Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday June 30, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
though I read that the deadline had passed.
Through Feb 2011 I believe the deadline is.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Through Feb 2011 I believe the deadline is.
You is right. I was not looking beyond "Feb".

Dealership is the areas long time Caddy, Pontiac, Acura shop that recently added Chevy after the Chevy dealer went under earlier this year.

Might mosey over to the showroom and see if my 6'6" self can fit in a new Camaro . . .

Old 06-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by Barovelli
You is right. I was not looking beyond "Feb".

Dealership is the areas long time Caddy, Pontiac, Acura shop that recently added Chevy after the Chevy dealer went under earlier this year.

Might mosey over to the showroom and see if my 6'6" self can fit in a new Camaro . . .
I was in a few of the new Camaros at the auto show and I felt all wrapped up inside. Stuff too close all around. Then I sat in the Challenger....big difference. And I am only 5' 7".

Lisa

Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
10 Year Member

Adjusting from a Ford F150 to a 95 Firebird was a huge change - felt snug ok, but the view out the windshield was a like looking out of an army tank porthole. The Monte has better visibility than the 'bird.

Anyway - no joy in leaks today. Parts to order. New transmission cooler line, new fittings. Even the p/s recall parts need order. Go back Monday (open on holiday Monday..).

Guess that going to a dealership because you'd expect them to have an abundant supply of parts for GM cars in stock is no longer a reality. Shops are not keeping big inventories on the shelves. My warehouse is the same - lower inventory, trust the vendors (gulp!!).

Last edited by Barovelli; 06-30-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

I went from a lifted Jeep Wrangler(which I miss terribly!) to my Monte. Alot lower, alot bigger, more power, better sound system, better on gas, but can't go 4x4 ing with her.

Lisa

Old 06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member

I often miss my company truck - especially now when I have to pay my own fuel bill every month.

But unlike the company truck, the Monte has no splashy logos to attract attention, and no 1-800-RAT-OnMe sticker on the tail

Last edited by Barovelli; 06-30-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Oh I would HATE driving a company car with one of those "how's my driving??? and a phone number" stickers on it.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternoon all just sitting at work, just uploaded some pics to the monte nats tread... not onto looking at more jobs

Old 06-30-2010, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Oh I would HATE driving a company car with one of those "how's my driving??? and a phone number" stickers on it.
All part of setting an example. I got about 2 calls a year on me. Discourtesy in the other drivers opinion was most often the reason.

I did get a called on once when I had cargo maybe a bit more than the limits of a F150 and the tail was low. You know how that handles, like the front wheels are not touching the pavement. I kept it at 60 or less all the way from SJ to Monterey. Tiedowns. Right lane all the time. Still had someone call and say it looked unsafe, as I plod along in the slow lane with the big rigs and all the landscaper Toyota trucks loaded with loose tools and mulch speed past on 101..

The good is that it did prevent me from looking like an ahole in public, and most of all when one of my crew got a call, I often took it with a grain of salt. Said don't worry, just be careful what the impression is out there.

Now with no sticker? Yes, apologies to the two Prius' (wot, are they traveling in packs now??) that I cut off in one of those rare moments of pleasure yesterday - when they are both in lane 1 at a red light, lane 2 is empty and the light turns green. I had to punch it to whip by before the 2 lanes shrunk to 1. Would never do that in a company truck.

Last edited by Barovelli; 06-30-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning Everyone.

Just a slow day here in Henderson. Not much going on. I am now suspecting that its my fuel pump going bad. Not enough pressure getting to the TBI. WONDERFUL!!!

I remember i used to drive a truck years ago with those "HOW AND I DRIVING" stickers. I just got me a regular sticker and placed it on a magnet. Then when i drove, i would stick it over the H A I D sticker and no one knew my truck number. LOL

As far as going from one vehicle to another. I used to drive a full size Ram Van. Talk about blind spots. Then my Monte, then back into another van. and now my Jimmy. LOL

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday June 30, 2010