Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday January 20, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog: Wednesday January 20, 2010

* Thanks Mod J.J. for creating our MCF Logo 4-Sure
MCF ToDay

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic

For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13110

January 2010
`Winner
Member: MAMONTE
- `Michael -

^click^

Last edited by Space; 01-20-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 AM

Hi Member's
it's

EnJoy your Present
4-Sure

Old 01-20-2010, 06:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Morning everyone. I hope everyone is feeling GREAT today, and HAS a GREAT day to boot!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:39 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hi all, got to work about 1/2 hour ago - not too much going on yet.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, yesterday turned out to be a pretty intresting day. Remember the empolyee that I have that didnt show up that Friday morning, and I had to come all the way over to my office to open it in the morning??? Well, same guy no call, no show yesterday, so after about 4 hours of him not showing up, I started looking at alarm times (you can log into ADT, and check in and out times on the alarm), anyway, I figured out that he was coming to the office at weird times that he should not have been here. We are talking midnight, 2am, 3am, Etc. Then he would leave at 5-5:15am right before I got here at 5:30am. Weird right? Then on days I closed, he would come back to the office minutes after I left. Example, Friday I left at 5:29pm, and he came back into the building at 6:43pm. So I figured he was living in the office, or turning it into his "meeting place". Finally around 2:30pm yesterday, he decideds to call me and tell me he was sorry, he just woke up! I asked how he managed to sleep through both his personal cell, and work cell going off about 30 times each, he said he was just really tired. Thats when I said, yea I would be to if I was at the office from 6:43pm to 5:07am last night....SILENCE. I said, yea, thats right, I have alarm punches dating back from 12/1/09, showing you've been doing this for some time now. Not to mention you no called, no showed this morning, and I've wrote you up 5 times in the last 3 months for not answering calls (he is supposed to be on call on weekends), and not showing up to work when you're supposed to....Then he starts in on the "i'm so sorry, it will never happen again" BS line he always gives me, and I just told him, you know what, I am sick and tired of dealing with your crap. I said an employee works for a company to do a job, and my job as the manager of this office is to make sure its running right, and make sure you are doing your job (not to mention doing the rest of the job duties that come with this job). Then I said, guess what, you're not doing your job, and you're not a good employee...with economy they way it is now, i'm sure plenty of people would kill to have your job man. SILENCE. I then told him look I know you're not making a lot of money, but you need to look at the big picture here, you have a 40 hours gauranteed job, vacation time, sick time, and health insurance, $11 bucks an hour (yes, our office staff does not make much I know, but they don't pay us managers what we should be getting either), a company car, gas card, cell phone, and you get to screw off for half the day that you are at work...AGAIN SILENCE. Then I dumped it on him, I told him he needed to bring the company car back to the office by 9AM tomorrow (which is today), and needed to come pick up his last check. He then starts pleading with me about how he didnt mean it, he was sorry, won't happen again, give him a second chance, blah, blah, blah. I told him, I was sorry, but I could not give him his 301th chance, 300 was WAY to many already, it was OVER.

So........That said, I am now employee less, and working 100% alone. 5:30am-6:00pm and on call on weekends! Lucky me is salary, so NO OT for me either. UGH. Its going to be a long couple of weeks, but I will be fine, just tired. LOL.

Good news is that I have a person coming in today for an interview, so we will see how that goes. Seems like a pretty good canidate, and he did really well through the phone interview.

Alrighty, enough of the work drama!!! LOL. Man it is raining like crazy here still, and its supposed to continue tomorrow too. Yesterday we had thunder storms too, which is always a big deal since it happens like once a year. LOL.

Hope everyone has a GREAT hump day! I can't wait for this weekend to come!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Good Morning Everyone, well im at work & bored as usual lol, but i get off at 1 which is good, Hopefully the slavage yard gets the rockers off the car so i can get them ugh, Hope Everyone Has A Great Day

Old 01-20-2010, 08:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone.

Great job on the firing Michael

Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Great job on the firing Michael
I think thats the worse part of being the manager. I HATE it! Firing labors is no big deal, happens all the time. LOL. But firing in house staff makes me sick. Actually this was the first person i've actually fired, i've only ever laid people off. (yes, I know its almost the same, and both suck to do, but laying off is a LITTLE different just because its not because the person screwed up, its just company money situations. Firing is the empolyee scewed up.) And for me, the employee screwed up BIG time to push me far enough to actually fire someone. Even after everything he has done to bring this on himself, I still feel bad!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning everyone!

Wow. Tough break on that employee Michael. Did you notice if anything went missing?

Wayne, nice to hear the job offers are coming in. I'm really hoping for the best for everyone this year.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:15 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Wow. Tough break on that employee Michael. Did you notice if anything went missing?
I had all the locks changed before I left yesterday, and his alarm code is no longer active, so no, nothing missing. Then only thing i'm a little worried about is what he could possible do to the company car. Then again, I have his last check, including his vacation pay, so that is held hostage until I look the car over. LOL.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday January 20, 2010