Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday December 09, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog: Wednesday December 09, 2009

* Thanks Mod J.J. for creating our Monte Carlo Family Logo 4-Sure
MCF ToDay

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

16 Days until Christmas

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth

`Off Topic

For Every Member to Post

and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi Don't be `Shy
Become part of our Monte Carlo Family.
Please don't hurt with your words/post
`Thank You!

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone

December 2009

Monte of the Month

`Winner

MRL390

- Matt -

Check out all our MCF Winner's
https://montecarloforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=10474
^click^
Thanks `Lou our MCF Administrator `Taz,
for his SuperSuper dedication to our Monte Carlo Family.
4-RealSure it's appreciated by our MemberShip : )

Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 AM

Im looking for the snow! I got the oil changed in the 3 wheelers and tanks full of gas. Im getting alot of rain here and may have to go north if the weather dont change. Its a bummer to see places not to far from here getting hit with the fun.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:02 AM

it's still pouring down rain here. i'm still betting i'm going to have to defrost my doors before i go to work today. michael, now you know what i had to deal with saturday night, i yanked on that door until i was physically out of strength. Had to have security muscle their way into my car or else i was SOL and calling triple a. With my luck they'd show up with an ice pick....

Next time I'm gonna see if I can crawl thru the trunk.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:27 AM

Hi Member's,
Just finished 10 hrs @ the Warehouse &
check'in in with my Monte Family 2 C what's happened
while I was away....
Below are 2 links that were sent 2 me & I thought I would
share, cause I'm super tired 2day & must recharge my
Mind/Bod/Spirit.
Wish EveryBody a Happy/Safe/Fun Wednesday
4-Sure
EnJoy your Human `Journey of `Life
"We only get one"

Oh `No, we better make the most of `it 4-Sure

http://www.wesh.com/news/21898485/detail.html
click & check out vid...
Dash Cam Captures Airbourne Ford : )
Make Full Screen 2 see a Ford Fly : )

...Click above 2 see a Ford being chased by the police
and it goes airbourne in2 trees : )
He had a suspended license.

Rare Big Surf Competition Crowns Winner

California Man Wins First Prize, $55K & it should've been `KidSpace

`Surf `Up

UPDATED: 2:21 am EST December 9, 2009
HONOLULU
-- A one-day surfing contest that takes place only in extreme conditions was held for the first time in five years Tuesday, thanks to the massive waves pounding Oahu's famed North Shore.

Thousands gathered at Waimea beach to watch the world's top surfers rocket down waves 30 feet high. Some arrived at 4 a.m. for a good spot, while others camped out all night.
Popularly known as "The Eddie," the competition is held only when waves top 20 feet in Waimea Bay. This is only the eighth time the conditions have been right since the event was founded in 1984.
Many of the 28 competitors were professional surfers, including Kelly Slater, Bruce Irons and Sunny Garcia. All were experienced big-wave riders. Entrants were selected by a poll of surfers.
"We want guys who can't wait to pull themselves over the ledge and drop into a 25-foot wave," said Bob McKnight, president of Quiksilver, the event's sponsor. He was at a meeting in 1984 that led to the founding of the event.
The contest is held in honor of Eddie Aikau, a legendary Hawaiian surfer, Waimea Bay lifeguard and waterman. Aikau died in 1978 at the age of 31 when the traditional Hawaiian voyaging canoe he was on capsized en route from Hawaii to Tahiti. Aikau paddled on his surfboard toward Hawaii's Lanai island, 19 miles away, to get help, but never returned. The rest of the crew was rescued soon after.
Clyde Aikau, Eddie's brother and 1987 winner of "The Eddie," is competing at age 60. He said his family was humbled by the contest.
"It's always cool to surf for Eddie," Clyde Aikau said in a television interview Tuesday after riding a wave.
"Hawaiians call it chicken-skin to have so much support for Eddie over all these years," he said, using the local slang for goose bumps. "It's a tremendous feeling."
The winner, Greg Long of San Clemente, Calif., took home $55,000, while the total purse was $98,000.
Long, 24, edged ahead of his childhood idol Slater with a score of 323. Slater, 37, placed second with 313.
"I'm humbled to be even in this event," said Long, noting he had posters of his competitors on his walls growing up. "To be recognized amongst them on the invitee list was a dream come true for me."
Kauai-born Sunny Garcia placed third.
The National Weather Service forecast 30- to 40-foot waves, with some sets approaching 50 feet on the outer reefs as Hawaii remained under a high surf warning. The high surf was caused by two large storms northwest of Hawaii.
The storms were expected to send significant -- but smaller -- waves to the West Coast of the U.S. mainland Wednesday and Thursday, said Jonathan Hoag, a National Weather Service forecaster in Honolulu

