Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 14, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 14, 2009

Above MCF logo by ModeratorJ.J. -Thank You,

MCF ToDay
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Happy Hump Day

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic
For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi Don't be `Shy
Become part of our Monte Carlo Family.
Please don't hurt with your words/post
`Thank You!

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone

October 2009
Monte of the Month
`Winner
Bumpin96Monte
- Chad -

Check out all our MCF Winner's
https://montecarloforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=10474
^click^
Thanks to our MCF Administrator `Taz, aka `Lou
for his dedication to the Monte Carlo Family.

Last edited by Teacher; 10-13-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 PM

I'm just coming here to say goodnight. I'll hop back on here tomorrow morning before class hopefully and respond to some of the stuff I might have missed tonight you guys have been a good group to talk to, night.

Last edited by East; 10-13-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:22 AM
Smile Wish U, yes `U <~ a Happy `Day 4-Sure : )

Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- the `Now -

tick - tick - tick
Time = `Life
Invest Wisely....it's your `Life
4-Sure

Brand New Day.....Brand New Start

Hello Monte Carlo Family Member's,

Don't drag yesterday problems into this brand new day. Give yourself, and those around you, a break and start fresh.
Every day is a new day. Every hour is a new hour. Every second is a new second. Every moment is a new moment. We can't go back into the past so there's no point in living there. Learn from your past & move on to your `now.....

Many of us carry a lot of unnecessary baggage with us everyday. What happened yesterday is gone forever. Positive and negative. New days should bring new adventures 4-Sure. Everyday should be explored to its fullest.

Allowing yesterdays worries to affect today, places us in a repetitive cycle. We see our problems as too big, so instead of finding a solution we make the same mistakes over and over. Instead of talking about how many problems we have we should be talking about the solutions to those problems.

We all have problems. That's just the way it is. The difference between happy successful people and unhappy depressed people is that the successful look for answers. Successful people look forward to challenges. They know that every time they solve a problem they get smarter. (everyone except SpaceAliens: ) By taking these challenges head on they are strengthening their minds. They are better equipped to handle the next set of circumstances.

Find ways to become the solution to problems rather than a contributor. People feed off of each others emotions and thoughts. Keep your thoughts positive because whether you know it or not, you have an affect on everyone you meet. Be sure that you leave a positive impression where ever you go,
and whatever you post on the MCF . Don't put your problems on someone else. Today is a new day and it should be a positive one.

Have a great day and remember to spread the message of positive thought with those that you meet, love & share.
Wish `you, yes you reading this a Super Positive/Happy Day/Life.
Be the Driver of your `Life, and drive it to
the places that you really want to `be.
Peace can start with `You !
EnJoy your `Journey ~ EnJoy your `Day
I just share, cause I care It's the way I was programed
by my mentor's : ) I hope my post makes U `think positive,
and extract the most from your present of life
the `Now ~> WoW

Last edited by Space; 10-14-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Mornin' all.
Space, we LUV to read your uplifting posts! You always have something positive to say in this crappy world we live in.
East, yes my wife is not smoking. She has been off and on. What made it work this time is me. I have given up drinking beer totally. She doesn't smoke, I don't drink. DEAL! We even went so far as to dump all the liquor out that was in the liquor cabinet (I know! Alcohol abuse!) But it's working out good.
Amy, glad to hear the b/f is not hurt to bad. Sorry about the bike. New tires aren't safe at all. They have all the manufacturing mold release agents still on the outside layer of rubber. Not something you can wipe off. It's in the outside layer. That's why in NASCAR you hear them talk about sticker tires and scuffs. The scuffs have better traction because that outer layer is gone, and it's down to good rubber. The down side is that the treadlife is less, because there is less rubber there. The best situation for last minute pit stops in NASCAR would be to put on 4 scuffs. They go thru so many tires tho that's not always possible. But you don't hear them talk about stickers or scuffs much either. They DO use that strategy. Glad he's OK, and you're OK, also. How's the job?
Have a GREAT day my MCF family.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Good mornin' all. what a wonderfull week so far....Watching the news (ie FOX) over the week end hearing of the escallation of attacks in affgani' and eight killed in ambushes or while on skirmishes I've become somewhat numb and deaf to it .it's a heavy decision for the Pretender to make as far as more troops but with all his advisors (zars) that dictate his every move you would think he just might consider the advise of one little ol General in the friggin' fight!!!! This all hit home the other eve as I recieved a message that my sisters only son a Marine in the ganni theater was one of the sevicemen involved. his patrol of eight were ambushed leaving three dead and five wounded of which my nephew was one. this tour end of the theater ends in april which marks his fourth vacation in the Iraq / Afganni zone. Prez get off your AXX and give them the support needed! Jarhead

Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone,

I am super tired today, so i'm most certainly looking forward to tomorrow being Thursday so I can sleep a little!

School went well Monday and Tuesday. I got both my midterms back from last week. My Geology midterm from last Monday I did ok on I got a B+ 89 out of 100...Whatever, i'm ok with that. Yesterday I got back my Strategic Management test from last Tuesday. I am SUPER happy with that, I got the highest score in the class with a 98 out of 100!!! So anyway, that made my day.

I'm really stressed right now though, I have a midterm today (last one until November, Yay!) and I just don't feel all that confident about the material. Its for one of my marketing classes. But I'm leaving work early so I can get to school really early and give myself a few hours right before class to go over everything some more. I am really looking forward to today ending, because that means ALL of Octobers midterms will be behind me, including this one I have today!!!

