiday Season
from
`Space&Bums
[:-]
Peace/Out/EnJoy
the Season 4-$ure

Old 12-19-2008, 07:03 AM

Internet Explorer User Please Read Below
[:-]
Microsoft Issuing Emergency Fix for Browser Flaw by the Associated Press 12-16-08 -[/align]> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2008/12/16/technology/AP-TEC-Internet-Explorer-Security.html?partner=rss&emc=rss - The following excerpts...[/align]
[hr]
"Microsoft is taking the unusual step of issuing an emergency fix for a security hole in its Internet Explorer software that has exposed millions of users [][X(]to having their computers taken over by hackers.[/align]The 'zero-day' vulnerability, which came to light last week, allows criminals to take over victims' machines simply by steering them to infected Web sites; users don't have to download anything for their computers to get infected, which makes the flaw in Internet Explorer's programming code so dangerous. Internet Explorer is the world's most widely used Web browser.
Microsoft said it plans to ship a security update, rated 'critical,' for the browser on Wednesday. People with the Windows Update feature activated on their computers will get the patch automatically"...

Old 12-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I seem to have problems with Firefox on 2 computers. The laptop will NOT let me post AT ALL in Firefox. Forbidden it says. And the curser jumps around in I.E. so bad, that text gets lost and screwed up. IMPOSSIBLE to post here on the laptop. The desktop just started to give me problems Thursday when I tried to post about my Intimidator, and it took 6 posts to get it done, due to character count issues, I believe. Forbidden again. Short posts are working.

Quick Reply: mcf site probs?