Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   MCF Members Blog: Wednesday February 17, 2010 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/mcf-members-blog-wednesday-february-17-2010-a-18769/)

Blazed SS 02-17-2010 01:59 PM

OK I got super lucky there we are trading me doing some low volt electrical work for some painting.. so free to me !! I know that when i called some other shops out here it was like 75$ - 150$ for 4 coats of black and 4 clear coats + mounting on the car we will be painting black behind the grille so the white don't shine through it and we will be putting a chrome wire mesh behind the lower grille..

ChibiBlackSheep 02-17-2010 02:13 PM

I think I'll just rattle can mine black with a clear and then hope it comes out looking nice ;)

I don't wanna spend $100ish on something I spent $75 on just for them to shoot a piece of plastic

Jomao_o 02-17-2010 02:14 PM

Wait, i'm confused, are you painting the wire mesh too or leaving it as is?

Blazed SS 02-17-2010 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 201104)
I think I'll just rattle can mine black with a clear and then hope it comes out looking nice ;)

I don't wanna spend $100ish on something I spent $75 on just for them to shoot a piece of plastic

I would have done that 2 if I would not had found a painter to trade with work for work free is the right price for me :)

Jomao_o 02-17-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by 2001 ss keith (Post 201108)
I would have done that 2 if I would not had found a painter to trade with work for work free is the right price for me :)

Free for a professionally done job.. .win/win ;)

Blazed SS 02-17-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o (Post 201105)
Wait, i'm confused, are you painting the wire mesh too or leaving it as is?

we are leaving it chrome so it is just a hint of chrome behind the grille kind of like the headlights

Space 02-17-2010 02:48 PM

- Hi 2 Member's that stopped in 2 say `hi....Each post counts to our Sponsors
....4-Sure...It's what keeps our forum on the Web...Without Sponsor's & you
we would not `be....:eek:...Yes, stop in everyday on the Blog & say `hi :D

- Justin, great 2 read about your `job...,We wish U the best & Big $'s

- `Jose, like your answer in Happy State of Mind as long as you are with your wife/son & `Monte :D...I agree 100% "It's not where U live, it who U live with : ) 4-Real : )

- `Lou (Taz), hope U get some time to visit more....& not have 2 `be behind the scenes of the MFC correcting prob's & keep'in the MCF up & runn'in.....Thanks 4 your dedication 4-Sure...

- Hi `Amy, Chicago is a beautiful corrupt `city : ) & there sure are some superSuper Monte's there : )

- Keith, hope U take pic's & post of your new Mod....Great 2 read `bout your barter deals : )

- Hi EveryBody reading this "Post a `hi 2 all `if you haven't...`ok
Become part of our Crazy MonteCarloFamily `Blog....

Peace/Happy ~>`Out

The Popcorn King 02-17-2010 03:47 PM

Just checking in.

Congrats Justin on the news of work man.

I just called a place looking for people and they said that i am too old ( just not in so many words ). They are looking for people out of school cause they are trying to have a "YOUNG" image. It seams that they dont care if the a 43 year old guy is perfect for the position and would be a loyal employee. They just want kids with those stupid looking hair cuts ( the ones that look like you just got up out of bed and were to lazy to brush your hair ) and then move on the first change the get.

Do employers not realize all the money they are loosing because of these practices? They are spending time and money to train kids just so they can move on with something else. They need to hire the 40+ people with years of experience and loyalty and actually build a stronger company.

End Rant.

Sorry, but its the truth.

Budsjlm 02-17-2010 03:52 PM

That's just downright messed up JJ

Blazed SS 02-17-2010 03:59 PM

WTF that is messed up JJ now is the time you can get expierence for that job at lower price . what is going on here has everyone taken crazy pills or what !!
sorry you did not get it... I just hope places like that go out of busness