Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday November 18, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all been at work for a while but phone went bloop bleep when i came on here*** LOW BATTERY *** Apparently i didn't plug it in last night. Ya know how much it sucks when you get your check, cash it, then the next day you only have 20 of the 300? Yup thats where i am. Daycare, gassed up the car, some grocries and a few packs of smokes.

But like space said, gatta give up to get well. It's a bit more like giving up just to survive. SHET! Sprint bill is due soon. Well good thing i've got an inventory check comming.

Anyways, great words Wayne. Space, always a pleasure to see your words. Brit thats like shorts n t-shirt weather. I'm waking up in the 20's. Good luck on the test. I hope JJ is ok.

Well back on the charger the phone goes. And back to putting away and pullin parts. I'll be in and out here n there...

Old 11-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I posted in between your posts, man! That better? LOL

Old 11-18-2009, 10:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
But like space said, gatta give up to get well.
you mean like give up smoking? :p

Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Your putting in something other than Dex-cool right! Like Prestone or Peak All Make?
We'll see :p

Old 11-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
hey y'all!

freaking cold down here in Florida...walked outside and was like OMG! wtf is this? apparently it's like 48 degress right now. yesterday morning it was like 55 most of the day and man my car sure LOVES that cold air =D that supercharger was roaring! had lots of fun and hoping to have some fun once i get off school today if it stays chilly =]

saw that the northwestern part of the US is getting hit hard with storms so hopefully the members who live up there stay warm and safe from flooding and what not.

anyway, today same old wednesday--at school from 8am to 5:15pm =[ hate it with a passion. gotta chemistry test tomorrow. gonna be up all freakin night studying for that bcuz this is my last one before the final and i cannot get another bad grade on this one =[

Oh and Wayne nice words to start out the day with for sure =]

yehh i was in virginia beach when it hit, which got it the worst of all... it was effing rediculous weather... and i decided to drive to philly for the weekend during it... lol i had my facebook status as 'hurricane IDA (65mph wind gusts, downpours, flooding, road wipeouts) vs 'Lucy' (i listed the car w/ mods)... i like my odds'... lol although it was pretty rediculous on that 21 mile stretch on the chesapeake bay bridge-tunnel... lol... but we won in the end :-)

Old 11-18-2009, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
you mean like give up smoking? :p
It's a ongoing process...have been dwindling it down more n more... i have tried a few diff ways and they all have there

Last edited by Budsjlm; 11-18-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:09 AM
10 Year Member

side affects... gum gave me tramendous heart burn, the patch somthing in it i must be alergic to.. it would burn and leave a deep dark red square no matter where i put it, the lozenges... again

Old 11-18-2009, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member

Horid heatburn and the pill i havn't tried becuase my family has a long line of depression and i don't wanna take any chances... so i'm try to each day knock it down and come to where i dont need em

Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Here it is wednesday and I haven't done zhit all week. Well other then go to work.

I have been cleaning up some parts to paint. For my pink/white '57 Hardtop. Mainly small engine parts. Anyone know a '55/56/57 Chevy had two studs to hold the front of the engine off the cradle originally? Those are the parts I'm cleaning. Plus two V8 engine mounts. I bought new isolation donuts for the car like 5 yrs ago from Summit. Thought I'd finally use them.

It's been raining off/on since yesterday for us. I think it's suppose to continue till like friday or something? (UGH!)

Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
so i'm try to each day knock it down and come to where i dont need em
That's how my Dad quit after 20 years. Just bumped them down to certain times of a day, down to like 5 cigs a day. Then when he had the habits of having one (like getting in the car) he just ate a lollipop instead. Said it was more the habit of lighting a cig than actually having the nicotine.

Kept doing that, and replacing more and more with lollipops or pretzel rods until he wasn't smoking anymore.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday November 18, 2009