Anyway, aside from the midterm I have today, I'm happy its the hump day, and this week is getting closer to ending! I'm anxious to see my cousin and the baby this weekend in Reno.

Space, your words are always great to read!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 AM

Morning all!

Space, good to see you again, starting to becopme something of a regular, eh? :p

Wayne, always helpful to have a quit buddy to lean on for extra suupport when you need it.

Jarhead, sorry to hear about your nephew hope all improves over there quick enough to bring our soliders home alive and well!

With that being said, I recieved an e-mail yesterday that sort of send shivers down my spine, and while I'm not one to forward a bunch of the crude that gets into my inbox I feklt this one deserved to be seen. If the Mods or Admins don't like it please feel free to edit or remove this post. Thanks to all that are serving, have served or will serve this nation of ours!
-------------------

"I BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS IN THE NEWSPAPER OR ON THE 6 O'CLOCK NEWS" ~

The Sailor Pictured Below Is, Navy Petty Officer, PO2 (Petty Officer, Second Class) EOD2 (Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Second Class) MIKE MONSOOR April 5th, 1981 ~ September 29th, 2006

Mike Monsoor, Was Awarded "The Congressional Medal Of Honor" Last Week, For Giving His Life In Iraq, As He Jumped On, And Covered With His Body, A Live Hand Grenade, That Was Accidentally Dropped By A Navy Seal, Saving The Lives Of A Large Group Of Navy Seals That Was Passing By!~

During Mike Monsoor's Funeral, At Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery, In San Diego, California. The Six Pallbearers Removed The Rosewood Casket From The Hearse, And Lined Up On Each Side Of Mike Monsoor's Casket, Were His Family Members, Friends, Fellow Sailors, And Well-wishers. The Column Of People Continued From The Hearse, All The Way To The Grave Site.

What The Group Didn't Know At The Time Was, Every Navy Seal (45 To Be Exact) That Mike Monsoor Saved That Day Was Scattered Through-Out The Column! ~

As The Pallbearers Carried The Rosewood Casket Down The Column Of People To The Grave Side. The Column Would Collapse. Which Formed A Group Of People That Followed Behind.~

Every Time The Rosewood Casket Passed A Navy Seal, He Would Remove His Gold Trident Pin From His Uniform, And Slap It Down Hard, Causing The Gold Trident Pin To Embed Itself Into The Top Of The Wooden Casket! Then The Navy Seal Would Step Back From The Column, And Salute!~

Now For Those Who Don't Know What A Trident Pin Is, Are What It Looks Like? Here Is The Definition And Photo!~

After One Completes The Basic Navy Seals Program Which Lasts For Three Weeks, And Is Followed By Seal Qualification Training, Which Is 15 More Weeks Of Training, Necessary To Continue Improving Basic Skills And To Learn New Tactics And Techniques, Required For An Assignment To A Navy Seal Platoon. After successful completion, Trainees Are Given Their Naval Enlisted Code, And Are Awarded The Navy Seal Trident Pin. With This Gold Pin They Are Now Officially Navy Seal's!

It Was Said, That You Could Hear Each Of The 45 Slaps From Across The Cemetery! By The Time The Rosewood Casket Reached The Grave Site, It Looked As Though It Had A Gold Inlay From The 45 Trident Pins That Lined The Top! This Was A Fitting End To An Eternal Send-Off For A Warrior Hero!

This Should Be Front-Page News! Instead Of The Garbage We Listen To And See Every Day.~

Here's A Good Idea! Since The Main Stream Media Won't Make This News. Then We Choose To Make It News By Forwarding It. ~

"GOD BLESS AND KEEP OUR TROOPS SAFE!

-----------------------------
And thank all of you for reading.

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 14, 2009-pomonsoor.jpg   MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 14, 2009-casket.jpg  

Last edited by JAFO; 10-14-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Clean up
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
Prez get off your AXX and give them the support needed! Jarhead

Written with Passion & Conviction 4-Sure

I email the Obamanator all the time
Below are links to post your emails to our President.
I pray that he gives our troops the support they need
to win the War on Terror
We can talk/write about it all `day, but the majority
must `speak out loud 2 be heard.
Thanks Member JarHead for the ReMinder.
Our problems are minor compared to those that
risk their life's for our freedoms
4-Sure

Check out the below links, and send your support.
Thanks 4 reading...
"Actions speak louder then Words"
It's time to `act
"What are you doing to make it better ? "
Contact Us

President Obama is committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in ... Washington, DC 20500. Please include your e-mail address ...
www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/ - Cached - Similar
Welcome to the White House

WhiteHouse.gov is the official web site for the White House and President Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States.
www.whitehouse.gov/ - Cached - Similar
Show more results from www.whitehouse.gov

How to contact President Barack Obama and other White House Officials.
www.emailthepresident.com/ - Cached - Similar
News results for president obama email

Telegraph.co.uk
Barack Obama: "Oh, did I mention I won the Nobel prize?"‎ - 16 hours ago
Oh and on the day itself there was an email from “President Barack Obama” himself (his email is info@barackobama.com btw): “Toby – This morning, ...
Telegraph.co.uk - 14065 related articles »

p.s. Thanks `Wayne & Michael for your words/posts

Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 AM

Michael I have a big presentation for my class on friday. I have to lead 6 principals on a 30 minute discussion on an article i don't have yet. Need to get cranking.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good luck with that Todd! I'm guessing your feeling the stress too...LOL!

Brian, thanks for sharing that e-mail. I got chills off of that one too. WOW, what an amazing person.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 14, 2009