Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 07, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ryan! 1000! Good for you.
Hope those not feeling up to par gets better.
Mike, let's see the tips mounted.
Jarhead, make sure we see that trunk lid mat!
Space, good to see you are still around!
Later all!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I just ordered my new STB from GM Parts Direct...I hope this one works!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

had a productive lunch...cleaned out the scort(it needed it bad it was like a bachlor pad in that thing) and started my plan of attack on yhe heater core...already remover the center console....

Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I just ordered my new STB from GM Parts Direct...I hope this one works!
what went wrong with the first one? did i miss somthing?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Hopefully this one won't make your horrible noises haha.

Now is this one specifically for the 06-07?

Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

HA Thats funny, they don't make much for 06-07's! LOL

No, thats why i'm still hoping, if this does not work, I give up. I am so tired of wasting money on things that don't work, and having to re-do them, or throw them away. BUT this one is genuine GM, and was used in the 6th gen Monte's, so i'm thinking it should work. Plus Drewski used it on his 06 3.5L So....

Here is everything i've done more than once on the Monte:

Exhaust- Was not happy with the tips, or sound the first time...paid to have a new resonator, and tips put on. (this was by no means the exhaust shops fault, just me being picky and know what I want, and having to have exactly what I want..LOL)

The Sub/ Amp disaster...That was a $1,000 worth of headace before a sterio shop finally got it right. Yea, first shop F'ed it up so bad, I had to take it to Chevy because my airbag light came on...turns out the idiots wiried the sub and amp by cutting the airbag wire...So it was $585 at chevy (not covered under warranty of course), then the amp they sold me crapped out...All said and done to get everything perfect, it cost me just over a $1000 bucks. (yea should have been about $150-200 since I had the sub already from my Cavalier)...Oh an for those of you wondering why I didnt make the sterio shop pay, go figure, I have every single damn recipt for my car everything from upgrades to oil changes...BUT not that ONE SINGLE one. Go figure, and that was the one time in my life I paid cash, again, go figure...

Strut tower brace ($87 for the first one, $40 for the second, finger crossed it works)...ZZP one touched the power steering line make a whine noise, just ordered ANOTHER different one.

Center caps for my Chromed factory wheels ($496 later I got that right)...I did not like that the new chrome center caps did not have the bowtie. So I paid an extra $186 to have my factory center caps chromed. Well those lasted about 6 months, and the chrome chipped off one of them. So I sent them to a different place to be properly chromed that was $300...Well these idiots put so much copper on the center cap they would not fit the wheel anymore (but they did a good job with the chrome none the less). Of course at the bottom of there web page (buy at you own risk)...They didnt do anything for me. So I got pissed and threw them in the trash after trying to grind them to fit, and them just looking like crap and not fitting right. So what did I do, bought some bowtie overlays to stick on the Chrome center caps that came with the chrome wheels, that cost $10.00, and looks awesome. God if only I would have done that in the first place. But no, I wanted the 3-D chrome bowties...(yet ended up with $10.00 overlays)

Jet chip disaster- $457 totally wasted...

New radar detector- $100 pissed away, guy just took my money and never shipped item (online purchase, private sale).

Oh lets not forget i'm on my second set of aftermarket floor mats too...The Lloyd ones suck! ($300 invested in floor mats now)

So anyway, yea, some of this was my own fault, but The sterio crap was not my fault at all (except that I paid cash, and lost that one recipt)...And the center cap thing was only my fault for wanting bowties on them, and not wanting overlays at first. The rest was lack of quality chroming, and the other place was idiots not thinking about how close fit a center cap is...

I know, this adds up to TONS of money pissed down the drain, I hate even thinking about it.

Last edited by MAMONTE; 10-07-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Forgot about floormats
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM

15 Year Member

I hit a bump and had to fix my whole front cradle and my tranny went this year?

haha j/k

Sounds like a great list of things to talk about with your car :P

Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

damn, michael, that eff'in sucks.... talk about bad luck! and to top it all off that lil run in with the toyoda. heck, if you actually stopped modding your car, well hell you could do it like they tell people to do when the quit smoking, put the extra money in a jar & use it for a vacation.... or in your case, 10 vacations, lol you got LOTS of patiance, that is for sure

im here, but damn bored, the 'net is running agonizingly slow ( at least not the mcf), and i cannot get onto craigslist at all. oh, justin, i think we finally got your wind. its freeking cold again.... damn, go figure i missed the 2 nice days we got, lol.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 PM

15 Year Member

He could have gotten a beater with an L67 :P

Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
15 Year Member

ryan it's curranly 60 and sunny im lovin it!! i actually contemplated putting on shorts when i got home...much needed break from the rain the past 2 weeks....i think... and now it's supost to be sunny

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday October 07, 2009