Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 24, 2010

* Thanks Mod J.J. for creating our MCF Logo 4-Sure
MCF ToDay

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic

For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13110

February 2010 Monte of the Month

`Winner
Congratulations `Chris
Member: monte carlo 3831

^click^

Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 PM

Hey guys, it's 12:40 am and i'm up doing my best to get rid of a very harsh infection that the pc has. I happened today, and when i need norton the most it doesn't work i gave technical support TWO calls that had me on an automated hold for 20-25 minutes each time! 24/7 support my ***! this infection was so bad that it wouldn't allow me to access control panel, i couldn't download any anti maleware support like AVG or AVAST i am at whit ends with this. Fortunately this pc has a restore settings, which took about an tiresome and boring 1 and a half hours to do but it was necessary i was trying to uninstall and install norton but i lost the CD ...figures..that's when i called NORTON. I mean they automatically been renewing my subscription for the past two years and now when in need them the most ... they're not there. Corporate America! I did the factory restore and luckily my personal data is still here like photos and media i thought they would be erased and was saddened by it because i have all of my son's videos and photos on here, along with family and friend photos that i would hate to lose, but now i now i have to back them up for future references.
OK now that i've restored the PC it gave me a little more time to access the web and so through google, i googled the site that the maleware kept redirecting me too and found a forum that was discussing the same issue, identical to the letter! and a guy there recommended Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware which i have downloading and running a scan on right now, i am glad that i am on the right path to having this back to normal, hopefully *fingers crossed*. I will call norton again tomorrow to see who i can speak to because i have to reinstall that i just renewed my subscription in Jan and i dont have the CD to install it myself, maybe they can link me to a download page.
*sighs* i have a headache from all of this.
Sorry, i can't rant to anybody else, they're asleep.
G'night/morning all.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Morning all.
Jose, I hope you didn't get your PC infected from the MCF, but if you did, we're sorry, but you can understand the extra security measures we have been adding lately BECAUSE of the problems. Both Taz and myself have had MAJOR problems, and others as well. IF you have to re-format your hard drive and start over, which is the easiest way to get it all, TRASH Norton OR McAfee and use AVG from cnet.com. It's HANDS DOWN the BEST there is, and it's free!
Again, we apologize for the problems we have been having from all the vicious spammers lately, but when you are a popular forum, you get attacked.
Have a GREAT day everyone.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 AM

`Hi

Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 AM

`Hi

Old 02-24-2010, 08:31 AM

Hey, how ya' doin'?

Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!

It's Wednesday... which means MORE SNOW IS ON THE WAY

Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Morning everybody!

I had always used McAffee. Ditched it this time.

In other news, Monte Of The Month is open for voting now!

Got home from work about 8:30 this morning. Tired as hell. Gotta head off to bed in a few minutes. The words are starting to run off the screen. Trippy!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

yha, we got a couple feet up here last night... they called a snow day for school, which im OK with except for the fact that i was going to be doing some on the job training for my new job out at tech during school, and now i can't even leave my house, lol. my dad had to walk 2 1/2 miles home last night 'caus no one could get up the big hill at the front of my development, he spent 2 hours diggging ungreatfull people out only to have more get stuck & block the road... effin morons. scince there was no way for him to drive up due to the yayhoos getting stuck he walked up.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Hopefully they said the snow will stop Friday in the AM, so they can clean up roads and I can drive up at night

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 24, 2010