EnJoy your `Present ~> Your Now
-Now-

Last edited by Space; 12-09-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 AM

Hi Member's, Don't 4-get to support our sponsor's.
"Without them ? We would not `be"
Thank You

Holiday Rebate Offer
Purchase any new Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set or Sportline Spring Set and you may be eligible to receive a 10% Holiday Rebate*. Offer valid on select Eibach products purchased from in-stock inventory between 12:00 a.m. EST November 16, 2009 and 11:59 p.m. EST December 31, 2009.
*Valid in the 50 United States including the District of Columbia and APO/FPO addresses. Offer also valid in Canada. (Rebate paid in U.S. dollars. Does not include shipping, customs, duty charges, etc. or sales tax.)
Search by Vehicle

Click above Search 2 check on the price 4 your Monte Carlo WoW

Important redemption information:
To receive your rebate coupon visit Eibach's website for complete details. Rebate coupons are not available from Tire Rack.

Tire Rack will mail a copy of your invoice to your billing address within 1-2 weeks. An invoice will also be shipped with your order.
If you do not receive your invoice by mail within 2 weeks of shipment, please contact Tire Rack's customer service department by calling 1-888-541-1777, extension 360.

Thank You `TireRack 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 12-09-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:18 AM

Well so far my day isn't too great. I've been really sick the past few days and I found out I have a fever of 102.1 so I decided perhaps I should see the doctor...

Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS
Well so far my day isn't too great. I've been really sick the past few days and I found out I have a fever of 102.1 so I decided perhaps I should see the doctor...

I think it's a great decision 2 C your `doc.
Wish you a feel better 4-Sure.
Take good care & drink plenty of fluids (beers: )
Get a full time `nurse
Do U think it's the flu bug ?
Hope your `doc can give U something to chase
the bad away...
Good Luck from your Monte Carlo Family
4-Sure
Keep us updated `ok & let us know how U R do'in..
We don't need any sick buckeyes from the Great State of Ohio.
Peace/Out
the `Bum's

Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1BADSS
4 Sure get it taken care of, and make SURE you're drinking LOTS of fluids, and NOT the alcoholic variety!
GET BETTER 4 us!

Space, ya got me thinking (smell something burning?) Can you see the shuttles and other rockets go up from your place? Have U ever thought about employment there, or tried???
Also, have you or any of the Bums ever been in any surfing competitions? Grandpa?

Morning everyone else,
We got about 3" of snow overnight.......then it rained. About 3/4" of slush out there. Looks like it went JUST north of us. WHEW! Thank you Lord for that!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

goodmornin all didnt get any snow which is scary.. its gonna wait till I'm sixty miles north.

Attached Thumbnails MCF Members Blog: Wednesday December 09, 2009-minasoti-yoga.jpg   MCF Members Blog: Wednesday December 09, 2009-yoga-props.jpg  
Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 AM

Yeah I'd say I've definitely got the flu or something nasty. It comes off and on..like right now I feel alright but 3 hours ago I was in dying agony and roasting in my bed. Thanks for the well wishes though, it means a lot.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday December 09, 2009